No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Felix Trinidad: De La Hoya Rejected The Rematch 7 Times

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
    Lol no need for a rematch De la hoya joto won easy took tito to skool, thats why tito wanted a rematch, de la hoya didnt need a rematch lol
    You DO realize that the man in your avatar went against exactly what you're claiming DLH shouldn't have done? can you say double standard lol, JMM thought he won the first 2 fights against Pac, and instead of walking away, he went at it with Pac for a third time, beat him more convincingly and STILL did not get the W on his record.

DLH and most people thought he won, why not fight Tito again to prove the first fight was a total fluke and that he could wipe out Tito?

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
      nice try tito but you know you lost that fight
      he won that fight he whipped hoya's ass.. and about time they gave the rightful winner a decision they robbed whitaker and quartey be fore that.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
        Lol no need for a rematch De la hoya joto won easy took tito to skool, thats why tito wanted a rematch, de la hoya didnt need a rematch lol
        cut the bulls.hit you acting worse than *******s now

Comment

LOL @ people trying to re-write history...Or maybe some just wasn't following the sport closely back then and just by Legendary nights and what they read on forums...

Quick question who did Oscar rematch? JCC? An old JCC? Why?

Whitaker? Nope, Quartey? Nope...They deserved the rematch...Was there a rematch? No. Why? But, JCC who didn't deserve a rematch like Whitaker and Quartey got one? Why?

He didn't want to rematch Mosley either...Until Mosley got beat twice by Forrest and looked ish against Marquez...Hell even lowed ball Floyd in the rematch discussion. So why are people in disbelief that Oscar didn't want to rematch Tito?

Tito always wanted it...Couldn't do it at 147...Oscar never was that interested in getting in the ring...Because, he knew he didn't have an easy time against Tito. Whether some of his idiotic fans like to believe it or not. Hell even his corner said it after the 10th round, not another round like that Oscar. If they were cruising to a win, why were they worried after the 10th? Oscar said he ran cuz' he felt Tito power...He's saying it was either run and hope to once again get the benefit of the doubt with the judges like he did with Whitaker and Quartey or get KO'd.

Comment

Originally posted by mdportorock3 View Post

You are just a lot upset that mexican destroyed almost every mexican they put in front of him. Nice t4ry though hater.

AHAHAHAHAHA
            There was no robbery...Why didn't Oscar rematch Whitaker and Quartey? Because, he was scared to get a gift decision? The logic that Kev used is ******ed.

And, yes it's true that every Mexican that Tito faced were either got rand over or ran for their life. But, why would Kev be upset about that? Don't be an idiot...And, it's not like Kev is Mexican...Believe it or not, just cuz' someone likes Oscar or dislikes Tito doesn't make them Mexican...No need to be ignorant.

Comment

In the spirit of exercising his demons, I hope Oscar comes clean and admits (again) that he ran in those last few rounds not because he thought he was so far ahead but because he was exhausted and didn't like what he was tasting.

Comment

Wow tito can still talk some bs lol. After that fight odh practically moved to PR and I remember clearly newspaper interviews with him about the rematch and Oscar always wanted that fight. It was clear that if theirbout wouldve last 1 more rd Oscar wouldve get ltfo, but you cant cover thesun with a finger and ive seen that fight like 4 times and I still see tito losimg on points.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  In the spirit of exercising his demons, I hope Oscar comes clean and admits (again) that he ran in those last few rounds not because he thought he was so far ahead but because he was exhausted and didn't like what he was tasting.
                  You would think if it was as easy as some posters like to think. Then he would have kept on doing it...I seen people play it safe in the last round...But, he did it when there was still a lot of time in the fight. He sensed what was going to happen. So he did what he had to do to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by JoelRa79 View Post
                    Wow tito can still talk some bs lol. After that fight odh practically moved to PR and I remember clearly newspaper interviews with him about the rematch and Oscar always wanted that fight. It was clear that if theirbout wouldve last 1 more rd Oscar wouldve get ltfo, but you cant cover thesun with a finger and ive seen that fight like 4 times and I still see tito losimg on points.
                    He didn't want to fight Tito...He wanted to drain Tito though...But, then he moved to Puerto Rico and said he promised his wife that he wouldn't fight a Puerto Rican ever again....That's until Cotto became a serous option GTFOH.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      You would think if it was as easy as some posters like to think. Then he would have kept on doing it...I seen people play it safe in the last round...But, he did it when there was still a lot of time in the fight. He sensed what was going to happen. So he did what he had to do to survive.
                      Basically. I'm of the opinion that if he hadn't done that, Trinidad would've inflicted some serious damage in those latter rounds. Oscar was great in his prime but Trinidad was one of the greatest welters ever, the one who took the torch from Pernell Whitaker. A stoppage on a tiring Oscar wouldn't have surprised me. Either way, he won as I believe he should have.

Comment

Working...
                      X