Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tarver-Lebedev Next in England?; Toney Claims Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd pick Lebedev over Tarver. Let's get it on!

Comment

Originally posted by Hayehammer View Post
      Its a huge step up in competition from roy jones and james toney to antonio tarver! trust me tarver is still on his game!
      i dont think he is my friend, im sick of hopkins, jones, tarver and toney hangin on... it just sucks that these guys were foolish with their money and hanging on for paychecks.

my top 10 guys i wanna see retired or stay retired.

1. RJJ
      2. Evander
      3. Toney
      4. Mosley
      5. Taylor
      6. Oscar
      7. Zab
      8. Tarver
      9. Winky
      10. Calderon

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
        i dont think he is my friend, im sick of hopkins, jones, tarver and toney hangin on... it just sucks that these guys were foolish with their money and hanging on for paychecks.

my top 10 guys i wanna see retired or stay retired.

1. RJJ
        2. Evander
        3. Toney
        4. Mosley
        5. Taylor
        6. Oscar
        7. Zab
        8. Tarver
        9. Winky
        10. Calderon

You're not saying Hopkins was foolish with his money right? Hopkins probably still has the first dollar he made boxing. He'll probably die wealthier than when he retires.

Comment

Im guessing Toney is gonna use this injury to justify the loss/performance and then make a comeback. The reason he got injured was because he was falling way short with his punches which were terribly timed and delivered. He was stumbling all over the place. It was sad to see.

LOL@ "Ahmm hello Denis. Have a nice day". Gotta love Toney.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
            So, stuff like that is going to happen during a fight. I've seen several photos of Toney eating punches and looking like his heads snapping back. You don't think thats any punishment to that?

One thing you can give a compliment to Toney is that atleast he didn't pull a Hopkins.
            Seeing photos isn't everything. You have to see the action happening. Toney clearly didn't have both of his legs under him properly. I just found out, but I could see there was something wrong. Too much weight is part of the problem, I think. I could see Toney getting off and getting away better with two strong legs under him.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              Lebedev deserves his due. I haven't seen the fight yet, but injuries are part of the sport. Both showed class in the post fight press conference. The only thing that surprised me was Toney saying Lebedev was faster than Jirov. He would know better than me so.......Maybe it's just his awkward fighting style that makes him appear not very fast.
              Could also be that Toney is easier to hit now than he was almost a decade ago and so it felt faster to him. Agree generally though that Lebedev is a solid. He's not the first dude who was able to get some names bought for his record on the way up. He showed game against Huck.

Comment

Toney looked terrible...time to retire

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJJ View Post
                  You're not saying Hopkins was foolish with his money right? Hopkins probably still has the first dollar he made boxing. He'll probably die wealthier than when he retires.
                  u are right, i should of never threw bhop in with those guys on making money..... he obviosuly isn't about just signing a contract, yeah im talking to u Shane!!

Comment

yeah james.. time to hang em up g.. unless you want to fight kimbo..:boobies:

Comment

Originally posted by Hayehammer View Post
                      Tarver vs lebedev is a great fight! i hope it happens! Tarver still is kinda fresh despite that he is 42 years old! Lebedev is very beatable and i would pick tarver by knockout! round 8
                      perhaps........

Comment

Working...
                      X