Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez "Im confident the Mayweather fight will be finalized in a few weeks"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bombs View Post
    Oh surprise Floyd fighting another grandpa. Martinez showed his age last fight if a relatively green guy can stand his own and bust up Martinez face.. Mayweather will run circles and give Martinez a jabfest. He won't be able to keep up with Floyds running.
    You are the biggest Floyd hater on this site. Martinez is old and past it?!?!

My god!!! You pac fans are getting desperate. As every day passes that Manny still and his camp still can't get their s**t together witht he drug testing, Floyd is one-upping him. Floyd fought Mosley (coming off KO Margarito), while Pac fought Clottey and Margarito. Floyd fought Ortiz (young, in his prime, coming off wins), while Pac fought Marquez. Now, Floyd seems to be fighting Sergio (better than he has EVER beent he last 2-3 years and #3 P4P).

Now Sergio is a grandpa??? Man, get the f**k out of here!

If Pac manned up and fought Sergio, you'd herald it as the greatest fight in the history of boxing, and a huge risk. But, if Floyd does it, it's a cherry pick. This s**t is getting old.

Once Floyd fights Sergio and beats him, none of you Floyd haters or Pac fans can say s**T!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Second dumbest post of the day. Maybe first. Is this a shtick? I sure hope so.
      Actually, even though that guy might be a *******, his post has some merit to it.

Even Mex Kellerman would think so, and he is a known admirer of Slick, technical Boxers like Pernell & Mayweather:

Comment

• If Floyd fights Martinez next it will be crazy. No one can deny that Sergio is a risk for Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
          If Floyd fights Martinez next it will be crazy. No one can deny that Sergio is a risk for Floyd.
          Unless it's Delahoya vs Pacquiao-esque. I can see the danger of Sergio outboxing him. But if he is forced to shrink down, and ends up in a similar state as Oscar, then he won't be that dangerous now will he.

If Floyd allows Sergio to come in at the 160 Middleweight Limit (Sergio can still choose to come in lighter. He was 158 Vs Barker & Dzinziruk, 157 Vs Williams), with Floyd coming in at whatever he is comfortable at between 155-160, and he beats Sergio, it will reignite my nuthugging love for Floyd again, and I will become a hardcore *****.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            It would be at 154, bud.
            Why would Floyd give him an extra 4 pounds to work with? The offer that's on the table for Floyd it's at 150. Floyd will not be stupid enough to say "nah let me go ahead and give you an extra advantage"

He didn't get to this stage by making stupid decisions.

Comment

• It would be at 154lb IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                Unless it's Delahoya vs Pacquiao-esque. I can see the danger of Sergio out-fighting him. But if he is forced to shrink down, and ends up in a similar state as Oscar, then he won't be that dangerous now will he.

If Floyd allows Sergio to come in at the 160 Middleweight Limit (Sergio can still choose to come in lighter. He was 158 Vs Barker & Dzinziruk, 157 Vs Williams), with Floyd coming in at whatever he is comfortable at between 155-160, and he beats Sergio, it will reignite my nuthugging love for Floyd again, and I will become a hardcore *****.
                Fixed. . Now that's just pushing it. No way he would give up that advantage. 160lb is way too much. 154lb is very much more likely.
                Last edited by Carpe Diem; 10-20-2011, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                  It would be at 154lb IMO.
                  Be honest, why would you say that? Because, you want it to be at that weight? Or do you have a legit reason for thinking it would be there?

The offer that Martinez sent to Floyd is at 150. Why would Floyd give him an extra 4 pounds to work with?

Unless Martinez asking for a extra money at 150 and Floyd would give him less money to make it 154. It's the only scenario I can see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                    Oh surprise Floyd fighting another grandpa. Martinez showed his age last fight if a relatively green guy can stand his own and bust up Martinez face.. Mayweather will run circles and give Martinez a jabfest. He won't be able to keep up with Floyds running.
                    Yeah? The last time I checked Mayweather fought a young 24 year old Victor Ortiz. The last time I checked Pacquiao fought an old gramps Shane Mosley. The last time I checked Pacquiao will fight another old gramps named Juan Manuel Marquez. The last time I checked Sergio Martinez is the middleweight king and the #3 Pound for Pound. Don't be ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      Be honest, why would you say that? Because, you want it to be at that weight? Or do you have a legit reason for thinking it would be there?

The offer that Martinez sent to Floyd is at 150. Why would Floyd give him an extra 4 pounds to work with?

Unless Martinez asking for a extra money at 150 and Floyd would give him less money to make it 154. It's the only scenario I can see.
                      What makes you think it would be at 150lb as if it's written in stone? Even with all the rumors out there, we can't specifically verify if it would indeed take place at 150lb. We can't tell for sure, only Floyd knows what weight he would want it to be at. Right now, we can only speculates.

Comment

Working...
                      X