Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

boxing is brutal. one controversial win and you're a bum. a hypejob.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im going to lvoe what you have to say if Floyd fights Martinez at anything below 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
      so you're sweeping those fights under the rug then?

i thought no one was doing that?
      Not only will I sweep those wins under the rug, I will say that Manny is not as great as you see him. Those are some Rose colored glasses you stare at him with.

Comment

All this fight proves is that people make too much of size advantage and ignore skill. Jmm was still the best guy pac ever faced eventhough his recent opponents were bigger.

Its why hed knock out kirkland yet struggle against jmm.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
          All this fight proves is that people make too much of size advantage and ignore skill. Jmm was still the best guy pac ever faced eventhough his recent opponents were bigger.

Its why hed knock out kirkland yet struggle against jmm.
          quoted for the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by U.ncleSam View Post
            No other sports is like this.
            Absolutely brutal. Mayweather Sr gets owned by Zelenoff and all of a sudden he's a 61 year old man with lung disease. Give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
              Not only will I sweep those wins under the rug, I will say that Manny is not as great as you see him. Those are some Rose colored glasses you stare at him with.
              well, you have no idea how i rank him in terms of greatness but whatever.

he's definitely greater than floyd though, that's for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                But had he beat JMM in the fans eyes, then JMM would be an Old counterpuncher. He was suppose to beat him. The excuses were already made prior to the fight.

Manny is always going to be in a lose-lose situation just like Floyd. They win, then they were suppose to win. They lose then they were never P4P.

Their will always be excuses no matter what for either fighters. If Floyd loses to Martinez, then its cause Floyd cant fight someone good at 154. Hes not a junior Middle weight.
                Oxn here is the real difference between floyd and manny.

If they don't fight floyd would be expected to move up to fight the recognized MW champion, the consensus 3rd best fighter in the world. Manny is expected to fight the 2nd best JMW, who is moving up, and maybe one of the 12-15 best fighters in the world.

Notthing else really to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  Oxn here is the real difference between floyd and manny.

If they don't fight floyd would be expected to move up to fight the recognized MW champion, the consensus 3rd best fighter in the world. Manny is expected to fight the 2nd best JMW, who is moving up, and maybe one of the 12-15 best fighters in the world.

Notthing else really to say.
                  Ok now fight that reconized MW at MW, and you will never hear an excuse from me, i garantee it. Hell even fight him at 154, and you wont hear a peep out of me other than excitement. 153 an lower, im gonna make the biggest Sigh of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                    Ok now fight that reconized MW at MW, and you will never hear an excuse from me, i garantee it. Hell even fight him at 154, and you wont hear a peep out of me other than excitement. 153 an lower, im gonna make the biggest Sigh of my life.
                    If the fight is for the MW title, then its 160 or nothing IMO. If no title on line, then 154 seems right.

No matter how you judge the quality or what credit you give their is a clear difference in quality of acceptable opposition.

Manny has no chance against Martinez at 154-160. Floyd is a 20-1 favorite against Bradley at ww.

If floyd left the "Money" persona alone, a manny fight wouldn't be anything special. People just need a hero to beat the evil villian. But you don't send wonder woman to do Superman's job.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      If the fight is for the MW title, then its 160 or nothing IMO. If no title on line, then 154 seems right.

No matter how you judge the quality or what credit you give their is a clear difference in quality of acceptable opposition.

Manny has no chance against Martinez at 154-160. Floyd is a 20-1 favorite against Bradley at ww.

If floyd left the "Money" persona alone, a manny fight wouldn't be anything special. People just need a hero to beat the evil villian. But you don't send wonder woman to do Superman's job.

i dont care what anyone says. Floyd is a natural WW and Manny is not. Just because hes been effective there doesnt mean he is one. Hes a JWW. So yes for sure Manny cant compete against Sergio at 154 to 160. And Floyd has a good chance.

Just like if Gamboa beat Rios at 135 doesnt make him a lightweight.

Even though im perfectly fine with Floyd fighting Sergio at 154, if you consider Manny fighting Oscar at 147 a catchweight, then this is a catchweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X