SERIOUS INJURY: Hopkins to Undergo 6 Weeks of Shoulder Therapy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
    Yeah Yeah, blah blah blah from the NO HEART street punk
    getting off the canvas twice against Pascal to battle back and put on a show was no heart? Fighting pascal in his country with 20,000+ crazy cheering for his demise was no heart?

He's got more heart than most people. Just because you thought he could have continued doesn't change that. He's proven his worth, have you?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      why would you question it? Hopkins said right after via twitter that he doesn't like taking drugs and was only taking half of what they prescribed him the night of the fight from the hospital. He went back for further testing on monday to a different doctor, is it that unlikely that he could have been prescribed something else?

Jesus you guys are stretching.

Besides, a lot of people who aren't used to taking opiate based drugs like Vicodin, Percocet, etc. don't like the feeling, it can cause upset stomachs, nausea, dizziness, etc.
      dear God man relax breathe and chill

I don't buy entirely what's being said simple as that

done debating this as well so I will leave it at that

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
        All y'all believing this whole bull**** a$$ series of events need to put your Got Damn Poms Poms down, for real. BHop pissing on y'all sheep a$$ idiots.
        What happens when ESPN starts reporting on it and they start showing Hopkins' shoulder post surgery? You know if all this is true, Hopkins is going to shove it in everyone's faces every chance he gets, in every interview he'll be showing the scar and what not.

Comment

I thought that serious injury meant surgery plus shoulder rehab. Good for him not to have one though. The shoulder is one hell of a complex joint. But the thing about shoulder rehab at his age it will take a while longer to recover any semblance of mobility. Passive ROM exercises would help, though.

Comment

He's gotten his belts back. It has been more than confirmed that his injury was real. Now all that's left is reversing it into a NC...

War B-Hop.....

Keep trolling the Boxing World for another 2 years at least.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              This injury will be the descent of Hopkins.

He will not be able to train like he used too... he may stay in the gym, but what he can do will be significantly limited.

The main reason Hopkins stays successful at this age, is he never lets himself get "out of shape". He's always training, always in the gym.. so that when training camp comes, it's not such a huge impact on his body to go from out of shape, to fight shape... he goes from in shape... to fight shape.

It will be hard for him to stay "in shape" with this injury.

Sure... he can Run, do ab work etc... but you have to be able to do much more than that to be in in boxing shape...

At almost 47 years old, this injury will take awhile to heal, and could very well come back when he does go back into training, or even in the middle of a fight..
              He isnt as much a Gym rat as you think. I train at Upper Darby and Joe hands alongside nard. He isn't there as often as you think. He does a lot of running along Kelly Drive and eats at Sim Dum (the chinese restaurant directly around the corner from Joe Hands) every day/night. That's it.. thats his conditioning. His arm won't hinder that.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                He isnt as much a Gym rat as you think. I train at Upper Darby and Joe hands alongside nard. He isn't there as often as you think. He does a lot of running along Kelly Drive and eats at Sim Dum (the chinese restaurant directly around the corner from Joe Hands) every day/night. That's it.. thats his conditioning. His arm won't hinder that.
                You don't think he has his own personal equipment to train with, at home? Goes to the Fitness gym like Floyd?

Doesn't have to be Boxing related training. I doubt he just does running in between fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                  You don't think he has his own personal equipment to train with, at home? Goes to the Fitness gym like Floyd?

Doesn't have to be Boxing related training. I doubt he just does running in between fights.
                  He goes to LA fitness on Grant Avenue every once in a blue moon, I've gone with him and the rest of the Concrete Jungle (fighters of Schulers Gym, Richardsons Sons. Bear, Rock, and Tiger). It's not something he prefers. He's old school, he'd tell you in a heart beat that he prefers a good run and diet over anything else. He seriously only appears at the gym when its time to step into the ring pretty much and at that time it's made obvious that he'll be in attendance because they usually keep teh doors shut for most of us until he's finished.

I'm sure he has a ton of equipment that he can work with but I'm not sure how often he messes with it honestly. I think the hardest thing about this injury will be the rehabilitation. At his age he's lucky to.. i don't know.. even 70% of what it was without taking too much extra time off.

On a side note, Miami is like a second home to him and he does a LOT of training out there and spends a lot of time out there. So I could be wrong, he's probably a serious rat while in MIA, but he definitely isn't when he's here. All I know about his routines in Miami is that " It's safer driving his expensive cars, because the streets aren't filled with potholes so the rims stay good ". I've heard that line 100 times now LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                    This injury will be the descent of Hopkins.

He will not be able to train like he used too... he may stay in the gym, but what he can do will be significantly limited.

The main reason Hopkins stays successful at this age, is he never lets himself get "out of shape". He's always training, always in the gym.. so that when training camp comes, it's not such a huge impact on his body to go from out of shape, to fight shape... he goes from in shape... to fight shape.

It will be hard for him to stay "in shape" with this injury.

Sure... he can Run, do ab work etc... but you have to be able to do much more than that to be in in boxing shape...

At almost 47 years old, this injury will take awhile to heal, and could very well come back when he does go back into training, or even in the middle of a fight..
                    he'll be fine he only needs his right hand to whip dawsons ******ed ass anyway.

Comment

And here I thought he was just faking it and karma bit him in the ass.

Lets hope for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Working...
                      X