No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire's Weight Raised Some Concern After Weigh-In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charmex View Post
    Firstly Donaire is one of my favourate fighters and is in my top 5 p4p.

BUT is Arum up to his dirty old tricks again, seeing as donaire's nearing the end of his contract, alot goes on in boxing behind the medi. Arum wont want Donaire going to golden boy without another loss on his record. Also this Narvaez has been avoided for years and dont be suprised if you see donaire getting backed up in the second half of the fight
    So Arums old "tricks" are to get one of his best fighters a loss? Against a guy who he is a 42-1 favorite against?

Or did Arum personally weight drain? I dont get what youre implying

Comment

BUT is Arum up to his dirty old tricks again, seeing as donaire's nearing the end of his contract, alot goes on in boxing behind the medi. Arum wont want Donaire going to golden boy without another loss on his record. Also this Narvaez has been avoided for years and dont be suprised if you see donaire getting backed up in the second half of the fight

I think when Donaire smoothed things out with Top Rank, he signed something like a 4-year deal... So his contract is far from being close to finished...

Comment

Donaire will probably go one of the best runs in a long time if he continues winning.

Montiel, Nishioka, Arce, potentially Gamboa. I mean come on. Craziness there.

Donaire will probably top out at 130 though. He's about the size of Hasegawa and he topped out at 130 as well. I could see Donaire's body being about 130 when not needing to cut weight.

Now can he maximize his ability at higher weights? I hope so. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who thinks "1950s shit worked for them then. Should still work now."

Comment

Originally posted by LAFIRPO View Post
          Wow, you can really predict the future.

Can you tell me the numbers for the lottery?
          This isn't the lottery this is common sense and if you're still holding out hope care to bet some points on Narv?

Comment

The weight issue will probably be discussed by the commentators for the fight.

Comment

From the picture I see that Boxingscene posted, it looks like the same Nonito Donaire I have always seen at weigh ins. Maybe he looks worse in other pics I haven't seen, but from what I see he's good to go. Donaire did say in an article "In late August I was 147 and wasn't fat. If given the opportunity to put some weight on, it'll be easy for me to do it."

Last sentence http://www.boxingscene.com/donaire-c...s-flaws--45139

So if he was 147 and didn't feel fat, then he must really be squeezing down to 118. But he certainly does not look like it, not yet.

Comment

You should "look before you leap". Also you should post an apology to Arum. Donaire signed a new 4 year contract with Arum a couple of moths ago, with likely a 1 year extension at Tp Rank's option, as they usually have.

Comment

In the Weight In,
                  Donaire’s weight
                  Attracts attention,
                  Yeah, He looks gaunt, thinner;;

But, then
                  Some commentators,
                  Simply can’t wait,
                  for Donaire’s to prove his strength
                  Inside the Ring,
                  Yeah, give him way
                  to show his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by LAFIRPO View Post
                    I've read some of jibbajabber's other post and I think he's actually making stupid comments on purpose.

I don't think anyone could be this stupid.
                    naw for what. why would i post stuff just to be an ass.. i'm too old for stuff like that.. you just don't agree with my opinion.. fine you don't have to.
                    Last edited by JibbaJabber; 10-22-2011, 09:08 AM. Reason: picture

Comment

Originally posted by AmeriFil View Post
                      Donaire will beat the midget back to Argentina to farm soybeans again.
                      It's funny how Fillipinos are calling Narvaez a midget when the average height for Fillipinos is like 5'5.

HAHA

Comment

Working...
                      X