Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao/Marquez Post Fight Discussion- Please re-vote in the poll. .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    I'm sorry I didn't see it. Many rounds were close, but Pacquiao was landing harder shots. I watched it twice, what am I missing here? Are people rewarding Marquez for doing better than expected?
    I was rewarding JMM for being the clean effective puncher..I only watch it once but was scoring each rd right here on B.S..In the moment I was shock to see JMM and not Pac put the stamps on rds he won..Pac was aggressive,but was not accurate and was getting punished every time he tried to engage...JMM was very effective and the much more effective puncher,Pac looked kinda finished imo..Look at Pac's face at the end of the fight,he looked sad he knew he did not win that fight bro..It was that clear...

Comment

• Bah..i'm not a great pac man fan..but i don't see a clear win for marquez..just look at the face of the 2 fighters after the fight..

Comment

• Marquez by 5 rounds.

That's generous, too. It wasn't at all close.

Comment

• When you factor in that Floyd is a bigger fighter than JMM, a faster fighter than JMM, can move and defend better than JMM and counter punch just as well (if not better given his handspeed) than JMM, I really think it'd be a 12 round schooling, I wouldn't even rule out a KO if Manny gets frustrated and wreckless.

Comment

• floyds on another level

Comment

• if i were mayweather i would seriously just say **** it with all the tests and fight him asap.

it's so obvious what the outcome will be. Mayweather can handle his speed with no problems and will land at will.

Comment

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                Freddie Roach ****ing said to Manny in the 7th and 8th rounds that they were falling behind, what the **** dude??? Your posts are ridiculous!
                I'll watch it a couple more times I guess. I watched it twice and I didn't see what everyone else is. I thought Marquez did worse than the first two fights, by far.

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
                  robbed my ass.....pacquaio won, suck on that!...
                  I want you to break down the fight and tell me how you feel Manny won this fight.Keep in mind that fights are scored by rounds and graded on 4 points of interest....in fact,why don't you tell us all what those points of interest are when scoring a fight! Don't google it! LMFAO

You must have been even more blind than those judges (Ray Charles, Helen Keller and Stevie Wonder could judge a fight better than them!!!)

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    The HBO commentary crew really did an excellent job tonight of reflecting the spotlight back onto themselves, and exposing their own hypocrisy. For years we've listened to them read from the teleprompter, and go off on unscripted tangents about how horrible decisions are ruining our great sport of boxing, and how judges need to be held accountable for their scorecards.

Remember Santa Cruz/Casamayor? What about Williams/Lara? Or Lewis/Holyfield? Or any number of the other numerous outright robberies, that HBO has publicly cried foul at, over the course of the last 15 years? But where were those voice tonight? Not that I'm saying Marquez won by as wide a margin as Jose Luis Santa Crus should have against Joel Casamayor, or Lennox Lewis should have Evander Holyfield : But the point is the same, ALL poor decisions are bad for the sport - regardless of how wide the margin of "victory" is scored.

Tonight, we saw a 38 year old modern legend of the sport, put on a career-defining performance, only to get jobbed on the judges scorecards, for the SECOND time against the very same opponet. But tonight, Marquez's performance was much more clear-cut than his narrow split-decision "loss" to Manny Pacquiao in their rematch nearly 4 years ago. On my card (and on the cards of A LOT of other boxing fans), Marquez won by at least 2-3 points.

But when the decision was read aloud, and Pacquiao had "won" (by a ridiculous score of 116-112 on one judges' scorecard), where was Jim Lampley's typically emotional response to scoring injustices? Where was Max Kellerman's typical cries of "robbery"? And how the hell does Harold Lederman still even have a job, when his scoring is always so out-of-sync with what most fight fans actually saw?

Nowhere to be found, that's where. Because Manny Pacquiao is the goose that laid the golden egg, or at least he is in the eyes of his corporate giant lovers, HBO, anyway. There's no way in hell they would even acknowledge the obvious loss of "their" guy, especially not when they stand to make enough cash to fill up the MGM Grand, with a potential Mayweather/Pacquiao event.

I was also completely disgusted by their attempt to downplay the blatantly obvious outrage over the announcement of the official decision, by calling the overwhelming amount of fans in the arena who were boo'ing, and pelting press row with beverages, a, and I'm quoting here - "vocal minority".

That's rich.

Bottom line - This decision did nothing but piss off most boxing fans, and HBO really dropped the ball in their attempt to call the fight from anything but a biased manner. Hats off to Juan Manuel Marquez for fighting the fight of his life at the age of 38, I just hope he doesn't decide to hang them up in disgust after this, as he seems to be contemplating.
                    good read..especially the red part..very true.

Comment

• ...Which is why i would favour Floyd to win a fight with Pac.

How Pacman fans can argue against all these former and current pro boxers answers and opinions is laughable.

Comment

Working...
                      X