Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach: Marquez' Age and Added muscle is good for us.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for admtting it Roach. I love how they don't even try to hide the fact that they like having the advantage.

Comment

i want a real fight. not some mayweather hype spectacle that fails to deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
        You cant call it a cherry pick if it turns out to be an apple, and I think for the most part in a business sense yes its a cherry pick, but every now and then you do pick a bad piece of fruit, and I believe thats the case here tune in Saturday you all in for a shocker Pacquiao is getting stopped on Saturday.
        LOL you can't be serious with that one. You've lost all credibility as a boxing fan with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
          LOL you can't be serious with that one. You've lost all credibility as a boxing fan with that one.
          I dont come here to gain credit, who the **** are you to me? why do I need credibility from people on the ****ing internet? you all dont walk my path, you dont pay my bills I do.

I believe its always going to come down to styles between these two, and I recall the first fight when I was at Wildcard I just assumed Manny would destroy Marquez, considering what he did to Barrera, Pepper Roach my trainer at the time said "Are you crazy? Marquez is tough this is going to be a good fight he be lucky to win by knock out"
          From that point on I took it and waited it out, and after fight one he was right, 12 more rounds after fight 2 he was still right, I am not sleeping on Marquez and I believe the timing is right for him.
          But again I dont need credit from you so stop acting like its a big deal to me what you think of me I really dont care

Comment

That post was so moronic, I think Im going to sig it! It'll be great to use after Saturday!

Comment

That post was so moronic, I think Im going to sig it! It'll be great to use after Saturday!
              And just what effect are you expecting its going to have on me? please if you do decide to sig it, keep it when Marquez wins

Comment

Johnwoo8686

Here is where I am comming from in this fight, and why I see this as a dangerous fight for Manny and I have leaned towards a Marquez win by stoppage.

Manny has been fighting bigger guys lately he is not and has not had to deal with someone who is hitting him back if you look at his last three fights.
                we had Margarito who was hitting him back but was slow and wide and had **** footwork Manny could time that all day and he did.

We had Mosley who didnt do **** didnt throw anything back at manny and you had Clottey who basically did the same thing stood there and took it. These are bigger guys in which their speed is not the same as a little guy.
                Marquez who has already given Manny 24 rounds of hell does appear to be in the best shape I have ever seen him. in addition he isnt going to not hit Manny back he isnt going to just stand there and take a beating or run or just cover up.

And thats where I think the surprise takes place, Manny has likely gotten used to it being that way, and hasnt fought anybody with that kind of speed since Cotto and even then his two fights prior to Cotto he wasnt offered nothing back.

Marquez will offer it back to him, and Manny has it in his mind he is leaving no doubt, believe that Marquez is bringing that same mentality, but he will use intelligence in there to get it done while Manny may just try to gun for that knock out, and that will leave manny to make mistakes, if he took notes from Mosley stepping around to the left, Manny couldnt really get off as he usually does and if he makes him miss there he will make him pay.

its very possible to be rusty even when your active especially when nobody has been fighting you back in recent fights and thats the case here. you all say Marquez is shot, while I will only admit that Marquez is past his best, but you dont need to be at your best to win a fight, you just need the right game plan, tremendous conditioning and the will to win....

I just do not believe this is an easy fight for Manny, and I think Marquez will pull it out, I say by stoppage, maybe a bit crazy there while I admit, but if Manny over commits and thats a real possibility he can get hurt and he has been hurt by Marquez in the past two fights. which is why I do see a stoppage here.

Comment

Freddie Roach owned those *******s

Comment

Umm Okay John he didnt knock out Manny but he sure as **** didnt lose neither

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
                      Umm Okay John he didnt knock out Manny but he sure as **** didnt lose neither
                      LOL he didn't knock Manny out and he lost. But the fight was much closer than I expected and almost everybody else expected.

Comment

Working...
                      X