Alfredo Angulo vs. James Kirkland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immortal tech View Post
    people are sleeping on Kirkland imo
    this with ann wolfe he is a diffrent monster. This will be a war and will come down to who ever lands the first big shot.

Comment

Ohhh I also forgot Angulo is cumming off of a 18 month lay off as well considering he has only fought mediocre opposition since LOSSING to Cintron (No excuses my latin brothers)
      and on top of that he was shipped back to Mexico and now has a different trainer which I am not so sure that, that is a good idea...

Comment

Man, Kirkland got beat down by a feather punching Japanese journeyman. What was it, three KD's in one round?

Angulo will destroy him.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
          Man, Kirkland got beat down by a feather punching Japanese journeyman. What was it, three KD's in one round?

Angulo will destroy him.
          Understand how you feel but Angulo was out boxed by Cintron man

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
            Understand how you feel but Angulo was out boxed by Cintron man
            and will james use that game plan to run like a puto? No it will be two trains colliding.

Comment

Angulo..kirkland is nothing really special.

Comment

Kirkland getting the humiliating 1st round KO loss against Jet Lee's taller cousin really hurt this fight in terms of hype. I'm still pretty excited and although it might be obvious Angulo will win on paper, I'm not counting Kirkland out (look how well Khan bounced back).

I'm expecting a bloody war

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerpimp View Post
                  and will james use that game plan to run like a puto? No it will be two trains colliding.
                  Originally posted by maricónweather View Post
                  Angulo..kirkland is nothing really special.
                  Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Kirkland getting the humiliating 1st round KO loss against Jet Lee's taller cousin really hurt this fight in terms of hype. I'm still pretty excited and although it might be obvious Angulo will win on paper, I'm not counting Kirkland out (look how well Khan bounced back).

I'm expecting a bloody war
                  This is what I am trying to say man, that kid Ishida looks featherfisted on Paper and like he shouldn't even be able to compete with Kirkland but look at the losses he does have he hasn't been knocked out, and when you go back and look at his pro record look at the wins and losses his opponents had I have seen far worse on fighters records we think are better.....

He fought tough unknown true but tough opposistion we dont really know how good this kid is he may better than we think.

Comment

I think its going to be a tougher fight for Angulo just because hes the Favorite, You can't sleep on Kirkland even though he got Koed in the first round, That means nothing to me, different day different fighters and different styles, I believe people are underrating so much Kirkland which is what has me a bit worried for Perro to think its going to be a walk in the park. I believe even Kirkland can surprise a lot of people.and he has to have redemption and im sure hes hungry as hell to put that Loss behind him. I feel like hes going to try to make a point with this fight. With that Said I think if Perro
                    Connects him Solid and works Kirklands Body he can slow Kirkland and maybe stop him late stoppage. As well I can say that Kirkland can go to el Perros Body and slow him down and try more of his Boxing skills. War EL PERRO!

I remember feeling like that when Margarito fought Mosley, Mosley didn't have a chance in paper but yet I knew he was still dangerous and had been looking like crap and out of nowhere He owned Margarito
                    Last edited by SdBoxingFan83; 10-31-2011, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
                      Logic tells you that Angulo should win, Big power decent chin, while Kirkland has question marks regarding that chin..

However Since the loss to Cintron angulo has strung together a few wins but against limited opposition he destroyed Julio with a wicked right hand, but Julio is a bit aged here in 2011.

And even though Kirkland is comming off of that knock out loss, and I mean he was blown out you have to look at the factors, he got knocked out by a guy with speed and power and one who had I think better foot fancy-ness if that even makes sense.

Angulo is none of that he is slow, some what flat footed and he is very hittable and even though he had a "Virus" going in to the Cintron fight, Cintron found a way to win on points.

Kirkland who is a southpaw still young, has power and speed and is on them toes in spots has a real chance here if he has the right game plan I think if he keeps turning Angulo he can do some power punching in spots and just some good old fashion shoe shinning and win this fight big probably even drop Angulo late in the fight
                      Key is he has to hit Angulo before Angulo is set to punch, meaning you can have a weak chin and still win this fight....

So I think Obviously Kirland is going to win this fight, but its going to be a bit of a war/barfight which is great for us....
                      Ishida does not have speed and certainly no power. He's just a slow as angulo but at least angulo can punch himself out of a wet paper bag.

Comment

Working...
                      X