No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wright: Dawson Would Dominate Hopkins in a Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
    It's irrelevant. He could not continue. Dislocated bones are not the type of injury that you can fight through against strong opponents. Sure Danny Williams did it against a nobody, but in a top level championship fight? People suggesting Hopkins should be able to fight on for 10 rounds with 1 arm are morons.

Compubox shows Dawson being outlanded by Hopkins. Funny way of "dominating"...

See it for what it is. A freak incident, a freak injury. Dawson should just acknowledge the nature of it, say it is unfortunate but he did not intend it (i.e. call a spade a spade) and rematch on HBO (screw PPV).
    All three judges gave Dawson the first round, and rightfully so because Dawson won that round convincingly. The second round, no significant punches were land by either boxer. One thing is clear, Dawson was walking Hopkins down, and Hopkins throughout the fight was fighting off his back-foot. Now is that any indication that Dawson would have won the fight convincingly, obviously not, but that blame goes for Hopkins for quitting.
    Last edited by Boxingwizard; 10-17-2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Actually he was in Dawsons camp helping him train and game plan. So this would be part of ''HIS OWN CAREER'. And he should be estatic considering he was the victim of B-Hop's dirtiest assault period after he had the man move from middle weight straight to light heavy, then to top it off had Ray Charles referee. I think you should show a little more respect to a very classy ring general like Winky a little more respect, I'm just saying

Comment

Liiiiiiiiiiiisssssssstennn(in DJ Khaled's voice) lol The OLD man Quit!!!! that's it!!!!! no excuses!!!!! You're telling me, that if a professional boxer gets tripped and falls on a padded surface he won't get up and fight? He did not dislocate anything, the old man was already struggling with Chad, every time he came in with his head, he expected Chad to back up, but Chad was too strong, young and had the right game plan. The old man quit hoping he would keep his belt in a no contest and go fight someone else. His plan back fired on him, Dawson deserves this belt and there should be no rematch cuz Dawson would win via ankle sprain. lol

Comment

Working...
        X