Collapse
No announcement yet.

RJJ that beat Ruiz would've defeat Tyson and he beats the Wlad that fought Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was cheating so there's no point discussing it.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      Not to be sarcastic... but Chambers has hand speed, and it ends there... Haye does not have better footwork, he isn't faster, he isn't more accurate, he doesn't have quicker reflexes...

Saying well.. these 3 guys couldn't do it so... doesn't really add up.

Again, we're talking about one of the quickest reflexive fighters in history, if not the absolute quickest.

And, again.. I'm not making a case for Roy beating Wladimir, but saying well these 3 couldn't so... isn't really proof of why Roy couldn't.

If Wlad doesn't knock him out (entirely possible) and it's a box fest... Wlad has an incredibly tougher time just straight out boxing Roy..
      Prime Roy could not be out boxed, period.

Comment

rjj vs 1989 tyson= tyson by ko early. old tyson rjj boxes his ears off stops him mid/late tyson has no heart. rjj that beat ruiz would be hw champ of the world right now imo. top 5 p4p fighters atg. beats anyone in history from 160-168. possibly even 175( not after he cut back down from heavy).

Comment

I am one of Roy Jones biggest fans, but he would not have beaten a prime Iron Mike.

I don't believe that for a second, and Roy Jones is perhaps one of the greatest boxers who has ever lived in his prime.

Tyson in his prime was a machine who MADE his opportunities to land. He was too systematic. Too sharp. Too powerful.

One solid shot from Tyson, who BTW was VERY fast for a HW, and Jones would have folded like a freshly pressed pair of pants.

When one has a chance, watch Jones/DelValle. DelValle put Jones on his asss with a perfectly placed hook. Now just imagine what kind of dividends a Tyson hook would have paid.

Tarver wasn't the first to put Jones down. Only the first to KEEP him down after he was shot. DelValle did it when Jones was VERY prime.

I said all that to say DelValle wasn't ever a better than average boxer. He managed to hurt and floor one of the greatest boxers to lace up. Tyson IMO was faster than DelValle, and packed a hell of a lot more thunder on his punches.

Tyson also was a moving target. he had the best bobbing and weaving movement of any HW IMO. Jones would have had a problem with that as Tyson could defend and then suddenly attack in what seemed like a split second.

Tyson was no Ruiz.

As I've said before, had Cus lived, Tyson would have been undefeated.

Comment

Was Roy's chin as good as Haye's back then? If your answer is yes then you're admitting Wlad wouldn't knock him out so now it's a question of who would outbox who. I don't think the Roy that fought Ruiz could be outboxed (except by Ali).

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
              I am one of Roy Jones biggest fans, but he would not have beaten a prime Iron Mike.

I don't believe that for a second, and Roy Jones is perhaps one of the greatest boxers who has ever lived in his prime.

Tyson in his prime was a machine who MADE his opportunities to land. He was too systematic. Too sharp. Too powerful.

One solid shot from Tyson, who BTW was VERY fast for a HW, and Jones would have folded like a freshly pressed pair of pants.

When one has a chance, watch Jones/DelValle. DelValle put Jones on his asss with a perfectly placed hook. Now just imagine what kind of dividends a Tyson hook would have paid.

Tarver wasn't the first to put Jones down. Only the first to KEEP him down after he was shot. DelValle did it when Jones was VERY prime.

I said all that to say DelValle wasn't ever a better than average boxer. He managed to hurt and floor one of the greatest boxers to lace up. Tyson IMO was faster than DelValle, and packed a hell of a lot more thunder on his punches.

Tyson also was a moving target. he had the best bobbing and weaving movement of any HW IMO. Jones would have had a problem with that as Tyson could defend and then suddenly attack in what seemed like a split second.

Tyson was no Ruiz.

As I've said before, had Cus lived, Tyson would have been undefeated.
              Unfortunately you wrote all of that without reading the opening post.

If Roy would've STAYED at HW... meaning 2003 version of Tyson... who in a sense had a punchers chance for about 4 rounds..

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                I believe had RJJ stayed heavyweight and had the megafight with Tyson he would have defeated Mike.

I also believe that version of Roy defeats the Wladimir Klitschko that beat Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post

Why?

2003 Tyson?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    Was Roy's chin as good as Haye's back then? If your answer is yes then you're admitting Wlad wouldn't knock him out so now it's a question of who would outbox who. I don't think the Roy that fought Ruiz could be outboxed (except by Ali).
                    Haye was in survival mode all night and lost nearly every round. That's not exactly a good fight to make the case for Roy here. I find it ridiculous that Jones is somehow going to outbox a 6ft5 240lb guy who rarely loses a round and knows how to fight tall with a long jab and a hard punch. Jones wouldn't even have a puncher's chance. Jones could have fought Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield or even Buster Douglas if he'd wanted to. The fact that he chose not to tells its own story.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                      Why?

2003 Tyson?
                      2010 Roy vs 2003 Tyson? Tyson wins without a doubt.

Comment

Working...
                      X