No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs Ortiz: 1.25 Million Buys, Record Revenue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tongva View Post
    Thanks to the Mexicans who fought on that PPV. And the Mexicans who mostly bought the PPV. Put the "CASH COW" against another black fighter and it gets PPV numbers like Dawson and Hopkins.
    100% agree,thats what i said here too....canelo and morales helped a lot,but of course it's all mayweather who gets the credit here..where i live there are plenty of mexicans and they were talking about morales and canelo fighting,they wouldn't mention mayweather,i know for sure if morales and canelo werent on that ppv card they wouldn't pay 60 dollars to watch mayweather,thats a fact...you put mayweather on there vs berto and have bradley on the undercard(if that would be possible,just trying to make a point here),put bradley on there and lets say malignaggi,then lets see if mayweather really is the ppv king,just look at the arena that night,all ortiz fans,mayweather gets all the credit when in reality morales and canelo helped him a lot

Comment

• Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
      Floyd has the 1,2,3 highest PPV totals for no HW bouts; and thse clowns who was spouting off 850k are huring right now.
      Oscar has the #1 highest PPV totals ever (HW included), not Floyd. Them numbers are Oscars, don't forget that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        *******s were getting mixed up with Manny vs Shane thats what that did 850 and thats why the numbers were never officially released for that fight , just Arum with his bull**** totals lol , Arum is such a propaganda whore .
        I agree, I think that the numbers for Pac/Mosley were around 850k, which is why they were never released. Arum is a nothing but a low-life shyster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
          I often wonder about the alternate reality that Pacquiao fans inhabit. I wonder if their days are as longs as ours, do they celebrate holidays there, are their children circumcised, and do their prostitutes spread gonorrhea or are their sexually communicable diseases as sweet as Skittles?

Reading this thread is a sheer delight because the Pacquiao fan can’t accept with their rational mind that Floyd sells as well as he does, also they seem to be unable to understand simple logic. Floyd sells over a million a fight these days, that’s just how well he sells, how hard he’s worked to build up his fan base. He had a great undercard, but none of the fighters featured ever sold nearly as much or at all, why would they now?

The logic that so many would tune in to see Floyd lose over those that would choose to see Pacquiao win baffles me. The hate is so thick and versatile that no matter what Mayweather does there’s a reason how he did it to mitigate the success.

Floyd can sell a fight, it’s just that simple.

Factoid: Floyd Mayweather beat Bob Arum at his own game on two fronts, promotion and who manages the best fighter.

/thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Gutierrez View Post
            1.25 buys is a good number but there is no truth to that. We called the HBO office and they told us that the actual PPV buys for the Mayweather/Ortiz fight is not yet in. I am just wondering why people like ELLERBE and SCHAEFER will tell lies like this. They know very well that people of today are very much educated and we all have the means of communicating with other people...and yet here it is, ELLERBE and SCHAEFER are giving the public false information. The old saying is true..."Tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are".
            Oh really genius ?

I call a big fat BULL**** on that one.

BTW, how are you getting on obtaining the official figures for the Pac/Mosley fight? You know, the fight that took place nearly 6 months ago?

You are a pac-fan, so that must be your main objective, right ?

Comment

• Originally posted by budfr View Post
              I bought the fight because of Alvarez, Morales and Ortiz. Most people don´t like Floyd. He´s boring and a coward. Some people just want to see Floyd but to see him lose, that´s all. The minute he loses his 0, he´s done.

Thank god.....

Because that fight would have only sold 1,249,999 tickets otherwise

Comment

• Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
                Oscar has the #1 highest PPV totals ever (HW included), not Floyd. Them numbers are Oscars, don't forget that.
                Learn to comprehend; Floyd has the three highest revenue fights that aren't HW with him vs oscar, him vs shane, him vs ortiz genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
                  so why didnt he do those numbers with manny or anyone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                    100% agree,thats what i said here too....canelo and morales helped a lot,but of course it's all mayweather who gets the credit here..where i live there are plenty of mexicans and they were talking about morales and canelo fighting,they wouldn't mention mayweather,i know for sure if morales and canelo werent on that ppv card they wouldn't pay 60 dollars to watch mayweather,thats a fact...you put mayweather on there vs berto and have bradley on the undercard(if that would be possible,just trying to make a point here),put bradley on there and lets say malignaggi,then lets see if mayweather really is the ppv king,just look at the arena that night,all ortiz fans,mayweather gets all the credit when in reality morales and canelo helped him a lot
                    very valid points...

all the ingredients to have the floyd ortiz card a ppv bonanza were there with the likes of eric and company, the promo blitz and drama, the mexican holiday.. very well timed..

1.25m is way too short of gbp's exec expectation...to say the least

Comment

• Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
                      very valid points...

all the ingredients to have the floyd ortiz card a ppv bonanza were there with the likes of eric and company, the promo blitz and drama, the mexican holiday.. very well timed..

1.25m is way too short of gbp's exec expectation...to say the least
                      I think the price hike hurt the sales.

Comment

Working...
                      X