Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The [Margarito] insert was about the size of a business card. And about as stiff."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    So Cotto got beat fair and square by Margarito. And Mosley beat the Margarito coming off that Cotto win. All dark clouds over the Mosley vs Margarito vs Cotto fights is now cleared. Well almost all, I still don't get how Mosley vs Cotto was not a Draw. But Margarito is a clean fighter if this is true. Let's move on.
    Them moving on is like telling a chronic addict not to do drugs or a very lazy mofo who lives off the government to get a job. It's just not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      i always believed this was a farce perpetrated by golden boy against top rank. yes he had something in his wraps but it wasn't plaster and deserved no more than a slap on the wrist since you can't really hurt someone with cardboard.
      I have no idea how many people even making comments in this thread actually followed the entire story from front to back.
      But I will say this at first I was furious with the idea that Tony would do that, and was glad to see Mosley starch him as a result.
      However the evidence and lab findings was good enough for me, I mean when the DA stated in the early going that they would seek a criminal case should the findings in the lab confirm it was plaster paris, the lab couldnt nail it down to plaster.
      What they did find in the lab were trace elements, and you need alot more than just trace elements to make a brick or a cast. you notice the pad is pre used, Margaritos trainer said he had used pre used pads, so my guess is they were firm and stiff because it was gauze that had dried out sweat in them much the way a kitchen sponge dries out after you use it.

The rules call for clean fresh gauze so he did violate the rules, the dye thats found on the confiscated wrap is Dye from the inside of the gloves, if you look at most fighters after a fight you will every now and then notice that they do have a red spot from the glove on their knuckle area.

The cotto fight so many people point back to, when in reality Nevada supplies all the gauze and tape and they did clear him of any wrong doing in that fight, but its funny how people argue the state of Miguels swelling for Margarito and claim Tony loaded his gloves when Manny made Miguel look much worse than that.

lets be real Margarito has been hated on by the Floyalist, The Cotto fans hate on him because he took Miguels 0 and made him quit he isnt going to get any fair treatment from nobody in the boxing world simply because he was never one of the "Popular mainstream" fighters such as Cotto or Mayweather and I bet if it were either one of those guys in this situation they would be saying the same **** we are.

Some people like to say well Mosley beat him and thats proof, how so? when you go through something like that in the dressing room before the fight its going to have a mental effect on you going in, But also if you did follow this the following friday on ESPNs FNFs it was reported that Margarito came into camp at 180 with six weeks to train for that fight....

i dont expect anybody to agree with what I am saying, but this is and has been all reported, he killed himself to make the weight for that fight, plaster or no plaster he was not going to win that night

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
        I have no idea how many people even making comments in this thread actually followed the entire story from front to back.
        But I will say this at first I was furious with the idea that Tony would do that, and was glad to see Mosley starch him as a result.
        However the evidence and lab findings was good enough for me, I mean when the DA stated in the early going that they would seek a criminal case should the findings in the lab confirm it was plaster paris, the lab couldnt nail it down to plaster.
        What they did find in the lab were trace elements, and you need alot more than just trace elements to make a brick or a cast. you notice the pad is pre used, Margaritos trainer said he had used pre used pads, so my guess is they were firm and stiff because it was gauze that had dried out sweat in them much the way a kitchen sponge dries out after you use it.

The rules call for clean fresh gauze so he did violate the rules, the dye thats found on the confiscated wrap is Dye from the inside of the gloves, if you look at most fighters after a fight you will every now and then notice that they do have a red spot from the glove on their knuckle area.

The cotto fight so many people point back to, when in reality Nevada supplies all the gauze and tape and they did clear him of any wrong doing in that fight, but its funny how people argue the state of Miguels swelling for Margarito and claim Tony loaded his gloves when Manny made Miguel look much worse than that.

lets be real Margarito has been hated on by the Floyalist, The Cotto fans hate on him because he took Miguels 0 and made him quit he isnt going to get any fair treatment from nobody in the boxing world simply because he was never one of the "Popular mainstream" fighters such as Cotto or Mayweather and I bet if it were either one of those guys in this situation they would be saying the same **** we are.

