Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if marquez is competitive against Manny, what then?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    From what I've gathered, most reasonably competent fight fans believe that Marquez will be entirely out of his element at welterweight. The majority of us believes that Marquez gets stopped brutally. Although there are some that refuse to acknowledge weights classes when talking Manny, those need not respond.

But what happens if Marquez turns out to actually be competitive? What if the fight goes 12 with back & forth action & we have yet another close war? Does Manny retain his pfp status that was passed to him when Floyd took leave. Or does the head to head comparo being in Floyd's favor return him back to the #1 spot?
    If he wins, of course he retains his spot. I hate the cliche 'styles make fights' but its the simplest way to explain it. Of course Manny is supposed to win this one, but Marquez has given him more problems in the past than any other fighter.

There really is so much debate about who the best fighter in the world and we are actually in the rare position where the argument for p4p supremacy will be decided in the ring....should the required heads get banged together and they get the fight(Mayweather-Pacquiao) made.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      all i kno is if marquez fights at at least an even level with pac, chances are he wont beat floyd. if u think otherwise, ur probably blinded by either love or hate.
      And if he KO Marquez does that mean PAC beat Floyd then? How about PAC knocking hatton out in the 2nd, does that mean PAC beat Floyd too then? Based on ur reply if Marquez is competitive with PAC then that means PAC won't stand a chance with Floyd, well what happens if PAC KO marquez then, that means Floyd dont stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        its not really a triangle theory that its being based on. its the fact that whatever marquez does, and he does it well, floyd can do it better if needed. floyd and jmm arent that far apart in their styles. the difference between them is floyd is better than jmm and its not really close. mark my words, if manny struggles with this version of marquez, then floyd is completely all wrong for him.
        I would like to hear you breakdown how JMM and Floyd aren't that far defensively and offensively, well the counter punching is obvious so besides that?

Comment

Originally posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
          And if he KO Marquez does that mean PAC beat Floyd then? How about PAC knocking hatton out in the 2nd, does that mean PAC beat Floyd too then? Based on ur reply if Marquez is competitive with PAC then that means PAC won't stand a chance with Floyd, well what happens if PAC KO marquez then, that means Floyd dont stand a chance.
          No in that instance they will just claim JMM is older now then when he fought Floyd thats why he got knocked out.

My predicition is that Manny will dominate the rounds but JMM will make Manny look bad at spots.

Thats when the *****s will have a field day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            From what I've gathered, most reasonably competent fight fans believe that Marquez will be entirely out of his element at welterweight. The majority of us believes that Marquez gets stopped brutally. Although there are some that refuse to acknowledge weights classes when talking Manny, those need not respond.

But what happens if Marquez turns out to actually be competitive? What if the fight goes 12 with back & forth action & we have yet another close war? Does Manny retain his pfp status that was passed to him when Floyd took leave. Or does the head to head comparo being in Floyd's favor return him back to the #1 spot?
            You know the tards answer for that. "Pac fought a better version of Marquez. If this version of Marquez fought Gayweather he would have won."

Mine answer? That's not P4P #1 ****. There is a standard you set to get to that status and if you start doing too many easy matches, catchweights, circus fights, that rank should go out the window. Its like doing really good at a job to get a raise, then once you get that raise, doing the bare minimum and trying to pass it off as some really good ****. Eventually, you get called on the **** and get demoted. That is what should happen. No KO of a ripe for the KOing Mosely, Old man and blown up lightweight Marquez competitive against the supposed best fighter in boxing @ WW? DEMOTION.

Comment

Then it would mean that JMM is the 3rd best WW in the World...And, for JMM to be 3rd best WW in the World would prove how pathetic this division is beyond Floyd and Pac. Along with JMM will be levels above everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                first off - you can't compare how a fighter will perform against another fighter based on a common opponent. . . even the level 3 noobs recognize this.

there are some things that marquez can do that floyd can't do; yes, marquez is better at some aspects of the boxing game than floyd. marquez is a better combination puncher, and a better offensive fighter. . . mayweather IS NOT a "super marquez". While he is without a doubt defensively superior,
                he does not have the ability to follow up his counter punches with combinations like marquez.
                he doesn't have the balls marquez has, so he won't take the chances. . .

If this fight is a carbon copy of their first two fights, the rankings stay the same, however it MIGHT be debatable as to Manny remaining in his top spot. . . HOWEVER, if people who believe that Floyd is currently pound for pound champion, if Manny KO's Marquez, THEN you have to remove Floyd from number one and Manny into number one. . .

If Manny beats Marquez, close fight or not, then he should keep his spot. . . Because there are just too many dynamics involved to make a judgement based on "who is better" from performances against a common opponent.

Why would he need to throw as much as JMM when he would end up landing the same amount of punches that JMM landed? Marquez averaged 42.5 punches thrown per round, and averaged 14.3 punches landed per round against Manny[the new and improved one] in their second bout. I don't see any reason why Floyd won't be able to throw 40 punches per round against Manny given the fact that he's a bit more offensively aggressive against southpaws but not to the extent of being as recklessly offensively aggressive as JMM. As i said, it all comes down to punching landing accuracy.
                Last edited by Carpe Diem; 10-31-2011, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                  No in that instance they will just claim JMM is older now then when he fought Floyd thats why he got knocked out.

My predicition is that Manny will dominate the rounds but JMM will make Manny look bad at spots.

Thats when the *****s will have a field day.
                  Wrong!....boxing fans with a brain will have a field day. You know and I know, the attributes that JMM bring to the table, just so happens to be similar to what Floyd brings to the table. Take away JMM penchant for mixing it up and occasionally getting loose with his defense, we'd be looking at Pac being 0-2, or at best 0-1-1 against JMM. It's not an exact fact, but if JMM goes in there and apply those same attributes and still be able to compete with Pac, it wouldn't bode well for Pac's chances against a fighter like Floyd. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
                    You know the tards answer for that. "Pac fought a better version of Marquez. If this version of Marquez fought Gayweather he would have won."

Mine answer? That's not P4P #1 ****. There is a standard you set to get to that status and if you start doing too many easy matches, catchweights, circus fights, that rank should go out the window. Its like doing really good at a job to get a raise, then once you get that raise, doing the bare minimum and trying to pass it off as some really good ****. Eventually, you get called on the **** and get demoted. That is what should happen. No KO of a ripe for the KOing Mosely, Old man and blown up lightweight Marquez competitive against the supposed best fighter in boxing @ WW? DEMOTION.
                    I agree 100%.

Comment

If Pac K.O. Marquez..it means Pac vs May is a mismatch..*****s theory.

Comment

Working...
                      X