Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current JMM DESTROYS any version on Hatton!! Agree??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Have you seen Ricky Hatton these days?

He looks like he's in his mid 40's.

His lifestyle is catching up with him, fast.
    Well I've seen what he looks like between a lot of his fights. Its sad but he always came to fight. Since the Mayweather fight went down, he has never been the same and when he was down and out, the worst thing happened, he fired his entire team....

I think he could still do it but I don't think he recovered mentally from his first lost and then when Pac KO'ed him that just sealed the deal. However if he was motivated I think he could still come back and take on a smaller fighter in JMM and make it a fans fight! No way would JMM have the power to KO Hatton (at least I don't think).

Won't happen but if the idea ever came up, I would be all for it at 147. I just hope the media and all of boxing calls Bob out on ducking Mayweather and trying to get another figth with JMM. That can come later. Let JMM fight another WW. Pac can always fight JMM later on and call it a day. I would be game if Hatton came out of retirement to fight JMM at 147...
    Last edited by WESS; 11-19-2011, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zocalo View Post
      Um... Kosta at age 38, after battling 2 plus years of injuries and inactivity isn't really at that impressive, but somehow that is lost in the minds of many. Kosta if younger would have KO'ed him. I mean if you want to put more stock into that win, fine.... but common there isn't really much to brag about.
      I doesnt change the fact that Kostya was still a damn good win at the time, and that Hatton is superior to Juan Diaz and Katsidis at 140lbs.

Comment

I agree.

JMM stops him in the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Zocalo View Post
          Um... Kosta at age 38, after battling 2 plus years of injuries and inactivity isn't really at that impressive, but somehow that is lost in the minds of many. Kosta if younger would have KO'ed him. I mean if you want to put more stock into that win, fine.... but common there isn't really much to brag about.
          Actually, Tszyu was 35, which is sort of moot considering Marquez is 38. Kostya was overrated at the time considering the inactivity, but it was still a very good win for a fairly green (at the elite level) Hatton.

I would favor Marquez, though I think destroy is a bit too strong of a word.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
            No, not destroys. He would win, but likely by decision. Hatton clinches too much for Marquez to get off like he did against Diaz, Katsidis, etc.
            That's my thought as well. Against any upper tier fighter Hatton rushed in with one punch and then hugged. JMM would have won every round, but it wouldn't have been any fun to watch. The ref would have been breaking the Hatton hug 20 times per round.

This is not a fight I would want to see.

Comment

It would be a great fight and Hatton would have the physical advantage for sure.

The Hatton before he fought Mayweather would have given JMM a very tough evening regardless of the end result. Heart says Hatton breaks him down, head says JMM nicks a hard fought decision.

Comment

Hatton would present some problems with his swarming style and freakish strength, but Marquez is the sharper, faster, more accurate puncher and Ricky has zero defense. None at all. Marquez would land four/five/six punch combinations all night and TKO Ricky about 10. I'd think of it as a rougher, uglier version of the Diaz fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                  Im not so sure about that. Just because Marquez gave Pacquiao hell recently doesnt mean hes this unbeatable monster.

Dont forget about how much Marquez struggled against Diaz(1st fight) and Katsidis, and Hatton is substantially stronger, more assertive, and hits harder than both.

Prime Hatton that beat Tyszu I would favor over (current) Marquez.

styles make fights.
                  Look at how prime Marquez "struggled" with Terdsak Jandaeng and Jimrex Jaca in back to back wars. Much like Morales, he fights down to his competition. I don't know if he's doing it for the fans or because he likes a good scrap, but his defense gets a lot harder to penetrate when he's fighting a good fighter.

Comment

I think Manny Duckman is over rated , and that is being transferred to JMM in the wrong way because of his performance against the over rated Duckman , JMM has not done this amazing improvement at 39 yrs old , he is very familiar with Manny and like I said Manny is over rated ..

Put JMM in with Floyd again now and you will see JMM get dominated again , as for Hatton , the one that fought Floyd would probably be too strong for JMM , but you cant underestimate JMM in any fight especially against a brawler , unless its against Floyd who beats the breaks of JMM any day of the week .

Comment

Marquez knocks this guy out with the quickness it would have been one of those fights that would have lots of drama while it lasted but Marquez knocks Hatton out just like Pac and May did.

Comment

Working...
                      X