Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions For Boss ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY After The Dawson-BHOP Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually agreed with the ref at first that they were both at fault and hence both fouls canceled each other out; B-Hop jumped on top of Dawson's back and Dawson pushed him off.

The problem was that in the replay you can clearly see Dawson reach behind Hopkins legs which made it less of a push then a tackle/throw.

You did a great job Ice, Dawson looked prime and ready and i expect him to win in a rematch, just as long as he doesn't get pulled into another dirty fight, because if there's anything that Hopkins can do better then Dawson at this stage of his career, is fight dirty.

Comment

Yea, he's mastered that LOL..but, also, realize that Chad instinctively grabbed Hops leg but CLEARLY let it go almost instantly...

Comment

Were you ever concerned with the straight right hand plus possible clash of heads combo that B Hop uses?

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
          Yea, he's mastered that LOL..but, also, realize that Chad instinctively grabbed Hops leg but CLEARLY let it go almost instantly...
          Hopkins also pulled his knee in Chad's chest for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
            Were you ever concerned with the straight right hand plus possible clash of heads combo that B Hop uses?
            ha, EXACTLY...not only did B-Hop use that in the fight against us but I specifically talked to the ref the night before the fight about that exact "combination"

Comment

Hey John thanks for coming on here and taking the time to answer questions very much appreciated. I have full respect for Dawson as a fighter, and believe he IS indeed one of the elite talents. I just got a couple questions, how do you prepare to deal with someone like Hopkins, who is a great ring general and can maintain distance very well with subtle feints, footwork etc etc. Also how would you of handled, and told Chad to do if a pattern emerged where Dawson couldn't get his jab going, and Hopkins was pot shotting him, stealing rounds so to speak? Just curious. My quick input on this fight as a hopkins and Dawson fan is that this fight if it were to of finished, would of been a long indecisive full 12 round fight, because of the style contrast. Dawson would of been srtuggling to find the range and distance for his jab, therefor wouldn't really be able to get off any combinations. Just my take, thanks John, ikf you could get back to me on these questions, it'd be very appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                This is what a lot of people aren't talking about.

Yes, he grabbed behind his leg. But he also let it go pretty quickly, and pushed off with his shoulder.

Comment

Good stuff..

Comment

ICEMAN how many days or weeks before a fight should a boxer stop having sex?

what about jacking off? should it be prohibited too when in training?

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
                      Hey John thanks for coming on here and taking the time to answer questions very much appreciated. I have full respect for Dawson as a fighter, and believe he IS indeed one of the elite talents. I just got a couple questions, how do you prepare to deal with someone like Hopkins, who is a great ring general and can maintain distance very well with subtle feints, footwork etc etc. Also how would you of handled, and told Chad to do if a pattern emerged where Dawson couldn't get his jab going, and Hopkins was pot shotting him, stealing rounds so to speak? Just curious. My quick input on this fight as a hopkins and Dawson fan is that this fight if it were to of finished, would of been a long indecisive full 12 round fight, because of the style contrast. Dawson would of been srtuggling to find the range and distance for his jab, therefor wouldn't really be able to get off any combinations. Just my take, thanks John, ikf you could get back to me on these questions, it'd be very appreciated.
                      I will answer these ASAP...

Comment

Working...
                      X