Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Pirog: Sergio Martinez Won't Fight For $6 Million!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Pirog: Sergio Martinez Won't Fight For $6 Million!

The promotional team of WBO middleweight champion Dmitry Pirog (19-0, 15KOs), is convinced that Sergio Martinez (48-2-2, 27KOs), the WBC's Diamond champion, will do everything possible to avoid a potential unification in 2012. Pirog's team made a recent offer to Martinez, reportedly $3 million, for a unification showdown in Russia. Martinez's promoter, Lou DiBella, countered with a $6 million dollar demand.

[Click Here To Read More]

I can see it now. People in here will be saying Martinez turned down 6 mil, but that wasn't offered if you read the article.

Only two reasons I can see why. The fight would be in Russia. Why would Martinez go to Russia and fight for a little more then he would make with HBO here. The other would be he actually is negotiating a fight with Mayweather.

I guess there is a 3rd option. He's ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by Battle*Hardened View Post
      Only two reasons I can see why. The fight would be in Russia. Why would Martinez go to Russia. The other would be he actually is negotiating a fight with Mayweather.

I guess there is a 3rd option. He's ducking.
      aye. . . antonio margarito aka poppa tony is just so disgusted at his sons cowardice right about now. . . STRAIGHT SWERVED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
        aye. . . antonio margarito aka poppa tony is just so disgusted at his sons cowardice right about now. . . STRAIGHT SWERVED!!!
        Your a dumbass. Leave my thread.

Comment

Woah. That's a lot of money. For him to refuse an amount that much, only ascertains my belief that a Mayweather vs Martinez fight is in the making - please god be true!

Comment

Originally posted by Battle*Hardened View Post
            Your a dumbass. Leave my thread.
            eaaasy there little fella!

poor little guy! actually thinks he's battle hardened! awwww!

also thinks it's his thread! THIS IS BIG POPPA PUMPS THREAD!
            Last edited by UglyPug; 10-17-2011, 11:15 AM.

Comment

I don't think this fight will happen. Martinez is already pricing himself out ..........

Comment

as I said few days ago.) and now 3Mil is not enough for 32mins boxing.

He will fight Mayweather..and lose to him. (for his legacy)
                Then Promotional company and documentary will be about him, where he will make way more $.

duck4p king

Comment

aha, now I understand why they took the Darren Barker fight for $ 600k, and refusing Pirog for $3 million, to make Martinez look good ahead of a Mayweather fight that will give Martinez / DiBella $10-15 million..smart business but please be fair to the boxing fans while you still have us.. I been looking more and more @ UFC recently...

Comment

Don't see Martinez not fighting for 3 million let alone 6 million. Something is up, either Martinez is working on a better offer or the contractual report is not true

Comment

Working...
                    X