Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How cold Would You Feel If Marg KO'ed Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
    he is going to break Cotto down again!

hope I am wrong and Cotto gets his revenge but I think Margarito's relentless pressure will BREAK COTTO DOWN...AGAIN!

forget the wraps for a second...WRAPS DON'T HELP YOU LAND MORE PUNCHES NOW DOES WRAPS GIVE YOU A STRONG CHIN

Margarito kept the Pressure on Cotto that first fight and BROKE HIM DOWN! Do I think he was using Wraps? Probably! But I also think Cotto made a lot of mistakes in that fight as well, if Cotto BOXES...HE WINS, if he comes out trying to get into a ALL OUT BRAWL with "REVENGE ON HIS MIND"...the I think Margarito breaks him again

just a honest opinion, I will be going for Cotto ALL THE WAY
    See this is the point that people make all the time that makes no sense. "He didn't have plaster in his chin" blah blah.

I'm not saying Margarito had plaster in his hands...I'm entirely indifferent on the subject. But in the event that he did, it would make a difference on EVERYTHING.

Under the assumption he did have loaded wraps:

-Maybe if the wraps weren't loaded Cotto wouldn't have been moved to the ropes as easy and he would have had more steam on his punches throwing them in the center of the ring as opposed to moving backwards and being pinned against the ropes.

- If there were loaded wraps they would deter Cotto from staying in the middle of the ring. Margarito unloads when he closes the distance, i.e getting his opponent up against the ropes. If Cotto is not feeling the blows as heavy he may not retreat to the ropes as quickly thus cutting into Margarito's work rate.

Now, pressure does do a ton, and I too favor Margarito again, plaster or not. But I'm just saying if you believe he had loaded wraps the whole "he ate every punch Cotto threw and pressured the hell out of him, wraps wouldn't make a difference" argument is really inaccurate.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      See this is the point that people make all the time that makes no sense. "He didn't have plaster in his chin" blah blah.

I'm not saying Margarito had plaster in his hands...I'm entirely indifferent on the subject. But in the event that he did, it would make a difference on EVERYTHING.

Under the assumption he did have loaded wraps:

-Maybe if the wraps weren't loaded Cotto wouldn't have been moved to the ropes as easy and he would have had more steam on his punches throwing them in the center of the ring as opposed to moving backwards and being pinned against the ropes.

- If there were loaded wraps they would deter Cotto from staying in the middle of the ring. Margarito unloads when he closes the distance, i.e getting his opponent up against the ropes. If Cotto is not feeling the blows as heavy he may not retreat to the ropes as quickly thus cutting into Margarito's work rate.

Now, pressure does do a ton, and I too favor Margarito again, plaster or not. But I'm just saying if you believe he had loaded wraps the whole "he ate every punch Cotto threw and pressured the hell out of him, wraps wouldn't make a difference" argument is really inaccurate.
      100% Agreed.... Changes the fight plan all night long.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post

I love how people bring up wraps when talking about Marg/Cotto without the slightest bit of evidence. Cotto was there to be hit all night, had Marg used illegal wraps IMHO Cotto would be dead right now and Marg would be in jail.
        Is it sunny today in Mexico? Let us know!

Denial and flags... they go hand in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by LaMigra View Post

Don't know, not mexican, and I live in Miami. Funny how someone as biased as you are trying to claim the same of others. You're tag alone let's us know how butthurt you are, a mexican must have banged your girl or something.

The thing is i believe in what can be proven, so seriously, give me one shred of evidence that Marg used illegal wraps against anyone other then Mosley and i'll shut the **** up.

Also I'd like to hear your excuse when Marg beats Cotto even worse this time with "no plaster". I expect you to be missing for a few days until you come up with an excuse you can live with.
          Last edited by AllEyesOpen; 11-01-2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Would be surprised just because I don't expect it from Margarito and it's never happened to Cotto. The one shot KO's of fighters the level of Cotto are few and far between.

After Margarito hits him with the first clean shot (non-jab) and Cotto feels his power, someone is getting a mental edge; if he hits just as hard or harder, Cotto's going to realize it and his confidence will take a hit; if he doesn't hit as hard, Cotto's going to realize it and gain confidence.

Cotto's trouble against stronger opponents is a trend that looks to continue, whether he can stall enough to win a decision or not get stopped against Margarito remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
              I mean Knocked out Kold. on his back with his foot twitching.

The drama of this fight is building up to redemption. the good vs evil. the warrior who built his life back up after that dreadful day of taking the beating from a cheater who used plaster without any remorse. the lowest scum of the low.

now here is his chance at redemption and show the world that the good will prevail in the end. Cotto represents the quiet gentleman who represents hardwork, honesty and general goodness.

but what if the opposite happens? The cheater wins and completely destroyed Cotto.......

How would you feel as a human being?
              neither marg or cotto have one punch knockout power. so neither one of them is laying out the other "cold" as you describe. marg will probably just break him down again and make him his ***** as usual

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
                but what if the opposite happens? The cheater wins and completely destroyed Cotto.......

How would you feel as a human being?
                Huh yeah, what?

I have Margs wining in 10 via TKO.

Comment

don't get me wrong, nobody ever said the Wraps did not help (IF HE HAD THEM), I am basically saying that Cotto did a lot of things WRONG in that first fight, like allowing Margarito to get him against the Ropes and also trying to BRAWL WITH HIM

We shall see what happens during this Rematch...again I am going for Cotto and want to see him get his revenge BADLY...but at the same time MAKE NO MISTAKE MARGARITO IS TOUGH and he has a GREAT CHIN, if anybody is thinking "EASY FIGHT BECAUSE MARGARITO WON'T HAVE HIS WRAPS" then I think they are sadly mistaken and will be greatly dissapointed

Comment

Originally posted by LaMigra View Post

You act as if Cotto is untouchable, I mean rewind the clock, he has been on the deck prior to Margarito by lesser fighters, Torres dropped him a couple times, Corley short circuted his brain and had him on queer street...
                    Judah was able to rock him.. so on and so on...
                    Margarito walked through every big shot Cotto had to offer and still kept comming, Cotto better hope that eye is ****ed up

Comment

I would like Cotto to get revenge from the cheater plaster user but wouldn't feel bad if any of them gets KOed.

They get paid millions and know the risks of the sport

Comment

Working...
                      X