Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did rapping, acting and b ball cause a decline in rjj career, if so why not manny?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what's crazy? I was thinking today during RJJ's prime he fought challengers from all around the world and never met his match, but the truth was the man to beat him (tarver) only lived 20 minutes south of roy's house in pensacola!

Comment

guy down the street whipped jones ass i seen it

Comment

Originally posted by HTownTexan View Post
        Nope, thats not what it was.

Antonio McDyess was one of my customers, and he is a boxing fan.

He told me that Roy Jones dropping back down to Lt. HEavy after Ruiz so fast is what ended his career.

He said there is no healthy way to lose that much muscle, that fast.

Do you think its just a coincidence that his very first fight after Ruiz, he looked like crap? No. That is what cut his career short.
        Exactly.. You would think people would notice he physically did not look well in the first Tarver fight. He showed a lot of heart and still won, but was clearly not the same.

By the time of their second fight he looked better physically, but just didn't have it anymore. Plus he got hit with a punch that would have knocked most Cw's out.

People that say Roy had a glass chin make me laugh. As if he was never hit solidly in any of his fights. You don't reach a record of 49-1 and never get badly hurt until you're 35 with a glass chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Who argues some dumb **** like that?
          Thread should have been locked right here.

Comment

I think RJJ fans refuse to give credit to tarver. Fact is he sonned RJJ basically 3 times in a row. I also heard he whipped his ass in the florida golden gloves back in his amateur days

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
              You know what's crazy? I was thinking today during RJJ's prime he fought challengers from all around the world and never met his match, but the truth was the man to beat him (tarver) only lived 20 minutes south of roy's house in pensacola!
              Tarver had the perfect style to beat a past prime Roy, but 96-03 Roy makes Tarver look like a fool. He did it in spots in their fights, but was clearly not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                guy down the street whipped jones ass i seen it
                When was this? Who the guy? was it a street fight or sparring?

Comment

because after the weight thing, roy lost only to top fighters. pac fights bums. if rjj gets ko'd ten more times straight it doesnt change his legacy. not one bit. if anything, him continuing to fight has made him greater to me. this guy is not in it for the payday he has money. he truly loves boxing. he could cherry pick guys at smw and lhw but he chooses to fight these top 5 cruiserweights. not just bigger men, greeen and lebedev are bigger ko punchers. he is basically stepping in the ring with fighters stylistically horrible for him. **** the lebedev fight was even in the last round. rjj mabye not the best credentials at any given weight, but i have a hard time picking anyone over him from 160-168. mabye even 175, as long as we are talking before heavyweight roy.

Comment

and think about how shredded roy was at heavyweight. like 5 % bodyfat. he cut like 27 lbs of pure muscle. that will ruin any fighter. he would have been better off staying at heavyweight or cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
                      and think about how shredded roy was at heavyweight. like 5 % bodyfat. he cut like 27 lbs of pure muscle. that will ruin any fighter. he would have been better off staying at heavyweight or cruiser.
                      Exactly even Mackie Shilstone the guy that bulked Roy up for HW told him he shouldn't move back down to 175. Roy should of told Tarver to move up to Cruiser limit to fight him at the time. If Jones did that he wouldn’t of made history going back and getting the at 175 being the 2nd man in 100 years to go from HW champ back to 175 champ.

Comment

Working...
                      X