Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did floyd use xylocaine against mosley and ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rayb112 View Post
    you full of ****...link??? I know about the segment but there was nothing about Floyd getting injections in his hand at any point or time...

are you kidding me? really? ohh wait I forgot you just started to follow boxing

Comment

you full of ****...link??? I know about the segment but there was nothing about Floyd getting injections in his hand at any point or time...
      Shove this up your ass

Comment

I'm sure if Floyd fought somewhere outside of Nevada he would comply with the rules of that state. But the Ortiz and Mosley fights were in Las Vegas (like most big fights are) so if he used xylocaine against them then it was perfectly legal.

If Manny Pacquiao has used PEDs against any of his opponents that would be illegal in any state. Not that I question him, but since he won't agree to take the test there will always be that doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
          But its banned everywhere else now why is that? why is it legal in the state where Floyd lives and the only state Floyd will fight in yet illegal else where..?
          Its already been dis-proven that its banned in all other states.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            Shove this up your ass

*******s wasting their time on a legal thing , by doing that they are proving that they also believe that Pacquiao is using steroids .

Comment

Beating a dead horse? Nobody cares about this so why waste your time

Comment

are you kidding me? really? ohh wait I forgot you just started to follow boxing

Boy i've been following boxing before you was itching your daddy's pants...

Comment

Boy i've been following boxing before you was itching your daddy's pants...

I find that hard to believe

Comment

Originally posted by M.I Truth ? View Post
                    Its already been dis-proven that its banned in all other states.
                    really, please do show us?

Comment

really, please do show us?
                      This guy did all the work and thunderwolf posted the article. link below.

US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)

Lenny Brown Sacramento, CA “Is Xylocaine approved by the FDA?”

I spoke today with a representative from the FDA via their Drug Information line. I asked them if Xylocaine was illegal or banned in this country. The representative said there are no bans on this drug. The representative also said that there would be no reason for individual states to make this drug illegal especially if its FDA approved. However, if this drug is administered by an I.V. or through injections then it must be done under the direct supervision of a licensed medical professional.

World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)

One of the world’s leading authorities on anti-doping, WADA is the primary source for which drugs are banned in sports or athletic competitions worldwide. According to WADA, via GlobalDRO.com, “None of the ingredients in this brand (Xylocaine) are currently included on the WADA Prohibited List”. This means that Xylocaine is not banned by WADA.

US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA)

Mandy Craig Sacramento, CA “Does the USADA ban Xylocaine?”

The USADA has a Drug Reference line where you can contact them via telephone and specifically ask them about any drug. When I called them yesterday, I spoke directly with their telephone doctor of the day. First, I must say that it was very informative being able to talk to a USADA doctor about this drug and the potential side effects. Anyhow, the doctor said that Xylocaine is legal for boxers to take via injection into the hands. He also said that individual state athletic commissions might have additional stipulations.

Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC)

In a conversation that I had with Keith Kizer, about the use of Xylocaine in the state of Nevada, Keith said that because “It is not a prohibited substance under WADA or USADA”; it’s not banned by the State Athletic Commission. However, Keith Kizer noted that the commission has added some stipulations to the use of Xylocaine.

“We don’t want fighters to use it on fight day. We make sure they have full physicals to check for this. They will be told to stop doing this from the weigh-in through the fight. Fighters must only take Tylenol or ice for any pain.”

Conclusion

As of February 17th 2010, Xylocaine is not banned according to the FDA, USADA, WADA, and the NSAC. In fact, I can’t find any other State Athletic Commission that bans it either. So, Floyd Mayweather’s use of this drug for his hands is not illegal. And, as long as he doesn’t use it from the weigh-in through fight day, then he won’t get into any trouble. However, this doesn’t mean that this drug is still safe or something that the general public should just go out and acquire.

Xylocaine, in most methods of usage, needs to be supervised by a licensed medical professional due to potential serious side effects like an abnormal heartbeat. In addition to potential side effects, there are also some long-term effects like dementia that could be experienced.

Regardless of the side effects and the legal use of this drug, it still remains debated whether this drug gives Floyd an advantage or not. It’s clear that there would be an advantage on fight day if he couldn’t experience any pain in his brittle hands but is this drug a real advantage during training?

According to BlueCross/Blue Shield – “Performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) are prescription medications, like anabolic steroids and stimulants, as well as sports supplements and growth hormones that some athletes take to improve their energy, stamina and power while training or competing.”

According to The Mayo Clinic – “Performance-enhancing drugs and supplements are used to boost athletic performance, ward off fatigue and enhance physical appearance. They're also taken to increase muscle mass and strength.”

Xylocaine might be legal but it remains highly controversial. Does the legal allowance of this drug override the performance enhancements that this drug provides?

Although, I think this drug is controversial and a PED, the very fact that it's still legal, according to those who I spoke with, makes me wrong for previously thinking it was illegal. I was misinformed, like a lot of people, when we were told that this drug was illegal. I was wrong, and unlike Floyd Mayweather, I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. If I'm going to hold others accountable then I have to hold myself accountable too. However, If anyone has any other evidence that this drug is banned in "49" states, then please contact me so I can verify it and check with the proper authorities.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=358171
                      Last edited by M.I Truth ?; 10-31-2011, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X