Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ariza Talks Further on Arum Issues, Manny Pacquiao, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really do beleive arum is blocking the fight with mayweather,but what I dont understand is why?? as if people are going to pay to see manny keep fighting cottos and clotteys especially after JMM3??? the guy is going to lose anyhow,arum has more money the hell ever need win or lose make the dam mayweather fightalready, im just sick of hearing about it,even thoughpac will most likley lose,its more excrutiatiing hearing about it than just having the guy lose.arums is a cancer to this sport,andI 100% beleive if oscar were in charge this fight would get made give the people what they want. pacs on his way out ,he lost his last fight,even though he was gifted a decision,and mayweather is on his way out too,arum is simply a cancer to this sport I dont even see the point in him putting it off any longer.

Comment

that has no to one of the worst interviews i have seen... i learn absolutely nothing that hadnt been said in his previous interview with fighthype...

where are the follow-up questions about manny promoting himself??? or the questions of mayweather vs pacquiao?... does the reporter even know the difference between and open and close question???...

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
        Worst interview ever. First, no Floyd/Manny follow up questions. Second, the questions appeared to be based on premises that were never fully explained.

All I could gather was that Ariza is mad that Arum doesn't want him working with Top Rank fighters. Would you?

The guy basically calls Arum a crook (which is probably true) and expects Arum not to respond?

Finally, can anybody tell me what the hell Ariza does? Is he a boxing trainer or just a cheerleader? I can put blocks on the floor and have the fighters jump over them -- we did the same **** in high school gym class, remember. That's it, he is just a glorified gym teacher.
        The man was responsible for Pac's conditioning from the time he moved up in weight he fought DelaHoya, to time he became a full fledged WW after the Cotto fight.. You can make excuses for every wins he had with those fighters, but the fact is that Pac was able to get the proper physical training while moving up in weight without compromising any of his speed.

Comment

i quite like ariza,i read the whole interview on fighthype and good luck to him for speaking his mind.we all want the pac/may fight and he saif that arum is the reason its not happening,which is nice to hear as its someone from mannys side as opposed to gbp or the mayweathers

Comment

Originally posted by SyrianUser View Post
            Fake interview *******s ?
            Angie Dundee once told me they are called "retirement fights". You pad a guys record by putting him against guys that are going to retire. They're shot, over-the-hill fighters who just want one last payday. The only selling point is that they were once great, and they claim the fight is going to restart their careers.

Hatton, Shane and Oscar should have retired before the fight, right. Had they fought anybody in the top 10, what would have happened? They would have gotten knocked out, and you can throw in Clottey and Margo with them.

Just remember, if a guy is padding his records with guy who then retire, he's a farce.

Comment

Originally posted by larcom View Post
              i quite like ariza,i read the whole interview on fighthype and good luck to him for speaking his mind.we all want the pac/may fight and he saif that arum is the reason its not happening,which is nice to hear as its someone from mannys side as opposed to gbp or the mayweathers
              Is that a voice of reason, or of someone who is fighting for his job???

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
                I really do beleive arum is blocking the fight with mayweather,but what I dont understand is why??
                because pac/floyd would be 50/50 at best so it'd have to break 3 mil. PPV's to be worthwile, which is still a difficult goal (individually they can sell about 1.3 mil ppvs). both arum and floyd know the cash is better if you don't copromote and keep the income inhouse, fighting comers at 90/10 (floyd-ortiz) or 80/20 (pac-marq). that's why the fans should boycott them if the fight doesn't go through......the best should fight the best.

Comment

[QUOTE=mikemurni;11476111]The man was responsible for Pac's. You have to be kidding, right?

Look, Ariza's just a glorified gym teacher! You know what a "personal trainer" or "conditioning coach" really does? He just makes sure you get to the gym on time or show up at the workout. That's it! The fighter still has to do the exercises and any gym teacher in the world can show you what exercises to do.

Do you really think Ariza invented those exercises. Yeah, and he invented pushups too.

Ariza's true values is his ability to make those special shakes for Pac that helps him pack on those lb's.

Comment

a ten bell salute is sounding on this 'who's avoiding who' soap opera .. BOB the leech showed his hand by trying to talk up Marquez IV ... no more of this foreplay .. Floyd and Manny must meet in the squared circle in 2012 .. GET IT ON .. (Floyd by UD)

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
                      The man was responsible for Pac's. You have to be kidding, right?

Look, Ariza's just a glorified gym teacher! You know what a "personal trainer" or "conditioning coach" really does? He just makes sure you get to the gym on time or show up at the workout. That's it! The fighter still has to do the exercises and any gym teacher in the world can show you what exercises to do.

Do you really think Ariza invented those exercises. Yeah, and he invented pushups too.

Ariza's true values is his ability to make those special shakes for Pac that helps him pack on those lb's.
                      Oh so now its steroids issue.. Who gives a **** if he didnt invent those exercises, the fact is that it was Ariza who introduced those plyometrics exercises to Pac's routine, and had been working for him...

Comment

Working...
                      X