Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How likely can Pac-JMM 3 break 1Mil PPVs? If it doesnt will it force PBF-Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could break the 1 million mark and it should. Heaven help Manny Pacquiao if it doesn't. Floyd will know if it does or not even if the numbers are never released. Floyd will know. He will find out. If it doesn't break a million, Floyd will probably ask for more than a 50/50. That wouldn't be a way out of the fight. If Manny's fights haven't done the kind of numbers that Floyd's have been doing, then I'd have to say that Floyd's fair for asking for more than a 50/50. I believe 55/45 would be fair. That's only if the fight doesn't break 1 million. In order for Manny to be legit for him to ask for a 50/50, his numbers would have to add up to somewhere close to where Floyd's are. We don't know how many buys Pacquiao-Mosley generated. We know what Floyd's fight with Mosley did. We know what Floyd's fight with Ortiz did. They did damn good so Manny would have to hope for the best, or Floyd will ask for as much as 60/40. If the numbers reflect that type of lack of success for Pacquiao, then I can't say I can blame Floyd. This is, of course, only if the fight does like 750-800k.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
      If Mayweather-Marquez didn't happen this fight would bring like 1.4 million buys but as it is right now I see this fight doing from 900K to 1.1 million buys.
      That fight will not effect this up coming fight with PAC vs Marquez... Let me put it this way, the same people that bought 1-2 will again buy this one plus the new causal fans like myself will get drawn into buying it so u do the math, fight will break the 1mil mark.

Comment

Pac already has the highest selling PPV of the year vs Mosley and this time its against a Mexican and we all know mexicans buy most of the boxing PPV's in this country.

This will go over 1 mill easy and will probably end up doing 1.3.

Comment

Really who wants to see this fight? They might do 1 million or just under. There are plenty of better fights Pacquiao could have taken. I dont want to see this one for sure.

Comment

im quite sure pac-mosley did over 1 million

and pac-jmm will DEFINITELY do over 1 million

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Roach View Post
              I'm pretty sure undercard fights doesn't do much for PPV sales...
              casual fans only care about pacquiao and pacquiao only. and those people are the majority that pays for PPV. hardcore NSB *****s who knows alot about boxing watch it on free stream.

Comment

as a boxing fan...WE NEED ALL PPV's TO DO WELL!

the separation of boxing fans is hurting the sport, people not buying Pacquiao PPV's because they want Mayweather to do better and Pacquiao fans not buying Mayweather PPV's because they want him to do better numbers

that is SELFISH on the fans part and that does not help the sport in general AT ALL...AT THE SAME TIME Golden Boy, Top Rank and HBO need to understand that every fight is not PPV Worthy, then need to do what the UFC is doing and find a way to get on NATIONAL TV and treat the fans to a Super Bowl Of Boxing type of event

say what you want about the UFC but as far as "KNOWING WHAT HIS FANS WANT" I gotta give Dana White...A LOT OF CREDIT...he is way ahead of every Boxing Promoter today IMO

But if we are TRULY BOXING FANS, we should be supporting ALL BOXING EVENTS (of course if you CAN!)

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
                  700k tops. Marquez couldn't even sell his rematch with Diaz, after the first was FOTY.

If it does break 1 mil, i'd consider it a huge success.
                  Iagree
                  1.2 mil would be the equivelent of floyd doing 1.5
                  just cause of the economy (really its getting worst and much more noticable) and for some reason casuals buy floyds fights but wont buy this one
                  i hope im wrong and it does really good
                  I know im buying it for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                    If you don't think Pacquiao-Marquez breaks a million after Pacquiao-Margarito (1.2 mil) and Pacquiao-Mosley (1.3 mil) did well over that barrier back-to-back despite being unpopular 'boycotted' fights, put your money where your mouth is. Put your account up, it's ***** hunting season, I'll kill 2 birds with one stone that night.
                    I don't need to put my account up, that's ludicrous and I wouldn't ask you to do something like that either. I'm stating what I believe to be a fact based on watching both fighters and knowing something about the fight game. The future will determine who's right, and I know I am, I have no juvenile need to utterly persuade or intimidate you through a wager. You have every right to believe what you believe as do I, that's more important I think.

When it comes to the Pacquiao camp, I trust virtually nothing that comes out of it, numbers, statements, or if there were a cure for cancer.

Also, I'm not a "*****" or whatever that is, I'm a fan that knows Mayweather needs and deserves to be defended, even in spite of himself because his greatness is apparent. And I think he's experiencing some unintended consequences with constantly assuming the role of the "villain."

Originally posted by Artician View Post
                    I agree Pac is dead boring outside the ring. But I believe Pac and May sells differently, while Floyd does it well with his mouth and attitude outside the ring, Pac has his previous performances does it for him. Completely different.

Imo, Floyd's PPV will be on the decline starting his last fight if he doesnt step up. Casual as well as hardcore boxing fans were saying they wont buy Floyd's next ppv if he's not fighting Pac, I'm sure you too already heard that.
                    I disagree with Floyd's PPV numbers declining as you contend they will. I think there's a critical difference between the histrionics that are worked up on these message boards and the "real world."

Comment

There you go. Floyd fans have spoken. JMM/Pac III won't do 1 million PPV according to them.

I think it would do 700+. But let's see what happens.

;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X