Some people like to say well Mosley beat him and thats proof, how so? when you go through something like that in the dressing room before the fight its going to have a mental effect on you going in, But also if you did follow this the following friday on ESPNs FNFs it was reported that Margarito came into camp at 180 with six weeks to train for that fight....

i dont expect anybody to agree with what I am saying, but this is and has been all reported, he killed himself to make the weight for that fight, plaster or no plaster he was not going to win that night

Bro I've been saying the same thing, especially for the bold part. They go back to their pathetic weak attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          Bro I've been saying the same thing, especially for the bold part. They go back to their pathetic weak attacks.
          its because its a hate thing, Margarito publicly punked Mayweather and thats whats going to happen in regards to the Floyalist.

if Cotto should win they will then argue that as proof that Tony used plaster in that fight its ridiculous. but again some sit here and argue and trash talk the man and havent even followed the damn case themselves.

most dont even understand what plaster paris is, and what you need to do to mix that and make it rock like. they just repeat what they read, and its bull****.

you can google it, in fact they use that **** to track Sasquatch well for the footprints, and you have to let that **** dry you cant just mix it up in the dressing room put it in the wraps and expect it to dry that quickly, 1st you have to sneak it in the wraps while the commission is there, then you have to allow it time to dry they are saying there were trace elements found which is true but trace elements of calcium, not trace elements of plaster paris.

now how is it going to dry when your gloved up and ready to go? your hands are constantly sweating while in the gloves so how does it even get a chance to dry and set?

Comment

LMAOOOOO look at all these ******* in here pulling shades over their eyes. Dude, his trainer was banned for life. DA was never involved, get proof, period, Posted a few weeks back huh? Dejame verlo payaso. So here we go, I just beat Cotto fair and square then I go cheat with something that got my trainer banned for life, not old gauze because that is impossible, to fight the guy who lost to the guy I just destroyed fair and square. Then, I fight and have no pop in my punches. Here, my supporters say I lost to Mosley bc of the mental disadvantage of being caught with old gauze and Cotto supporters, and those people of honest objectivity, bring up the point that having a plaster of paris "like" substance, not exactly plaster of paris, gave me a mental advantage. So who is right? Let's find out on Dec. 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
              LMAOOOOO look at all these ******* in here pulling shades over their eyes. Dude, his trainer was banned for life. DA was never involved, get proof, period, Posted a few weeks back huh? Dejame verlo payaso. So here we go, I just beat Cotto fair and square then I go cheat with something that got my trainer banned for life, not old gauze because that is impossible, to fight the guy who lost to the guy I just destroyed fair and square. Then, I fight and have no pop in my punches. Here, my supporters say I lost to Mosley bc of the mental disadvantage of being caught with old gauze and Cotto supporters, and those people of honest objectivity, bring up the point that having a plaster of paris "like" substance, not exactly plaster of paris, gave me a mental advantage. So who is right? Let's find out on Dec. 3rd.
              omg the boxing commision banned him for life they must be right! boxing commisions are the most corrupt organizations around. you shouldn't believe them just because they say something. their evidence was a cardboard like insert with sulfur residue on it? where were the actual brick like handwraps? they should have those right but i never saw them. they trumped up a trivial thing and made it into something it was not.

i wouldn't be surprised if golden boy setup this whole farce. they've made it clear they want to take over boxing and look how they tried to destroy the reputation of top ranks biggest fighters margarito/pac. they probably thought mosley would lose to margarito and wanted him out of the picture so they started screaming plaster and hbo being their mouthpiece shouted plaster along with them.

Comment

They banned his trainer, why not Margarito who can apply for his license here and who has been given a license in NY and Texas. Do us a favor, stop being a Bitterican

Dec 3rd has nothing to do with the beat down Cotto got in fight 1, it has nothing to do with the fact that he quit

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
                  They banned his trainer, why not Margarito who can apply for his license here and who has been given a license in NY and Texas. Do us a favor, stop being a Bitterican

Dec 3rd has nothing to do with the beat down Cotto got in fight 1, it has nothing to do with the fact that he quit
                  They forget that the so called "banned" trainer helped train Segura into making Calderon quit twice.

Comment

Being that the fight was nearly three years ago this is what I could find at the moment I live in Los angeles this **** was on the news like crazy while you live in the bronx and probably didnt even follow the case....

all the other **** is either removed or buried but here is a quote and a link The California department of Justice was involved whats that tell you?

"Outside of appeals and possible criminal charges from the embarrassed CSAC"
                    http://www.badlefthook.com/event/WJFkMqB8

Comment

if you can read PrKing718
                      here is a PDF link
                      http://www.dca.ca.gov/csac/about_us/...10_minutes.pdf

Comment

Working...
                      X