No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez ended the Mayweather/Pacquiao debate forever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Manuel Marquez ended the Mayweather/Pacquiao debate forever

I believe that Marquez was robbed. I had him winning 117-111. Before I watched the fight I listed to peoples thoughts on it and almost all of them had Marquez winning handily and said that the commentators were very biased, which convinced me to watch it with no sound for all 12 rounds so that the commentators had no bearing whatsoever on how I scored it. What I saw was that Marquez dominated the fight, he won almost every exchange and hurt Manny several times. Manny never hurt him and it wasn't even close. You saw Manny's face in the ring after the fight, he KNEW that he lost and all of the fans knew it too because they fiercely booed him. In the last 3 years people have been fooled into thinking Pacquiao has really improved as a fighter when in reality his opponents have just gotten worse and worse, and almost everyone bought it and thought he would just blow JMM out of the water. I didn't. People must realise that styles make fights and all of these guys that Pacquiao had been beating since the Marquez rematch have been one dimensional, flat footed, slow, old and coming off losses. It's easy to look spectacular when your opposition is so terrible.

He's had 3 attempts at Marquez, and most people think that he should have lost all 3 times. Now let's compare that with Mayweather. He fought Marquez once and Marquez didn't win a single round, and this was more than two years ago, more than two years closer to Marquez's prime than he is now. That tells you everything you need to know. Pacquiao is not in Mayweather's class. Marquez is closer to Floyd's level than Pacquiao is. Pacquiao only ever looks good when he fights flat footed bums with no defence or movement. I still want to see the fight, but only to see Floyd prove a point and shut up all of these idiots that support Pacquiao. Not because I think it is going to be a great fight or a really interesting fight. It wouldn't be. It would be a one sided beatdown. People laughed when Floyd said it would be easier than the Marquez fight, but I really think it would be. I see Freddie Roach stopping the fight in the corner after a very similar beating to the one that Arturo Gatti suffered. Pacquiao has no defence whatsoever and he lunges in so much that I just see him taking a hell of a lot of clean, hard shots against the most accurate and precise boxer in the sport. He would be landing almost nothing and getting hit with almost everything. I find it incredibly hard to imagine him winning a round against Floyd, nevermind the fight itself.

I don't think the fight will happen because now that Freddie Roach and Bob Arum saw Pacquiao's limitations exposed to the world, I think they will be even more cautious in who they match him up against. People have and will continue to wrongly blame Floyd for the fight not happening if it doesn't happen, but I think that Marquez showed us that Pacquiao isn't anywhere near as good as he is hyped up to be. He's not an all time great and Floyd doesn't need to beat him to prove his status as one of the best ever. He's been proving that since 1998. He's beaten 21 world champions and only one of them (Castillo) was even competitive. The rest got completely dominated. He's been consistently fighting the best and consistently dominating the best. Unlike Pacquiao, who can only dominate people if they are old, weight drained, flat footed and coming off losses. There is no debate anymore when it comes to Mayweather and Pacquiao. Pacquiao is just a media hype job who is doing well because he is on steroids. They are trying to make you believe that he is something that he is not, but the truth always comes to light and Marquez revealed the truth, which is that Pacquiao just isn't that good.

kinda long read
    Last edited by #CaneloKhan; 11-17-2011, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Ain't noone reading all that.

Comment

too long...

pero enserio , Mayweather si se chinga al Pacquiao.
        Lo a estado diciendo desde antes de la pelea con Marquez.... lo unico que iso fue confirmalo

Comment

Originally posted by kimmiblob View Post
          [FONT=tahoma]I believe that Marquez was robbed.
          thats interesting. because i had pac winning pretty big on my card

and the judges had him winning too

Comment

Originally posted by kimmiblob View Post
            I believe that Marquez was robbed. I had him winning 117-111. Before I watched the fight I listed to peoples thoughts on it and almost all of them had Marquez winning handily and said that the commentators were very biased, which convinced me to watch it with no sound for all 12 rounds so that the commentators had no bearing whatsoever on how I scored it. What I saw was that Marquez dominated the fight, he won almost every exchange and hurt Manny several times. Manny never hurt him and it wasn't even close. You saw Manny's face in the ring after the fight, he KNEW that he lost and all of the fans knew it too because they fiercely booed him. In the last 3 years people have been fooled into thinking Pacquiao has really improved as a fighter when in reality his opponents have just gotten worse and worse, and almost everyone bought it and thought he would just blow JMM out of the water. I didn't. People must realise that styles make fights and all of these guys that Pacquiao had been beating since the Marquez rematch have been one dimensional, flat footed, slow, old and coming off losses. It's easy to look spectacular when your opposition is so terrible.

He's had 3 attempts at Marquez, and most people think that he should have lost all 3 times. Now let's compare that with Mayweather. He fought Marquez once and Marquez didn't win a single round, and this was more than two years ago, more than two years closer to Marquez's prime than he is now. That tells you everything you need to know. Pacquiao is not in Mayweather's class. Marquez is closer to Floyd's level than Pacquiao is. Pacquiao only ever looks good when he fights flat footed bums with no defence or movement. I still want to see the fight, but only to see Floyd prove a point and shut up all of these idiots that support Pacquiao. Not because I think it is going to be a great fight or a really interesting fight. It wouldn't be. It would be a one sided beatdown. People laughed when Floyd said it would be easier than the Marquez fight, but I really think it would be. I see Freddie Roach stopping the fight in the corner after a very similar beating to the one that Arturo Gatti suffered. Pacquiao has no defence whatsoever and he lunges in so much that I just see him taking a hell of a lot of clean, hard shots against the most accurate and precise boxer in the sport. He would be landing almost nothing and getting hit with almost everything. I find it incredibly hard to imagine him winning a round against Floyd, nevermind the fight itself.

I don't think the fight will happen because now that Freddie Roach and Bob Arum saw Pacquiao's limitations exposed to the world, I think they will be even more cautious in who they match him up against. People have and will continue to wrongly blame Floyd for the fight not happening if it doesn't happen, but I think that Marquez showed us that Pacquiao isn't anywhere near as good as he is hyped up to be. He's not an all time great and Floyd doesn't need to beat him to prove his status as one of the best ever. He's been proving that since 1998. He's beaten 21 world champions and only one of them (Castillo) was even competitive. The rest got completely dominated. He's been consistently fighting the best and consistently dominating the best. Unlike Pacquiao, who can only dominate people if they are old, weight drained, flat footed and coming off losses. There is no debate anymore when it comes to Mayweather and Pacquiao. Pacquiao is just a media hype job who is doing well because he is on steroids. They are trying to make you believe that he is something that he is not, but the truth always comes to light and Marquez revealed the truth, which is that Pacquiao just isn't that good.

Comment

Quit starting threads, no one is going to read a whole essay when you just made your account now to post your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolando Tavare View Post
                Ain't noone reading all that.
                ^^^^ but imo the debate ain't over until the two actually fight.

Comment

did he? because i thought floyd ended the pacquiao-marquez at welterweight debate for ever
                  Last edited by SplitSecond; 11-17-2011, 09:27 PM.

Comment

He's a midget, must be a *******.

Comment

Working...
                    X