Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime gets Victor Ortiz-Andre Berto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather be it in HBO but if they do land it, they might make it a ppv.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Strange...

Williams[Al Haymon fighter] vs Molina/Bundrage: Showtime

Berto[Al Haymon fighter] vs Ortiz: Showtime

Any one think something is going on with Haymon and HBO? And how will this effect Floyd who's also a Haymon fighter, but claims to love HBO?
      Does it have to do with Ken Hershman going to HBO. And, Haymon doesn't have the same pull he had when he had Greenburg?

Comment

Originally posted by S.J. II View Post
        Floyd Mayweather is a grown ass man. Al Haymon is not his boss, in fact he has no boss.
        Take Floyd out of my post...now what's up with two Haymon fighters, who are also long time HBO fighters, doing in Showtime? I mean if I remember correctly Williams last fight on Showtime was Williams-Quintana II. And Berto never fought in Showtime.

It's gonna be good to hear actual boxing comments, positive comments towards BOTH fighters in the ring though. One thing showtime does not do is pick one fighter and just roll all over the other one for the whole fight, just sucking off one fighter. Showtime commentators>HBO commentators, but overall HBO>Showtime. They are unbiased and praise both fighters in the ring, and critique both fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          Does it have to do with Ken Hershman going to HBO. And, Haymon doesn't have the same pull he had when he had Greenburg?
          I don't know, I still see Winky's twin brothers[Watson's sons] in the ring in HBO fights and they are closely connected with Al Haymon.

Comment

As long as Larry Merchant is alive, I hope every good fight goes to Showtime.

Comment

Second fight will be not as good as first one, they will play safe this time around lately most fights turn out to be snooze fest I hope Cotto Marg II not fall into that category.

Comment

Originally posted by memento126 View Post
                Second fight will be not as good as first one, they will play safe this time around lately most fights turn out to be snooze fest I hope Cotto Marg II not fall into that category.
                Maybe, but Berto is hungry to avenge and Ortiz has a lot to make up for after his last outing.

Comment

Strange...

Williams[Al Haymon fighter] vs Molina/Bundrage: Showtime

Berto[Al Haymon fighter] vs Ortiz: Showtime

Any one think something is going on with Haymon and HBO? And how will this effect Floyd who's also a Haymon fighter, but claims to love HBO?
                  Yeah, looks like Big Al wasn't thrilled about his partner-in-crime Ross Greenburg getting the axe. And Golden Boy's attorney being the head of Showtime... how is that not a blatant conflict of interest?

Comment

I don't know, I still see Winky's twin brothers[Watson's sons] in the ring in HBO fights and they are closely connected with Al Haymon.
                    Yea but Ken Hershman doesn't take over until January though. I think right now Kerry Davis is in charge. But, not so sure.

I don't think HBO has any fight lined up yet...Until Hershman takes over...But, not sure about that either.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless
                      Sweet, I just got Showtime for free for 3 months because I threatened to cancel my Direct TV subscription.
                      Love it.....

Comment

Working...
                      X