Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defensive Boxing Is Useless In Real Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with this TS wholeheartedly even more so in the sport of boxing which is entertainment. Defensive style means boring and you're always hoping for opponents who have come-forward styles. You spend your time waiting for the biggest fight that may never come. It finally comes when you get to fight guys like Dela Hoya. You beat him and his fans are added to your PPV attraction and they're the fans who want to see you lose in your next fight. If you're not so lucky you beg and beg and beg till they give it to you. You can't go on your own making tons of money without a superstar.

Funny thing about it is so-called real boxing fans who adore you as a great counterpuncher and all that crap don't even want to pay watching you. They'd rather sit in their computer and stream your fights.

Comment

• I think it's actually the other way around, being defensive works a lot better in street fights than being an idiot brawler with no combat training. Most of the fights are between some morons that throw wild punches and haymakers and forget about controlling the distance.

A defensive boxer would most likely avoid all those ****** wild punches and would have a lot of opportunities to throw counter punches such as straights and left hooks. Hell, without gloves even a jab could knock out your opponent. So of course doing shoulder roll wouldn't work too well, but taking a step backwards and waiting for the other guy to open up (which will happen very quickly) is surely going to give the boxer an incredible advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
        I agree with this TS wholeheartedly even more so in the sport of boxing which is entertainment. Defensive style means boring and you're always hoping for opponents who have come-forward styles. You spend your time waiting for the biggest fight that may never come. It finally comes when you get to fight guys like Dela Hoya. You beat him and his fans are added to your PPV attraction and they're the fans who want to see you lose in your next fight. If you're not so lucky you beg and beg and beg till they give it to you. You can't go on your own making tons of money without a superstar.

Funny thing about it is so-called real boxing fans who adore you as a great counterpuncher and all that crap don't even want to pay watching you. They'd rather sit in their computer and stream your fights.

defensive boxing came in style when African American boxers lost their balls. So their old school racist hacks still cling onto them with their dip/diving ways.

No more KO artists at the highest level. only runners, cheaters and decision riders.

Comment

• Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
          I think it's actually the other way around, being defensive works a lot better in street fights than being an idiot brawler with no combat training. Most of the fights are between some morons that throw wild punches and haymakers and forget about controlling the distance.

A defensive boxer would most likely avoid all those ****** wild punches and would have a lot of opportunities to throw counter punches such as straights and left hooks. Hell, without gloves even a jab could knock out your opponent. So of course doing shoulder roll wouldn't work too well, but taking a step backwards and waiting for the other guy to open up (which will happen very quickly) is surely going to give the boxer an incredible advantage.

wrong. Street fights last at most 2 minutes.

It's all offense or you just didn't get your licks in.

I rush you. you shell up and the fight is over. Idiots think this is boxing.

I'm not wearing 2 pillows. I punch through your guard easily or I aim for your ear with bareknuckles and you're dancing with the stars. WAIT BUT MY FAVORITE BOXER SHELLS UP AND IT WORKS!

YOU ARE NOT WEARING PILLOWS TO COVER YOUR FACE AND I'M NOT WEARING PILLOWS

Comment

• I agree to a certain extent.

I box, have been like 11. Ive grew up in a mostly ****** area. im rican but im still white so i was usually target at times. Ive gotten into countless fights on the street. Boxers have an advantage as i notice later on. Your calm relax you see everything coming basically. 90 percent guys ive fought were reckless, leaping shots running at you when all i had todo was move a step to my left and throw punches square and thats it. The only defense of boxing that works is your iq and moving your head. Ive been in wrestling fights too on the street. Same thing as boxing.. body body. So in a way your right and wrong. I cant stop a knife though, thats some navy seal ****.

Comment

• You can use boxing to an extent in a street fight.

From experience, you just have to know how to keep your balance and still throw punches when you're locked up.

The only time you're actually boxing, if there isn't a sucker punch, is in the beginning of the fight. Normally, someone gets tired and wants to wrestle. If you know how to keep your balance and keep the fight standing, then eventually it will turn into a boxing match, with a lot of holding going on. You'll separate sometimes when there's a stalemate. It would be like a mutual agreement.

You have to be experienced though to know how to throw and land damaging punches in the clinch. If you don't know what you're doing, you will be taken down.

If you are taken down, there better be an alarm in your head to get your ass right back up as soon as you touch the ground. Give yourself a quarter of a second to get back up. If the other person gets up before you, that might be the last thing you remember.
              Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 11-18-2011, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• I'd crush your fat ass

Comment

• Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
                  wrong. Street fights last at most 2 minutes.

It's all offense or you just didn't get your licks in.

I rush you. you shell up and the fight is over. Idiots think this is boxing.

I'm not wearing 2 pillows. I punch through your guard easily or I aim for your ear with bareknuckles and you're dancing with the stars. WAIT BUT MY FAVORITE BOXER SHELLS UP AND IT WORKS!

YOU ARE NOT WEARING PILLOWS TO COVER YOUR FACE AND I'M NOT WEARING PILLOWS
                  Exactly, most fights actually end within the first minute. You don't need to be on the offense to win the fight. When the other guy throws a couple of wild punches and opens up a boxer could easily throw a hard straight and KO the other guy. A boxer can win a fight in less than 1 minute just waiting for an opening from the other guy (which most likely would appear in less than 10 seconds)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
                    go suck a d1ck then.
                    WTF i looked for that "fight" on the cruise. And it showed absolutely nothing.

http://youtu.be/nIbTnrXa7Po

it didnt show ur face nor did it show you dropping someone like you claimed.

WTF, is this a joke? It looked like u were running and making excuses "oo im on the phone" when he said stop filming.

Comment

• All fighting skills are useless in real life. People can easily shoot you from far away.

Comment

Working...
                      X