Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lol @ "Angulo Punched Himself Out". He's A Pressure Fighter!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    So what's the difference. Do say it, explain it.

Now Angulo's not a pressure fighter, but volume puncher. Either way he's well conditioned Gaypalm.

This place is off the chain.
    A pressure fighter is someone who comes forward and gets close to the opponent usually to land strong hooks and uppercuts to the head/body such as Tyson and Tua.

A volume puncher is someone who rely's on punch output to win fights and is usually employed by fighters who have good handspeed but average power such as Calzaghe, Malignaggi etc.

Also, it doesnt matter how conditioned a fighter is. If a fighter constantly throws flurries of punches for almost an entire round they will eventually gas.

Comment

Originally posted by ClitschKO_cuzn View Post
      For the fans or do you rather see the rematch of a boring fight? If this is guaranteed action give me the rematch.
      it was action packed but there was only one person in control of that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
        You're a moron. You really are.

It was both Angulo overexerting himself and Kirkland's countering body attack. End of story.
        First off chicken, you never mentioned anything about Kirkland punches contributing to Angulo's shaky legs and lack of power. If you want to get technical, it was the uppercut that turned the tables, not the body punching.

But you came in this thread talking about "he gassed" and left it at that.

The only moron here is your punk ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
          A pressure fighter is someone who comes forward and gets close to the opponent usually to land strong hooks and uppercuts to the head/body.

A volume puncher is someone who rely's on punch output to win fights and is usually employed by fighters who have good handspeed but average power such as Calzaghe, Malignaggi etc.

Also, it doesnt matter how conditioned a fighter is. If a fighter constantly throws flurries of punches for almost an entire round they will eventually gas.
          agreed with your explanation of the difference. . . usually the two styles tend to coincide, though. . . but there is a distinction. . .

but neither of the two ever throws 50-60 power punches WITH EVERY THING ON THEM in under 2 minutes! And then right when he was spent from that, he gets tagged with vicious body shots. . . He was 110% starched after that.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            Angulo is a pressure fighter. This means he throws lots of punches in his fights.

How the heck can a so called pressure fighter punch himself out??

Kirkland's uppercuts and left hooks are what slowed Angulo down and backed him up, not Angulo's stamina. Angulo was going in for the kill, not realizing that he only landed a flash knockdown. Kirkland landed huge shots while his back was against the ropes in the 1st round. That's what hurt and backed Angulo up, not Angulo punching himself out.

Not to even mention the fact that Kirkland was whooping Angulo's ass before the flash knockdown.

LMAO @ Angulo punched himself out.
            He's a pressure fighter who fights at a steady but slow pace, he's not used to throwing punches in rapid successions for long periods of time. There's a difference between volume and pace. Pacquiao has high volume and fast pace, Angulo, Margarito and Williams have high volume but slow pace. And your username is boxinggenius LMAO.

Comment

TS does have a valid point.. . which is why I give Kirkland all the props in the world for being able to weather the storm, and STRIKE back at the perfect time with viciousness!

I think the difference is angulo would have recovered after the first round had kirkland not fought back like that. . . yes, he was punched out, but he would have recovered if not for kirkland

Comment

A pressure fighter is someone who comes forward and gets close to the opponent usually to land strong hooks and uppercuts to the head/body such as Tyson and Tua.

Man STFU with this POS post saying the same thing Gaypalm.

If that's the case, Angulo is a pressure fighter like I said to begin with.

Secondly, a fighter will be tired at the end of the round, but that's why they have recovery and 2nd winds Gaypalm.
                Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 11-07-2011, 03:17 PM.

Comment

There is a difference between a pressure fighter and a volume puncher you fucking imbecile.

Please do everyone a favour and kill yourself.
                  exactly.

Originally posted by tim horton View Post
                  it was action packed but there was only one person in control of that fight.
                  Either way the fans got a great fight I rather see this than a 2 round ppv bs fight like hopkins vs dawson again. Atleast these guys get of the canvas. Because I am sure you saw both of them get up from the canvas.

Comment

Angulo punched himself out, but I Kirkland would have won regardless. He definately wanted it more.

Comment

• so he punched himself out. yea thats proly true. but kirkland had more to do with it than anything else. pl say kirkland doesnt have any defense he doesnt have a chin, but he definitely survived that barrage of punches. in fact i said it before and ill say it again, the only thing angulo did in that fight was get that knockdown. other than that, from the opening bell, it was all kirkland.

ppl just wanna give angulo excuses. he lost. its on him. kirkland was the better fighter. nothings gonna change that. rematch or no, i dont think angulo can beat kirkland. kirkland made him do something no1 else has ever done, back up.

Comment

Working...
                      X