Margarito cracked wrap mystery solved by 24/7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
    The whole picture thing is ODD, period.

There are actual photographer's prints out there of another photo taken after the fight which shows Margarito holding that same hand up and revealing no crack on the wrap. While online versions of the exact same photo show a "crack".

Regardless, this observation debunks the whole "crack" theory.

None of the Cottosexuals ever mentioned a black thread caught in a crack before this came to light tonight. They were just talking about a crack. Now it's a black thread caught in a crack.
    That was the FIRST time the black thread was ever seen as well of course you never heard of it before. That still doesn't mean the crack wasn't there, just the first time you saw it as compared to other photos. Regardless, I do not see that photo you speak of anywhere, what a coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
      Even if it is a different gauze, he had still cheated Cotto. You will see the 3rd man. Those "thudding" blows, as Lampley described, have not been heard since the Cotto fight. C'mon it's common sense but you are a hater - one of those dudes that hates on the Boricuas I see. Either way, the truth will be exposed and the veil lifted from your eyes after Dec. 3rd. Remember that.
      Yeah, we'll see on the 3rd if NY gives the go-ahead. You going to the fight?

No thudding blows? Look at who he's fought since Cotto. He was unable to get a punching rhythm going against Shane, because Shane had the stylistic remedy. Garcia was dropped heavily in the first round and toyed with thereafter to get rounds in. Pacquiao is Pacquiao, a tougher guy than Cotto and harder to pin down, and even he was hurt to the body momentarily. We've seen no conclusive proof at all that Tony has lost punching power.

Who cares what Lampley says? That guy's a running joke.

Comment

It was obviously a piece of black thread that got stuck to the sticky tape that goes in between the knuckles to create the the palm handle in a wrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Stones!
          Yeah, we'll see on the 3rd. I'll see from ringside.

No thudding blows? Look at who he's fought since Cotto. He was unable to get a punching rhythm going against Shane, because Shane had the stylistic remedy. Garcia was dropped heavily in the first round and toyed with thereafter to get rounds in. Pacquiao is Pacquiao, a tougher guy than Cotto, and even he was hurt to the body momentarily. We've seen no conclusive proof at all that Tony has lost punching power.

Who cares what Lampley says? That guy's a running joke.
          That doesn't matter, he still landed blows but none of them thudded. Lampley been commentating fights for years, an expert, and a ringside witness at that so I care, LOL. Margarito did not toy with or take that dude out in Mexico, he sucks. Dude was a cab driver. Pac got hit with one good body shot, big whoop. We can all get smashed with a body shot. My man got heart, fought there with pad in his opponents gloves. Blood tears. Blood coming out his ears. And this guy did it with gloves? Unheard of papa. Proof is there, all the evidence points to a cheater, all my Mexican buddies lost his respect too, IDK wasup with some of you payasos. Cotto can still lose because that is boxing but it won't be **** like the first fight because that plaster helped a WHOLE lot. LOL have fun thinking of an excuse for Cotto's win after the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
            Exactly, right?

It's hilarious how people have clung to a flippant remark and wilfully chosen to take it literally,

"See how desperate he is? His excuses are crazy OMG!",
            I will bet you every point I have that Cotto wins this fight.

Margarito is a shot fighter, about to exposed as the cheating scum bag he is.

Comment

Originally posted by kimmiblob View Post
              It took only a few seconds to see that it was NOT any sort of insertion into the bandage. Just think for a second. If anything like a "solid" pad were to be of any use, it would HAVE to be shaped exactly like the knuckles and fit exactly over the knuckles. This obviously was not so in the appearance of the bandages after the Cotto fight. They looked perfectly normal. I am surprised that Cotto would have lent himsefl to the dialogue in this video, and I saw a quote from him a few months ago saying that he did not accuse Margarito of having an illegal pad. But this video says differently.

The pad NEEDS to be soft to fit over the knuckles, the otherwise it can fit only on the back of the hand part meeting the knuckle, or across the fingers themselves which not only would be very obvious, but very uncomfortable and likely do damage to the knuckle itself.

Regardless of what 2 "Plaster of Paris" ingredients were found in the pre-Mosley fight used pad, one of them, according to this video was talcum. Talcum is widely used in boxing, as are other kinds of absorbent powders. The original announced 2 ingredients did not mention talcum as far as I recall, but the official report said that BOTH ingredients were used in many other manufactured items in PARTICULAR in cosmetics. Wellllll... talcum powder of course, is a cosmetic.

Anyway, I hope this is a great fight, and although Pacquiao may have taken too much out of Margarito. If he is any example of the great old time fighters, he shoudl be able to shrug it off and still be good. If so he should beat Cotto again, although, Cotto if he's smart, will stick to boxing instead of fighting. Is he capable of this for 12 rounds ...I don't know.

By the way the Chavez fight tonight was a lot better than expected and both fighters had their moments, but Chavez, as soon as he sensed the moment, and it was the RIGHT moment, was onto Manfredo like a tiger and beat him up in, as Col Bob said, 21 unanswered heavy punches. Result, ref stopped fight in 6th (I think).

Chavez is improving steadily, punching very fast and heavy, but still takes a little too much unneccessary punishment for my liking.

Comment

If it's a crack right through the gauze, how come it's over top of the tape that they place between the knuckles (that I've outlined here). It's a thread from some ones shirt or the liner of the gloves.

That doesn't prove his wraps weren't loaded, but that isn't a crack/rip in the gauze.

and the un-outlined pic

And also agree with the 'no thudding blows' statement being silly. There was NO blows in the Mosley fight. It's not like he was hitting Shane with tons of punching, but they didn't do damage like before.

Comment

Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
                  That was the FIRST time the black thread was ever seen as well of course you never heard of it before. That still doesn't mean the crack wasn't there, just the first time you saw it as compared to other photos. Regardless, I do not see that photo you speak of anywhere, what a coincidence.
                  Someone posted it on this very forum, namely HTown. Others posted the online version with the "crack".

Mate, I considered the issue of Tony's guilt/innocence for almost two years, wrote several lengthy posts on it over that period of time and teetered to both sides in my deliberation before I decided that what evidence was there was just too insubstantial to indict the guy on, much less string him up.

You have Cotto in your avatar, man. And you're a Rican if I'm not mistaken.

You're seeing it how you want to see it and that's how you've been seeing it exclusively from day #1. With all due respect.

Comment

Also notice the big U shape in the 'crack'. How would something rip/crack like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Stones!
                      Someone posted it on this very forum. HTown. Others posted the online version with the "crack".

Mate, I considered the issue of Tony's guilt/innocence for almost two years, wrote several lengthy posts on it over that period of time and teetered to both sides in my deliberation before I decided that what evidence was there was just too insubstantial to indict the guy on let alone string him up.

You have Cotto in your avatar, man. You're a Rican, or am I mistaken?

You're seeing it how you want to see it and that's how you've been seeing it exclusively from day #1. With all due respect.
                      Yeah I am Rican so? IF you really look at this objectively than I just don't understand how you don't see the common sense and how you say not enough evidence - it was there before Mosley. Why would you try and cheat him and not Cotto? If he did not feel the wraps before Mosley how would he feel it before Cotto? I looked at this too with taking all the evidence before making an opinion because I got real humble about Cotto after that fight. I did not want to jump on an excuse to be honest, but all the evidence looks that way. It will come out soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X