Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GBP's Eric Gomez CONFIRMS: "Morales is UNDER NEGOTIATIONS for a fight with Floyd"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
    it doesn't work like that if you're trying to fight somebody of equal stature. between floyd and pac, that kind of arrangement doesn't work with all the bloated egos involved. both camps knew it doesn't work like that as they've already gone that road before so it's a surprise they want to go that route again.
    Arum disclosed that Nov. 13 is the date when Pacquiao will fight again.
    "I have reserved the date and both the Dallas Cowboys Stadium and MGM Grand in Las Vegas are available," Arum said. "The cable systems and the satellite providers have put the date aside for us, so the table is set. Manny can get sworn in at the end of June, then attend the sessions of congress in July and -- as long as he keeps in shape -- then he has plenty of time to train for the fight."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1d3Klzptu

Comment

• Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
      This article is Oct 28.After this article came out Floyd said or insinuated he`s trying to do the Pacquiao fight next.And plus this article is poorly translated.Google does not translate articles well.
      The translation was pretty much on point with the article.

Comment

• Originally posted by chav View Post
        And you sound like a **** gobbler who slobbers down Floyds **** at every given chance.
        I'm a fan, but following based on blind ignorance because his name is Floyd Mayweather is just ******. Respect deserves respect and acting like a b1tch deserves being treated like one and if Floyd fights Eric, then he is a b1tch because thats a b1tch move.
        And you place a lot of hate on the word IF , this is Matt Hatton and Spadafora all over again and haters made massive threads about those as well with all sorts of fabricated proof , Morales is not up to the profile needed to get a fight with Floyd today , he is not up to this level and it would be very hard sell , and thats not even including that Floyd would take Morales apart and they could not hype up Eric to have a chance , that is common sense if you follow boxing .
        Last edited by Reloaded; 11-07-2011, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Why is anybody so surprised? FLoyd wanted to fight Spadafora, he has always been a cherry picker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            And you place a lot of hate on the word IF , this is Matt Hatton and Spadafora all over again and haters made massive threads about those as well with all sorts of fabricated proof , Morales is not up to the profile needed to get a fight with Floyd today he is not up to this level and it would be very hard sell , and thats not even including that Floyd would take Morales apart and they could not hype up Eric to have a chance , that is common sense if you follow boxing .
            Meh....Floyd can sell a fight by himself...He's that big of a draw. He can fight anyone and it will sell.

Mexicans still have a lot of love, admiration, and respect for El Terrible...So they will buy it especially on what is perceived to a Mexican holiday.

Now I don't think they will fight at all, I don't think Floyd is interested, I don't even think Floyd is negotiating anything...I think this is more coming from Golden Boy than Mayweather own personal team. However, I can see it doing respectable numbers if it happens. But, it won't.
            Last edited by jrosales13; 11-07-2011, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• i think its best to withhold any comments/condemnations regarding this until we hear from floyd HIMSELF if he's negotiating to fight with Morales.

i seriously doubt floyd is even considering this fight anyway. after all, isn't Morales Manny's leftovers twice over?

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                Meh....Floyd can sell a fight by himself...He's that big of a draw. He can fight anyone and it will sell.

Mexicans still have a lot of love, admiration, and respect for El Terrible...So they will buy it especially on a Mexican holiday.

No I don't think they will fight at all, I don't think Floyd is interested, I don't even thing Floyd is negotiating anything...I think this is more coming from Golden Boy than Mayweather own personal team. How I can see it doing respectable numbers if it happens. But, it won't.
                Yes I agree with most of your post , I think a lot of fighters get screened by people in the background of the big name fighters , kinda of like an elimination of possibles , and because its Floyd if the slightest whiff of anybody associated to him asking somebody would they be interested in a fight if it materialized , then in places like here all off a sudden its fact and the fight is in full negotiation , I feel Floyd has a very limited number of opponents that are worthy in the public eye of a fight with him , but I suppose if a guy can win the right fight at the right time and captures the publics imagination then they could get the fight , like Ortiz did , won a big fight was currant WW Champ and it was assumed was bigger stronger and hits much harder than Floyd .

Comment

• Originally posted by chav View Post
                  And you sound like a **** gobbler who slobbers down Floyds **** at every given chance.
                  I'm a fan, but following based on blind ignorance because his name is Floyd Mayweather is just ******. Respect deserves respect and acting like a b1tch deserves being treated like one and if Floyd fights Eric, then he is a b1tch because thats a b1tch move.
                  You're not a fan, you're a clown and if anyone is a b*tch here it's you. Look at yourself son, you're throwing a hissy fit over some rumor like a little girl. That's what b*tch's do. You're on the internet calling a professional fighter a b*tch based on a rumor that you don't like. That's what a b*tch does. You wouldn't have the nerve to call Mayweather or any other professional fighter a b*tch to their face, so why run around here with your chest poked out as if you can handle the weight of doing that? You're a true to life b*tch, that's why.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnickuh View Post
                    You're not a fan, you're a clown and if anyone is a b*tch here it's you. Look at yourself son, you're throwing a hissy fit over some rumor like a little girl. That's what b*tch's do. You're on the internet calling a professional fighter a b*tch based on a rumor that you don't like. That's what a b*tch does. You wouldn't have the nerve to call Mayweather or any other professional fighter a b*tch to their face, so why run around here with your chest poked out as if you can handle the weight of doing that? You're a true to life b*tch, that's why.
                    Why do you call this a rumor? When F'ing Golden Boy has said that they went to Morales with a Floyd Jr offer...

Obviously is not a rumor.

Now is there negotiations, or a fight a happening between the two? No, not necessarily...But, is this a rumor? No.

Comment

• this is a dumb move by mayweather if this becomes official. the respect i have for him for taking on live opponents in mosley and ortiz will diminish if he fights this fat, old washed up paper chump who got beat down by maidana and outboxed by a green 21 year old. erik morales is irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                      X