Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa vs Martinez in The Works For a February Clash?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martinez is aggressive, hits hard, strong, but he moves forward in a straight line and not great at cutting off the ring. The other flaw that plays perfectly into Gamboa's style is his wide open stance where he is easy to hit because he leaves his punches out there too long. If Martinez can last a while, he could make the fight interesting but can't see him winning. Gamboa is faster and hits harder than Burns who beat him.

Comment

I can see why Martinez would think he can win. He probably thinks with his size and reach and power, he could catch up to Gamboa and wear him down and get to him. Certainly not out of the question....but hard to envision. Gamboa's cat-like reflexes and Martinez's porus defence dont match well. A little like Broner vs Litzau.....and could be a similar ending.

Comment

Rios will laugh and "eeee eeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" his way thru those petty punches.

Comment

But I would be pulling for Martinez cause Gamboa is an arrogant little prick.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            But I would be pulling for Martinez cause Gamboa is an arrogant little prick.
            I agree vato

Comment

why not have rios headline a card with gamboa/garcia as the main undercard. it's not like bam bam is a huge name, i don't get the reason behind trying to make this fight happen so fast. if anything i'd rather see gamboa/donaire and rios/bradley or something. i'm not saying rios/gamboa isn't good, it's awesome, it's just kind of crazy how sudden talks have been made. idk, we'll see what happens.....

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                why not have rios headline a card with gamboa/garcia as the main undercard. it's not like bam bam is a huge name, i don't get the reason behind trying to make this fight happen so fast. if anything i'd rather see gamboa/donaire and rios/bradley or something. i'm not saying rios/gamboa isn't good, it's awesome, it's just kind of crazy how sudden talks have been made. idk, we'll see what happens.....
                Are u kidding vato?Gamboa should be on the undercard of rios.

Comment

Martinez by brutal ko martinez would crack that jaw fight wont happen

Comment

lol as if picking on welterweights wasnt bad enough now Martinez is picking on a featherweight lmaoooo this guy is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                      Are u kidding vato?Gamboa should be on the undercard of rios.
                      yeah that's what i said. rios headlines a card (main event) with gamboa on the undercard. there was donaire being talked about, mikey garcia is in his division, and then there's guys like broner and perez above. i don't understand the sudden demand for rios. it's good but imo gamboa needs a fight at 135 before it.

Comment

Working...
                      X