Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bute's Promoter Hits Back at Froch: He's Avoiding Lucian!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if Froch will win the fight or not but there's no question that he'd want it. This guy's an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      Takes a lot of nerve for a couple guys who spent their entire careers fighting bums to believe that the man who runs the Super 6 gaunlet should feel obligated to traveling to a country where he stands little chance of getting a fair shake on the cards.
      Kessler was considered the best at 168 and still had to travel to fight Ward. Of course he should be entitled to a home town rematch, especially when you consider Ward hasn't fought anyone away from home.

The Froch rematch should happen in Nottingham though. I'd travel down to see that one.

Don't put Kessler on the same level as Bute. Kess has fought Calzaghe and Ward in their backyards, travelled to Australia to fight Mundine and fought Froch at home. Kessler has made his bones in this division. Bute hasn't.

Comment

Nobody in boxing has bigger balls than Froch. He has beaten Jermain Taylor, Andre Dirrell, Arthur Abraham, Glen Johnson & Kessler in my opinion (although was a close fight).

Froch stopped a much fresher Brian Magee in 2006. I do not understand how Bute is ranked No.1 in some Super Middleweight rankings, who has he beat whic make a statement in the division?

I would fancy Froch to finish the fight agaainst Bute based on watching the Adrade fight or a good decision win in a neutral venue.

Comment

I will admit that I am a fan of Bute and therefore I may be a bit biased. With that said I believe Froch is overrated and I will tell you why. Sure he has fought top ten fighters but how did he look while doing so?

I will give my opinion on each of Froch's major fights.

Froch did not look all that good fighting Johnson and Bute looked much better. But Bute still gets little to no credit for the Johnson fight. Ever since Abraham decided to fight outside of Germany he has been an absolute turd. He also did absolutely nothing in the Froch fight. And it was easy for Froch to look good when his opponent did nothing. I also thought that Kessler beat Froch easily. And that win was coming off the a$$ whopping he took from Ward and also all the horrible management problems he was also having. I also believe Dirrell beat Froch in every way shape and form. That is accept on the score cards in one of the worst decisions that I have seen in the past twenty years. And even though he did knock out Taylor he would have lost by a wide margin if had not knocked him out in the last 12 seconds of the fight. And Taylor is beyond washed up. And as far as Pascal is concerned he either had one great night or Dawson is overrated.

And there you have and if Bute fights Froch I say he wins easy. But it will not matter because come December 17th Ward will take care of business and beat Froch handily.
          Last edited by Ravens Fan; 11-18-2011, 05:49 PM.

Comment

You can nitpick Froch's fights all you want, the fact of the matter is that win or lose his list of opponents blows Bute's resume out of the water.

Nothing is going to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              You can nitpick Froch's fights all you want, the fact of the matter is that win or lose his list of opponents blows Bute's resume out of the water.

Nothing is going to change that.
              I don't believe I was nitpicking I believe I was just telling it like it is. And regardless of who they have fought, I believe Bute to be the better fighter. And if they ever fight I believe with out a doubt that I will be proved right.

Comment

That's fine, you're certainly entitled to your opinion about that.

But this thread was about Froch being accused of "avoiding" Bute. I'm sure you'll agree that idea is completely ridiculous based on the opponents Carl has gotten in the ring with.

Comment

But this thread was about Froch being accused of "avoiding" Bute. I'm sure you'll agree that idea is completely ridiculous based on the opponents Carl has gotten in the ring with.
                  Yet Froch has avoided Bute before. And that is a fact, not just an opinion on some interviews or events. Here is what happened:

Bute was #1 challenger for the IBF, Froch was #2 and Bika #3. IBF ordered an elimonator. Bute accepted, Froch didn't so Bute had to fight Bika. Froch then had to wait another full year to get a title shot.

I like Froch and he did fight alot of good fighters and went abroad a few times. I respect that. But the fact is that he has avoided Bute in the past.

Now a few days before Bute fights Johnson, Froch says he wants to unify with Bute. A few days after Bute-Johnson, Froch says that Bute isn't on his level and that there are other options out there. I don't believe Froch is prepring to avoid Bute, but for Bute's promoter, it's an excellent opportunity to stir some **** in preparation to a possible fight.

Comment

Yes, I will agree and say that I don't believe Froch is ducking Bute. And I also don't think that Bute believes it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Taranazan View Post
                      Yet Froch has avoided Bute before. And that is a fact, not just an opinion on some interviews or events. Here is what happened:

Bute was #1 challenger for the IBF, Froch was #2 and Bika #3. IBF ordered an elimonator. Bute accepted, Froch didn't so Bute had to fight Bika. Froch then had to wait another full year to get a title shot.

I like Froch and he did fight alot of good fighters and went abroad a few times. I respect that. But the fact is that he has avoided Bute in the past.

Now a few days before Bute fights Johnson, Froch says he wants to unify with Bute. A few days after Bute-Johnson, Froch says that Bute isn't on his level and that there are other options out there. I don't believe Froch is prepring to avoid Bute, but for Bute's promoter, it's an excellent opportunity to stir some **** in preparation to a possible fight.
                      Why are you making ***** up?

Comment

Working...
                      X