Collapse
No announcement yet.

RJJ that beat Ruiz would've defeat Tyson and he beats the Wlad that fought Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJJ has to be one of the most overrated fighters in history. Fantastic fighter but he does not beat any fighter in history and he does not beat the Klit brothers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
      RJJ has to be one of the most overrated fighters in history. Fantastic fighter but he does not beat any fighter in history and he does not beat the Klit brothers.
      LOL@overrated.

Roy Jones has probably done more in boxing in three years than most any boxer you could name. He fought Hopkins and beat him. He fought a P4P#1 a few fights later. Then he went up yet again to begin unifying an entire division that had all its belts scattered throughout the division.

What has your favorite fighter done in 3 years? You must be joking. No one has come as close to Ray Robinson as Roy Jones. Not even Chavez.

Comment

• LMAO @ Roy beating Wlad, FFS

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
          LOL@overrated.

Roy Jones has probably done more in boxing in three years than most any boxer you could name. He fought Hopkins and beat him. He fought a P4P#1 a few fights later. Then he went up yet again to begin unifying an entire division that had all its belts scattered throughout the division.

What has your favorite fighter done in 3 years? You must be joking. No one has come as close to Ray Robinson as Roy Jones. Not even Chavez.
          Like I said, hes a fantastic fighter. However the fact that people are saying he'd beat any fighter ever including Wlad is ridiculous and shows he is overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kid McCoy View Post
            How many times was Jones nailed like he was against Tarver? Multiply that by a thousand and that's how hard Tyson would be hitting him. Nothing in Jones' career suggests he could beat even the 2003 Tyson, who actually looked decent against Etienne that year. But the bottom line with fights like this is if Jones had really fancied his chances it wouldn't just be a fantasy fight...
            Looked great because a caught a no hoper within a few seconds? Nevermind dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              A far removed from prime Holy even then I would say and this is the best version of Ruiz.
              Evander had just drawn and lost a competitive fight with the atg Lennox Lewis. He was still very much a live dog even if he wasn't at his absolute best. That win cannot be discredited.

Comment

RJJ has to be one of the most overrated fighters in history. Fantastic fighter but he does not beat any fighter in history and he does not beat the Klit brothers.
                As much as I like the Rock, Marciano was actually the most overrated heavyweight of all time. He's a CW by todays standards and while I do think he would have possibly beaten Ali based on the Frazier fights, he would not have stood a chance in the 90's and 00's. The fighters are just too big and too technical.

As far as Jones goes, he won all of his fights until he was 35 with two atg wins on his resume. If you had really paid attention to him in his prime, it's impossible to say he was overrated. If anything he's severely underrated now.

Comment

Like I said, hes a fantastic fighter. However the fact that people are saying he'd beat any fighter ever including Wlad is ridiculous and shows he is overrated.
                  I don't recall anyone saying that. The TS just said old Tyson and Wlad. Most people with sense know Wlad is too technical and big but the Tyson fight was debatable for a fight in 2003-2004. That's all.

And I will say this, if Jones had beat Tyson and went back and retired on the Tarver win, he would probably be a myth right now and considered a top 3 p4p greatest of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearman3000 View Post
                    I could convince myself that a absolute prime RJJ beats anyone at any weight.

Same here primee RJJ was insane

Comment

Personally, at his best I don't doubt that Jones could have beaten Wlad.

There is nothing special about Wlad. Chris Byrd showed that a skillful little man could give the Klitschkos trouble, and Byrd was no Roy Jones.

Lamon Brewtser was no Roy Jones and he knocked Wlad out.

So think about what you're saying.

I don't think that Roy could have beaten EVERYBODY, but outside of the HW division he's definitely one of the best to ever have done it. We're talking top 5 here.

Back in a different era, HW's weren't Chernobyl radiation mutates who stand over 6'7. I think Jones could have done well in that era.

But keep in mind my man, Wlad and Vitali have only done as well as they have because they arrived in a talentless, dead division. Its been dead since Tyson feel off the top of the mountain.

Proof?

Tyson was still the main attraction at HW even WAAAAYYY passed the point in which he was able to compete at the top level. Don King knew that he could have held a jump rope competition, and as long as he attached Mike Tyson's name to it the PPV would sell out.

Tyson/Holyfield, Tyson/Lewis and everything since Tyson stopped training and started partying with his entourage in 1989 was a hyped up farce.

Yet, they kept that man in the ring fighting to sell, sell, sell what these other HWs couldn't sell on their own. Tickets, PPVs and the hearts and minds of boxing fans everywhere.

Loved Holyfield, Lennox was a pompous fraud, and Bowe was a coward. If you rolled all three of those men up together their star power couldn't pack half a stadium. Neither can the Klitschkos or any other boxer since Tyson.

So don't think that the Klitschkos are unbeatable because they are facing the likes of Samuel Peter and Hasim Rahman. They are basically beating club fighters and getting treated like Ali by those who have an agenda and don't judge boxing by the merits.

Jones would have a better than average chance if Byrd stood any chance at all.

And he did.

Comment

Working...
                      X