Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marquez arguably beat Pac twice and he's not a legit opponent ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Marquez wasn't a legit opponent for Floyd then he's not a legit opponent for Pac. Be consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
      Since it's not an issue, why did the rematch take so long?
      My Brother, obviously you are a smart man.

Pacquiao vs Marquez I - was at Featherweight

Pacquiao vs Marquez II - was at Super Featherweight

Now, Pacquiao vs Marquez III - is now at Welterweight because of age and the years that moved on since their first two fights.

So, obviously Pacquiao vs Marquez III took so long because destiny and fate had different plans for them but now the stars and the sun are aligned we have the fight coming in.

Marquez will always give his 100% against Pacquiao at the start of the bell and to the end of the bell. No matter how much time and years have gone by between the two of them.

So, give my other, Brother, a break. He is a hot blooded Filipino. I apologize on his behalf Brother Johnm.

Comment

Mayweather got bashed for taking the fight. Point. Blank. Period.
        Brother Johnm, can I be your friend?

You are very intelligent man.

Also, Mayweather shouldn't be criticized for taking on Marquez as he was the #2 P4P fighter at that time.

Comment

well this makes it offical Floyd beating JMM was a great win..if its good for Manny how can it be bad for floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            If Marquez wasn't a legit opponent for Floyd then he's not a legit opponent for Pac. Be consistent.
            the difference is that Marquez haven't had 2 prior fights with Floyd in another weight class where they would have been ''equal'' in size

and to be fair, Marquez and Floyd started their careers 4 pounds apart from each other...

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
              SImple Pacquiao's transition to tht weight division is been great in d other hand Marquez didnt at all did u not see him fight Mayweather? he will get rolled on by Pac at this weight.
              maybe, and maybe not

if Pacman blasts him, I don't think it's just the weight, it will be a lot of factors (Marquez getting older, Pacman having progressed technically, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Once again.....Pac isnt going to fail to make weight, come in heavy, then pack on even more weight over night to have an even bigger size advantage.

Both fighters will be within 3-4lbs on fight night.

Comment

How many times did he "give Pacquiao hell" at welterweight?

Before their 1st fight:

How many times did he "give Pacquiao hell" at featherweight?

Before the rematch:

How many times did he "give Pacquiao hell" at Lightweight?

Comment

Originally posted by i box foreal View Post
                    well this makes it offical Floyd beating JMM was a great win..if its good for Manny how can it be bad for floyd
                    Cheating in the weightscale makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
                      the difference is that Marquez haven't had 2 prior fights with Floyd in another weight class where they would have been ''equal'' in size

and to be fair, Marquez and Floyd started their careers 4 pounds apart from each other...
                      So because of what happened 3 yrs prior to the fight we should ignore the current size difference and current state of each fighter's career and physical condition?

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                      Once again.....Pac isnt going to fail to make weight, come in heavy, then pack on even more weight over night to have an even bigger size advantage.

Both fighters will be within 3-4lbs on fight night.
                      People were criticizing Floyd for choosing Marquez as an opponent when the fight was announced, long before Floyd failed to make the catchweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X