No announcement yet.

Bold Prediction: Cotto ENDS Margaritos CAREER on Dec 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bold Prediction: Cotto ENDS Margaritos CAREER on Dec 3

Cotto is angry and motivated from Margarito's plaster of paris wraps. Margarito had his eye busted up in the Pacquiao fight. Cotto is a hard hitter, he will target the eye and end Margarito's career on DEC 3rd if the fight plays out without ending early from something silly like a headbutt or something.

Mark my words.
    Last edited by RoidRage; 11-21-2011, 07:00 PM.

i predict cotto doesn't quit this time out.

his corner will throw in the towel or the ref will stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by RoidRage View Post
      Cotto is angry and motivated from Margarito's plaster of paris wraps. Margarito had his eye busted up in the Pacquiao fight. Cotto is a hard hitter, he will target the eye and end Margarito's career on DEC 3rd if the fight plays out without ending early from something silly like a headbutt or something.

Mark my words.
      similar prediction here

I think Cotto will permanently blind antonio's right eye and end his boxing career.

Comment

Mark my words.
        I think that's going to happen whether or not Margarito wins. I've said it numerous times before and I'll say it again...

Margarito started in pro boxing at the age of 15, he's 33 years old. 18 years in boxing equates to a lot of punishment, especially with his face-first style of fighting. The punches he's taken in the Cotto fight, the Mosley fight, and the Pacquiao fight ALONE are more than a handful, not to mention the punishment he'll take in the Cotto rematch (win or lose).

Margarito won't be in boxing for much longer, of that I'm certain. He's a tough SOB, I'll give him that. But 18 years with Margarito's style can't do any good considering his lack of defense.

Comment

Mark my words.
          I like Cotto, but after the face off, he showed me he has no heart for this fight game. he treats it as a job. on the other hand, you can tell Margs has passion for what he does, and is willing to die for his passion of the fight game. at this point ,Cotto is looking to get paid. as for Margs? he wants to rip Cotto's ****in head off and feed it to him! why? cause he has that passion you need to be a fighter, its in his blood!

Comment

Originally posted by LAkers85 View Post
            I like Cotto, but after the face off, he showed me he has no heart for this fight game. he treats it as a job. on the other hand, you can tell Margs has passion for what he does, and is willing to die for his passion of the fight game. at this point ,Cotto is looking to get paid. as for Margs? he wants to rip Cotto's ****in head off and feed it to him! why? cause he has that passion you need to be a fighter, its in his blood!
            Yeah, that must account for his great boxing record, 1 loss to the worlds P4p best, and a controversial loss by a guy everyone was avoiding. but Cotto fought him...no heart, my ass...i agree with the thread title.

Comment

That's not a bold prediction at all.

Margarito is trash now, even the bum Cotto can beat him. He's 1-2 in his last 3 and took the beatings of his life against Mosley and Pacquiao. I don't think he even won a round against Mosley and Pac.

Comment

Mark my words.
                that is a bold prediction

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
                  I think that's going to happen whether or not Margarito wins. I've said it numerous times before and I'll say it again...

Margarito started in pro boxing at the age of 15, he's 33 years old. 18 years in boxing equates to a lot of punishment, especially with his face-first style of fighting. The punches he's taken in the Cotto fight, the Mosley fight, and the Pacquiao fight ALONE are more than a handful, not to mention the punishment he'll take in the Cotto rematch (win or lose).

Margarito won't be in boxing for much longer, of that I'm certain. He's a tough SOB, I'll give him that. But 18 years with Margarito's style can't do any good considering his lack of defense.

I agree...he's not a very good boxer at all...one dimensional. Face 1st, come forward volume puncher. His defence sucks, and he's been hit waaaaay too many times. Especially in the Mosley and Pac fights.
                  i can see this as possibly, and more than likely, his last fight. Just too much damage to that eye. He's jumping through hurdles just to get licensed by real doctors, not Arums cronies.

That eye will cause him problems, besides ring rust (sparring with headgear ain't the same) and Cotto is learning new things, correcting mistakes made in the 1st fight. I'm getting very confident of a Cotto victory. Neither guy is the same both are past prime, but i see Cotto looking better for the wear.

The most Tony got going for him at this point is his Mexican heart and will, and a dam good chin, though it might have been cracked by Cotto, Mosley and Pac.
                  Last edited by jazluvr; 11-21-2011, 07:34 PM.

Comment

People are too worried about his eye, it will hold up perfectly fine

Comment

Working...
                    X