Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs Ortiz: 1.25 Million Buys, Record Revenue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always knew it did great numbers cuz my fb friends arent boxing fans and all of them watched the fight,half were going for floyd the other half wanted an upset and many just tuned in just cuz it was an event,ppl did watch pac vs mosley but not nearly as many.all my fb friends knew mosley was washed up n fought floyd a year before they werent stupid.some tuned in anyway cuz it was pacquiao i watch all his fights im a fan if the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
      My exact thoughts. Like, exactly. They were so hell bent on them not being released but their favorite fighter's numbers from his last fight STILL haven't been OFFICIALLY released. It was comical...and its ALWAYS comical to see when the truth comes out and how they respond. I'll be paying close attention so I can keep laughing at these dudes.
      Bob Arum saying what the numbers were are OFFICIAL. Fat Dan tweeting what the numbers are NOT. He had absolutely nothing to do with the ppv.

Double standards much?

Usually HBO themselves release the number within a week or 2. This took over a month. Thats why people were suspicious and with good reason. And I still am until someone offical reports the numbers, not fat dan who didn't name his sources.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs Ortiz: 1.25 Million Buys, Record Revenue

LAS VEGAS (October 28). Floyd Mayweather puts more meaning to his ring name "Money" every time he fights. With early pay-per-view numbers counted and confirmed, the pugilist's recent STARPOWER fight against Victor Ortiz generated buys from 1.25 million homes with a value of $78,440,000 dollars in pay-per-view revenue. These numbers make the event the second highest grossing non-heavyweight pay-per-view event of all time.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Pacquiao vs. Mosley did 1.3 million PPV buys - 50,000 thousand more than Mayweather/Ortiz - despite the fact that:

It wasn't fought during a major Mexican holiday.

It did not have a 24/7.

It had a very poor undercard - unlike Mayweather/Ortiz which had superstars like Canelo Alvarez and Erik Morales - all fighting during a major Mexican holiday.

It had two fighters that didn't do any trash talking.

Pacquiao fights twice per year unlike Floyd who ARTIFICIALLY pumps up demand by only fighting once every 14 months.
          Last edited by FIGHT HYPE; 10-28-2011, 10:13 AM.

Comment

It's good numbers but considering the hype surrounding it, it's a little on the low side.

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHT HYPE View Post
              Pacquiao vs. Mosley did 1.3 million PPV buys.
              Nope. It was actually 3.1 from the sources I spoke with.

Comment

I didn't once think the fight did less than a million buys. Not sure why some people thought a fighter as popular as Mayweather and all of the promo would only do 850,000 buys. I'm already saving my money to see his next fight live. Every penny spent at the Ortiz fight was worth it to me.

Comment

Another record PPV by Money May!

Comment

1.25 million, disappointed fans, who wasted their money.

Comment

Money May all day. *******s hate and rewriting of history in 3...2...1

Comment

Working...
                      X