No announcement yet.

NYSAC rejected margarito a licence according to this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
    Bring it to Texas, Cottos first two pro fight where held in Texas.

Nah, Comedian. They should bring it to Zaire..."Rumble in the Jungle II".

MAKE IT HAPPEN ASAP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Isn't it two or three parades in a row usually? It all seems so long ago.

What is the one guys name Lebrello Wade? I think I used to dislike him but I can't even remember why.
      yeah but i'm averaging it out.

since the 80's. they're averaging like 1 out of every 3 years they win and 1 out of every 2 they make the finals or something.

nba players gonna regret not just giving in. they're gonna end up with a worse deal in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
        all 3 proposed sites would give tony the crowd advantage.
        Tony would have the advantage almost everywhere else outside of NY/NJ dur dur dur!!!

Comment

Arum's bank account should be doing it's thing right now. His cell phone should've been very busy also these last day or so. I expect Margarito to be approved.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            yeah but i'm averaging it out.

since the 80's. they're averaging like 1 out of every 3 years they win and 1 out of every 2 they make the finals or something.

nba players gonna regret not just giving in. they're gonna end up with a worse deal in the end.
            Yea they will regret it because they will never get this money back and at best they can hope is to make a deal close to the "final offer" that they thought was terrible.

It sucks to have to give stuff back, I feel the players fighting for what they think is right but there comes a time to grin and bear it, it would have been much less painful to do it here then down the road because the players will get desperate first especially after a few stars go over seas and realize wow we have it really good, along with the lower end guys needing money~

On the plus side at least Lebron will go one more year without a ring~ and the spoiled players who have been catered to all their lives will finally have their egos put in check which should lead to better basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              Yea they will regret it because they will never get this money back and at best they can hope is to make a deal close to the "final offer" that they thought was terrible.

It sucks to have to give stuff back, I feel the players fighting for what they think is right but there comes a time to grin and bear it, it would have been much less painful to do it here then down the road because the players will get desperate first especially after a few stars go over seas and realize wow we have it really good, along with the lower end guys needing money~

On the plus side at least Lebron will go one more year without a ring~ and the spoiled players who have been catered to all their lives will finally have their egos put in check which should lead to better basketball.
              they're gonna end up taking the same deal or even worst.

plus they'll miss paychecks.

doesn't make sense.

take the hit now , later on when economy improves they have better leverage.

but these guys didn't exactly go to mendoza college of business at notre dame......

Comment

Originally posted by tongpo2000 View Post
                This is bull****. I bought plane tickets to New York to watch this fight. Would have been the first boxing event i've ever gone to. They may refund the tickets but wtf do I do about my plane tickets????

Anyone have this happen before? Not sure what to do now.
                If you have insurance on the tix you can retrun them, if not you can change your travel itinerary and pay the difference between the new ticket prices and what your tickets cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  they're gonna end up taking the same deal or even worst.

plus they'll miss paychecks.

doesn't make sense.

take the hit now , later on when economy improves they have better leverage.

but these guys didn't exactly go to mendoza college of business at notre dame......
                  Well they have smart guys in the room, like Kessler but there is a reason the NFL came to a deal after he got booted out of the room. He is like the Bob Arum of sports law great at what he does but next to impossible to deal with if he is on the other side and a hot head.

It is better to make money, right now they are paying lawyers in hope of making money they would have been making anyways, sure some guys will make less but it is more than the zero they are currently making and who knows what future deal they will get, once they get desperate the owners could really rake them over the coals.

Comment

If NY is going to reject Tony for MEDICAL reasons, so will every other commission in the US, including TX. The last thing any of the boxing commissions need is the blame for Tony losing his vision. TX will be the last to grant him a license since that is where his eye was damaged.

With that said, looks like we're headed to TJ fellas... besides, Tony won the first fight so the ball's in his court

Comment

Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
                      With that said, looks like we're headed to TJ fellas... besides, Tony won the first fight so the ball's in his court

Comment

Working...
                      X