Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vernon Paris Inks Promotional Deal With Don King

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now Paris will get an instant ranking but sit on the shelve for two years waiting for a title shot.

Comment

I think it is fine, now he has Bundrage and Paris two Detroit guys. Boxing has been kind of dry in the D and the commission is weak here so I could see King doing his thing for a bit.

I think Paris comes out ahead as it is an upgrade over who he has, and Paris is thugged out with a very checkered past King is probably the best he could do.

Comment

If Paris impresses in his next fight just like he did against Coleman, he's good. If not, and performs like he did against Augustus or Santiago (pressure fighting gatekeeper), then he's fuc(k)ed!

I barely see him fight enough, but man... this might just suck.

Comment

Why are you guys acting like it's the end of his career? Look at Agbeko : he fought Darchinyan one of the biggest names in the lower divisions, he's been involved in a big boxing tournament and he will fight in a highly anticipated rematch on Showtime as the main event. Paris is fighting in a division filled with names, I'm sure he'll be alright.

Comment

Vernon will be fine with Don. He'll get a lot more exposure now. Vernon will be a champ someday soon. He definitely has the boxing skills...

Comment

This is a good move by Paris. DK has K9 so now he has two fighters that he can market to potential venues to put on a show in Detroit.

Comment

Say what you will about Don King, but Vernon has seen how he made Devon Alexander a millionaire before 25. Not only that but I doubt Vernon has a lot of money, and Don is the type of promoter that will WHOOo him and front him 25k or 30k just for his pockets, a lot of other promoters won't do that...

Comment

Working...
                X