Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lol @ "Angulo Punched Himself Out". He's A Pressure Fighter!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Angulo punched himself out or not it doesnt matter thats his problem. Bottom line Kirkland beat his ass and Angulo showed great heart. I wouldnt mind a rematch but there are othet fights out there for Kirkland now.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
      Flash knockdown??? Come on give me a break.
      Dude, it was a flash knockdown.

What do you call when Fighter A is kicking Fighter B's ass, then BAM, out of nowhere Fighter A goes down? Yep, you guessed it, a flash knockdown.

I can see if Kirkland was knocked down after Angulo was kicking Kirkland's ass but this wasn't the case at all. Kirkland didn't really get hurt until Angulo landed a good body shot halfway through the onslaught in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        Dude, it was a flash knockdown.

What do you call when Fighter A is kicking Fighter B's ass, then BAM, out of nowhere Fighter A goes down? Yep, you guessed it, a flash knockdown.

I can see if Kirkland was knocked down after Angulo was kicking Kirkland's ass but this wasn't the case at all. Kirkland didn't really get hurt until Angulo landed a good body shot halfway through the onslaught in the first round.
        Kicking his ass?? It was 30 seconds into the fight and Kirkland clearly was hurt. Thats not a flash knockdown. It doesnt matter anyway Kirkland destroyed him after he recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
          If your argument was about the second round, you'd have a point. But instead what I see is the THIRD round.. which means he had a total of 5 minutes in between that (you'll know why it's 5 minutes if you know boxing) and the first to muster some type of offense, and even then, it was still arm punches.

Try again.
          Wait a minute, based off memory, wasn't the 2nd round just as bad for Angulo just minus the knockdown?

If anything, that adds to my claim. Kirkland whooped Angulo's ass for 1 and a half rounds only for Angulo to come back and throw flurries in the 3rd. That's some punched out fighter.

To answer your question, yes I do know how significant 5 minutes is in a fight. I've been in plenty myself. 2 minutes is long if you ask me.

Comment

james would have won anyway he had a better game plan and had sharper harder punches. He was giving it to angulo before he got caught with the counter right when he suppose to get out of there. even roy pointed it out.

Comment

Wait a minute, based off memory, wasn't the 2nd round just as bad for Angulo just minus the knockdown?

If anything, that adds to my claim. Kirkland whooped Angulo's ass for 1 and a half rounds only for Angulo to come back and throw flurries in the 3rd. That's some punched out fighter.

To answer your question, yes I do know how significant 5 minutes is in a fight. I've been in plenty myself. 2 minutes is long if you ask me.
              No, the second round saw angulo land 5 punches total, and throw hardly ANY. Your claim is that in the THIRD round (5 minutes after blowing his load) he was THROWING PUNCHES.

Fine, then why wasn't he throwing them in the second? And even in the third, after finding a short second wind, they were still only arm punches.

Actually, I'm confused right now? Are you AGREEING he was punched out? Or Being sarcastic?

Because we have no argument if you are agreeing, but if you aren't, then my counter claim would be that - He had 1 minute inbetween the first and second, 3 minutes of the second, and 1 minute inbetween the second and third. He had 5 minutes of DEFENSE, pretty much, since his second round was awful, and when he finally gathered any type of strength for an offense.. it was arm punches again.

Looked like muscle fatigue to me, his cardio was fine after the second.
              Last edited by intoccabile; 11-06-2011, 11:30 AM.

Comment

No, the second round saw angulo land 5 punches total, and throw hardly ANY. Your claim is that in the THIRD round (5 minutes after blowing his load) he was THROWING PUNCHES.

Fine, then why wasn't he throwing them in the second? And even in the third, after finding a short second wind, they were still only arm punches.
                He landed 5 punches total because he was still HURT from that huge left uppercut that started the Kirkland slaughter in the 1st round.

Given the FACT that he barely made it out of the 1st, he was still hurt in the 2nd and took his beating like a man in that round as well.

My theory is it was Angulo's stamina that helped him make it to the 6th round. People don't realize, but you get your chin from your conditioning. That's why so many pressure fighters have great chins, because of their conditioning.

So to answer your question, Angulo was still throwing pretty good punches in the 3rd because of his ability to recover from being hurt in the 1st.

If you've ever boxed/fought before then you would know that fighters are able to take punishment on their chin from conditioning not being lucky.

Comment

He landed 5 punches total because he was still HURT from that huge left uppercut that started the Kirkland slaughter in the 1st round.

Given the FACT that he barely made it out of the 1st, he was still hurt in the 2nd and took his beating like a man in that round as well.

My theory is it was Angulo's stamina that helped him make it to the 6th round. People don't realize, but you get your chin from your conditioning. That's why so many pressure fighters have great chins, because of their conditioning.

So to answer your question, Angulo was still throwing pretty good punches in the 3rd because of his ability to recover from being hurt in the 1st.

If you've ever boxed/fought before then you would know that fighters are able to take punishment on their chin from conditioning not being lucky.
                  My post was editted, reread it for the rest.

and I box currently, my info is in the profile.

Comment

He punched himself out after he hurt Kirkland. Thats common knowledge I thought.

Comment

Actually, I'm confused right now? Are you AGREEING he was punched out? Or Being sarcastic?

Because we have no argument if you are agreeing, but if you aren't, then my counter claim would be that - He had 1 minute inbetween the first and second, 3 minutes of the second, and 1 minute inbetween the second and third. He had 5 minutes of DEFENSE, pretty much, since his second round was awful, and when he finally gathered any type of strength for an offense.. it was arm punches again.

Looked like muscle fatigue to me, his cardio was fine after the second.
                      You're confusing yourself. I'll break it down for you one more time.

Kirkland's punches are what slowed Angulo down in the first, not Angulo being puched out. Angulo then went on to throw combo's in the 3 round as seen in the video I posted. Angulo didn't look like a man punched out in the 3rd round.

You claim the only reason Angulo was able to throw combo's in the 3rd round was because he had 5 minutes to break as if Kirkland wasn't on his ass in the 2nd round.

Fact of the matter is, if Angulo wasn't in good shape/condition, he would've never made it out of the 2nd round because Angulo was done in the 1st.

Comment

Working...
                      X