No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dog Catcher: James Kirkland Tames El Perro in Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
    There is word going around that Kirkland loaded his gloves so I don't know..
    Word from who?? Don't talk like an insider if you don't have an definitive proof. That shyt is lame.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      you keep saying this so until you post a link or offer some sort of proof STFU. seriously man that's ****s not cool at all
      Who is he? He should be banned for his nonsense.

Comment

Angulo's Mistakes

First off, I do see a rematch happening down the road. Second Angulo made the huge mistake of making too much of Kirkland's ko loss to Ishido. He let it all out in the first rd and never seemed to recover his energy. He thought he was going to have an easy 1st rd ko because if Ishido could ko Kirkland then he could do it much easier. Angulo did not go to Kirkland's body as he normally would. He threw a few here and there but he did not keep a sustained body attack. He went head hunting for an early ko and he wasted all his energy in the first rd and he never got his second wind. Although Kirkland had a lot to do with it. Also, Angulo did not know just how hard Kirkland can punch and he threw away all caution in hopes of an early knockout and he paid the price for it.

Like I said i think a rematch will be done, a rematch will be done before Alvarez gives Kirkland a shot. Frankly, in my opinion Alvarez is not ready for such a match he still needs at least 3 more fights before he fights someone like Kirkland. They should not move him too fast, fighters who are moved to fast end up with a short career. Example, Vargas moved to quickly and his career was over by age 30. Terry Norris, moved to quickly, he was fighting fighters like Julian Jackson, Mugabi when he was 22 or 23 yrs old and his career was over by age 30.

I do think Angulo would stand a chance in a rematch. he showed he can hurt Kirkland, all he needs to do is reserve his energy, go to the body consistently and use his jab to control Kirkland a bit better, and use jab to get inside. I can see him winning a rematch, but I would not favor it.
        Last edited by jbp23; 11-06-2011, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Regardless that Angullo was out of shape, noo one fades that quickly and punches himself out by mid 2nd rnd, I guess we know who canelo WON'T be fighting next...good win James...

Comment

I gave Kirkland no real chance...but damn he got his game together and it was an epic war. Can't wait to see both back in a ring.
            "CANELO!We comin' for you sucka!"

Comment

I think Ishida is much much better than Cintron.....Ishida should be given another crack at HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                There is word going around that Kirkland loaded his gloves so I don't know..

The ****** ******* is trying to put suspicions on other boxers cause he cant stop crying about the fact that his god Poochiao is a fraud , Poochiao and his *******s are dirty

Last edited by SyrianUser; 11-06-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Still not buying kirkland but he def has enough to expose the ginger kid. Lets see how good he looks against cintron and hopefully he mans up and fight kirkland next.

Comment

Originally posted by jbp23 View Post
                    Frankly, in my opinion Alvarez is not ready for such a match he still needs at least 3 more fights before he fights someone like Kirkland. They should not move him too fast, fighters who are moved to fast end up with a short career.
                    Alvarez has a world championship. If he isn't prepared to defend it against the best (like James Kirkland) then he needs to vacate the belt and stop pretending to be something he's not.

Comment

Alvarez doesn't look like much to me. I doubt he'd dare to step in the ring with Kirkland. Kirkland looked like the much bigger guy and it looked like he had more stamina. Funny he got caught with a straight right hand. But Angulo should have went to the body with all his might while Kirkland was hurt. Instead of punching himself out. Im not quite sold on Alvarez nor Kirkland, but Kirkland's got some heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X