No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs Ortiz: 1.25 Million Buys, Record Revenue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
    He wasn't a nobody. He just wasn't a huge name. But I will tell you that he was a huge threat. So he may not have been a huge win for Floyd like Amir Khan or Sergio Martinez would be, but he was a legit win.
    Guess you caught the result on boxrec and didnt see the way the farce, sorry, fight ended then.

And LMFAO at huge threat!

Comment

• Originally posted by jltsmae View Post
      look how ****** you are... didn't you realized that your nonsense reply to my post just added page on this thread???

btw, you should thank me that I replied to your nonsense post. not like you that is like a lunatic addressing post to nobody...
      difference is, pacman is your god

and youre still here, and you will reply to this

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
        Guess you caught the result on boxrec and didnt see the way the farce, sorry, fight ended then.

Victor Ortiz was a big threat for Mayweather most people and boxing analysts were saying it , nobody was sure that Mayweather could win this fight .

Ortiz = Younger , Bigger and Stronger + WBC World Champion

Mayweather = Long Lay Off

Everybody was saying Victor Ortiz is a dangerous fight for Mayweather , Victor Ortiz knocked all of his opponents down and he can give Mayweather his first knock down , knockout or his first loss , alot of people were betting for a knock down , once Mayweather beat him all of a sudden Victor Oritz sucks , at least for *******s

*******s are the worst thing ever in boxing you do nothing but trolling boxing forums and videos

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post

What are you talking about? Victor was getting owned the whole fight, but going into the fight, Victor was a huge threat. If you're 34 years old, fighting a 24 years old, a southpaw, bigger, stronger, coming off a win, while you're coming off a long layoff, I don't care who you are, that's a threat. I've always known that Mayweather was going to school Ortiz, but in boxing, there's always a chance that someone like Victor can end it with one big shot. And with all these disadvantages against Floyd the chances were greater.

For example, I think Mayweather would school Sergio Martinez. But Martinez is still no joke. If he tags you, it can be over. If that fight ever happened, to me, it wouldn't matter if Mayweather is winning all 11 rounds. It's still a 50/50 chance fight. If Sergio tags him once in the 12th, it can be over.

Comment

• Originally posted by SyrianKid View Post
            Victor Ortiz was a big threat for Mayweather most people and boxing analysts were saying it , nobody was sure that Mayweather could win this fight .

Ortiz = Younger , Bigger and Stronger + WBC World Champion

Mayweather = Long Lay Off

Everybody was saying Victor Ortiz is a dangerous fight for Mayweather , Victor Ortiz knocked all of his opponents down and he can give Mayweather his first knock down , knockout or his first loss , alot of people were betting for a knock down , once Mayweather beat him all of a sudden Victor Oritz sucks , at least for *******s

*******s are the worst thing ever in boxing you do nothing but trolling boxing forums and videos
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Very Rich Man
            Great numbers considering that Ortiz was pretty much a nobody.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mrjoeblive
            right and that debunks the theory of floyd only does good ppv numbers because his opposition carries him and makes him look good.

Comment

• Originally posted by jltsmae View Post
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Very Rich Man
              Great numbers considering that Ortiz was pretty much a nobody.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mrjoeblive
              right and that debunks the theory of floyd only does good ppv numbers because his opposition carries him and makes him look good.

Victor Ortiz = Was Ranked No.3 Welterweight In The World (When he fought Mayweather)

Pactroll
              Last edited by SyrianKid; 10-29-2011, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by k1llu View Post
                were are all the ****in haters@ saying it did 800k fucking clowns.
                Who the hell is that chick. She is a beast!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SyrianKid View Post
                  Victor Ortiz = Was Ranked No.3 Welterweight In The World (When he fought Mayweather)

Pactroll

Your post would be outstanding if you posted the WW ranks of De La Hoya, Cotto, Clottey and Mosley when Pac fought them?

How easily people want to discredit a TOP 3 WW/WBC Champ in Ortiz after Mayweather KO'ed him, yet Pac hasn't fought a TOP 3 of anyone in any weight for several years now...

These clowns are so confused they don't know whether to discredit Ortiz or say he was beating Floyd and would have won if....... lol

It's easy to see that Floyd is on a completely different level than Pac, as Floyd is held to a very very high standard. Pac can fight back to back "former" champions coming off loses and it is considered legit. Floyd can fight World WW Champions and Top 3 WW's and it is cherry picking.. lol The standards of each fighter are clear as day.

Comment

• Remember this fight was 60 bucks compared to 40 bucks back in the day

Comment

• great numbers. I expected just over a million. I surely didnt think it would outsell the JMM fight, due to his large mexican following..but Floyd is the Cash Cow..as he proves again by these numbers

Comment

Working...
                      X