Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Article about Pacquiao on Playboy Magazine!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Article about Pacquiao on Playboy Magazine!

http://www.playboy.com/magazine/play...manny-pacquiao

Playboy thrashes Mayweather for Ducking!

Pac wont call Floyd a chicken! Coz Pac breeds fighting roosters! His chicken actually fights with no fear! Unlike Floyd! I guess from now on, I just call Floys a duck or a coward!

In the end, the factors that make *Pacquiao vs. Mayweather an irresistible match—their contrasting styles and personalities, their dominant records and the lack of worthy foes—mean less than nothing to Mayweather. A modern American solipsist, he thinks the universe revolves around him. While Manny Pacquiao builds hospitals, lobbies Congress and literally prays for his people, Money Mayweather complains that the judges conspired against him on Dancing With the Stars.

“What can I do?” Pacquiao asks. “If it happens, it will be a great fight. Maybe the greatest. If it never happens….”

Pacquiao sits on a couch outside his nap room in the Cooyeesan Hotel Plaza. His eyes are steady, dark and deep. When I ask if he’d like to pass a law to make *Mayweather fight him, he looks puzzled. Irony’s not his thing. When I ask if Mayweather is chicken, Pacquiao draws a blank. Chicken meaning scared doesn’t translate. But it gets him musing about cockfighting.

“I like the sport,” he says. “I like the roosters. It’s like boxing—the rooster has to be in shape. He has to train for the fight, and he has to have so much fight in his heart.”

Comment

Pacquiao’s long-awaited fight with his only worthy rival, the unbeaten Mayweather, could make boxing the world’s top sports story for the first time since Mike Tyson was busting heads and chewing ears. It would be the biggest fight since the Ali-Frazier “Thrilla in Manila” in 1975—if it ever happens. Which it may not, due to money, venue, drug testing and a dozen other reasons, all of which really boil down to one reason: *Mayweather is afraid he might lose.

Mayweather worries that Pacquiao will ruin his perfect 41–0 record, if not his ribs and jaw. Why else would Floyd “Money” Mayweather turn down the biggest payday in sports history?

“I’m the best ever, and I fight only the best,” Mayweather told me. He was getting a facial at the time, talking big while a Vegas beautician thumbed his zits. He scooted sideways to make room for his fanny pack, which held $34,000 in *$100 bills. (He also has a $50,000 diamond-encrusted platinum iPod.) The cash was Money Mayweather’s idea of pocket change—in case he saw a watch or gold chain he liked or felt like betting $10,000 on two or three NFL games. “Pacquiao’s a southpaw, unorthodox,” he went on. “He can punch, but I’m more precise. I’ll fight Pacquiao and I’ll beat him.”

That was two years ago, and Mayweather has been ducking his Manny-fist destiny ever since. Maybe he’s afraid he’ll lay an egg.

Comment

After the most one-sided decision in recent boxing history, the champ shrugged. “What am I going to do if my opponent doesn’t want to fight? It’s not my fault.” Then he, Jinkee and their Filipino crew went out to celebrate. Paris Hilton tweeted, “Pac-Man is an incredible fighter! Wow…Manny & his wife Jinkee. Love them ” The neon city pounded with music, dance steps, laser light and Jäger shots while the bout’s few highlights ran over and over on a thousand monitors, ESPN pundits wondering why men like Shane Mosley and Floyd Mayweather kept avoiding Pacquiao inside the ring and out. After all, Mosley and Mayweather weren’t defenseless kittens. They’d collected a dozen world titles in eight weight classes. Both had held the unofficial title Pacquiao now owns: best pound-for-pound fighter alive. The unbeaten Mayweather might still be the best technical boxer of his time: best defense, best footwork, best counterpunch. Even after losing to Pacquiao and admitting he was awed by Pacquiao’s power, Mosley said Mayweather might be “technically better.”

So why would Money Mayweather spend two years ducking Pacquiao? Why not money up for the fight of the century?
        Maybe because boxers have spies. They have flunkies, gofers, managers, agents and subagents, trainers and ex-trainers, masseurs and masseuses and old sparring partners, all sending gossip from the other guy’s camp. And what Mayweather has heard from Camp Pacquiao can only worry him, because the more you find out about the short stick of dynamite from GenSan City, the more superhuman he seems.

Comment

great find!

Comment

Stop running away Floyd.

Comment

Wow all are facts. I hope floyd find his balls to fight pac.

Comment

same ol' same ol'

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post

Pac wont call Floyd a chicken! Coz Pac breeds fighting roosters! His chicken actually fights with no fear! Unlike Floyd! I guess from now on, I just call Floys a duck or a coward!
                  Even playboy thinks Floyd is ducking lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post

After the most one-sided decision in recent boxing history, the champ shrugged. “What am I going to do if my opponent doesn’t want to fight? It’s not my fault.” Then he, Jinkee and their Filipino crew went out to celebrate. Paris Hilton tweeted, “Pac-Man is an incredible fighter! Wow…Manny & his wife Jinkee. Love them ” The neon city pounded with music, dance steps, laser light and Jäger shots while the bout’s few highlights ran over and over on a thousand monitors, ESPN pundits wondering why men like Shane Mosley and Floyd Mayweather kept avoiding Pacquiao inside the ring and out.

Comment

Working...
                    X