Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rising stars with great expectations that got exposed before they could take off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bojado. Poster boy for this subject.

Comment

Sometimes young fighters are "exposed", sometimes they are rushed and put in over their heads, some don't take their talent seriously and waste it, and others get involved in a lot of brutal battles at a young age and lose a lot along their way. Whatever their reason, here are some that come to mind:

Kelly Pavlik
      Kid Diamond
      Francisco "Panchito" Bojado
      David Reid
      Jaidon Codrington
      Michael Grant
      Jeff Lacy

Comment

Originally posted by Something Jr View Post
        You may be right but we have yet to see.

I have my doubts but I hope we see him come back stronger. He looked great in the De Marco fight but it's going to take some strong character to come back from brutal loss.
        I wouldn't really consider the De Marco fight to be a "brutal loss"

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
          I wouldn't really consider the De Marco fight to be a "brutal loss"
          I call it brutal because of the oppurtunity presented to him and his reaction to the loss immediately post fight. He was crushed.

Is it too soon to add Danny Jacobs to the list?

Comment

Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
            Angulo got exposed as a illegal
            That made him even more popular.

Comment

Amir Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Something Jr View Post
                I call it brutal because of the oppurtunity presented to him and his reaction to the loss immediately post fight. He was crushed.

Is it too soon to add Danny Jacobs to the list?
                No, he belongs on the list. This is a year of upsets.. amazed more names haven't been mentioned...

Names like

Fernando Guerrero, axed off by Grady Brewer
                David Lemieux, axed off by Rubio after a career of first and second round knockouts.
                James Kirkland, axed off by........I forgot the kids name, that's how much of a bum he lost to.

etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  Amir Khan.
                  LOL ok sure whatever u say.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                    No, he belongs on the list. This is a year of upsets.. amazed more names haven't been mentioned...

Names like

Fernando Guerrero, axed off by Grady Brewer
                    David Lemieux, axed off by Rubio after a career of first and second round knockouts.
                    James Kirkland, axed off by........I forgot the kids name, that's how much of a bum he lost to.

etc etc
                    David is still young. im pretty confident he will comeback and be alot better. He bought into this own hype and paid big time.

Im not afraid to admit im a huge fanboy of David's (not on ***** and ******* level of obsessions though) but i admit he got ****ed by Rubio.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                      List some examples of young fighters with great promise that got exposed before they could meet expectation.
                      Jeff Lacy, Devon Alexander, Zab Judah, David Gaye, Juan Diaz, etc

Comment

Working...
                      X