• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
    lol school???lol most say he lost.this is schooling
    floyd is doing the running scared style schooling

manny does the moving forward schooling

expect the moving forward one gets hit more than the running scared

Comment

TS you make some good points but what about effective high punch output? We've seen fighters do this

Comment

lol which is why I laugh when people think Floyd's going to be like Marg and stand there while Manny throws 1000 punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
          TS you make some good points but what about effective high punch output? We've seen fighters do this
          true i agree but manny doesnt have the skill to adjust,punch and move effectively,he looks great when you are right in front of him,but once you present movement and angles he looks down right sloppy to be honest,roach didnt even have any info to offer him in the jmm fight,its like all they teach is throwing punches...he has good footwork but it isnt effective if you cant utilize it when another fighter shows movement,how can he not know how to use his great footwork to cut off the ring??i dont get it,he has extremely fast feet but all that speed is useless if you cant use it when needed

Comment

Also I think the people that say Manny will "walk through Floyd's punches" will see that its not as simple as that.

Comment

But that theory does not apply to all fighters. There are a few fighters who's punch output does not drop, Pacman isn't one. He gets confused & frusterated by movement & counter punching. But that does not apply to all volume fighters.

Comment

Al Bernstein picked Pacquiao to win a decision simply because of his activity, he didn't even make a complete analysis. There is more to winning than just throwing punches.

If Marquez and Mosley made Manny miss that many times, how the hell does he stand a chance against Floyd? To top it off Floyd is also gonna get in the pocket, smother him, tie him up and work the body.

Comment

Originally posted by UmissUpay View Post
                  floyd is doing the running scared style schooling

manny does the moving forward schooling

expect the moving forward one gets hit more than the running scared
                  You sound like an idiotic hater, hope you realize that. A true boxing fan would appreciate Mayweather's defensive skills.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                    Mayweather will make Pacquiao pay for all his mistake. Marquez is slower and he made Pacquiao paid.
                    Yes this is true. However it took JMM 3 fights to really have Pacquiao fully timed. People are mistaken if they don't think Mayweather is going to have to get comfortable adn adjust to the way Pacquiao attacks and his speed/ strange punches.

Mayweather will begin the fight with zero prior experience of Pac's speed. Marquez had a huge advantage having already fought 24 rounds with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                      Good movement and effective counter punching cuts your output down by ALOT i remember posters saying"how can floyd beat manny when he throws 1000 punches a fight" wont happen because accurate counter punching makes you think twice before you throw and great movement keeps you thinking, To the educated fans this is boxing 101 but alot of posters on here are really new and green to this sport and thats ok if they were willing to listen and learn

@2:50 Says it all really. ^^^

Pacquiao is going to be utterly frustrated. He was frustrated with Mosley and Cotto backpedalling, he looked frustrated with Márquez at times and has difficulty cutting off the ring effectively.

I've always been confident of Mayweather beating Pacquiao, but with Pacquiao's last performance, I could see him becoming more and more frustrated if he doesn't get Mayweather's respect early.
                      Last edited by TintaBoricua; 11-18-2011, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X