No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nathan Cleverly Beats Tony Bellew in a War of Wills

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Kong View Post
    Anyone with any refinement would choose to watch Hopkins against any world class opponent long before watching those two slug it out.
    im not sure everyone will agree.

hopkins has been in some really bad fights.

Comment

Cleverly and DeGale will never hold anything other than a Frank Warren WBO joke belt.

Great fight though.

Comment

I had it 114-114, great little scrap hope to see a rematch down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by amonb View Post
          Go watch Calzaghe vs Hopkins and re-watch this fight and tell me who looks like championship level fighters!!!!!
          As ugly as that fight was, it's easy to tell from watching Calzaghe-Hopkins that both combatants are technically leagues above the like of Stupidly and Bellspew.

So you and STJ have no point whatsoever.

If we were talking about a "brawl" fought at a high skill level, ie. Vazquez-Marquez, I'd concede your point. But we're talking about Cleverly-Bellew, which was a fun but pretty sloppy fight.

Comment

I don't get why I'm seeing hate after the war these two gave today. I came into this a Cleverly fan, and leave a bigger fan. Bellew would present most of the top brass at 175 with a tough test. I want to see a rematch down the road, but I think it's on to bigger and better things for the WBO champ.

Comment

Good fight and a great atmosphere. I thought Bellew had just nicked it at the time, il have to watch it again on telly and score it again.
              Good fight though, wouldn't mind seeing a re-match.

Comment

Just watched the reply now on box nation. I think Cleverly nicked it.

Bellew looked like he had the fight in rounds he was controlling with his jab. I predicted Bellew to outbox Clev. I think if committed to that jab and didn't get 'greedy' as Adam Booth would put it - he would have won clearly.

Bellew is a hardman though.

Comment

Originally posted by King Kong View Post
                  As ugly as that fight was, it's easy to tell from watching Calzaghe-Hopkins that both combatants are technically leagues above the like of Stupidly and Bellspew.

So you and STJ have no point whatsoever.

If we were talking about a "brawl" fought at a high skill level, ie. Vazquez-Marquez, I'd concede your point. But we're talking about Cleverly-Bellew, which was a fun but pretty sloppy fight.
                  both? i wouldn't say that. calzaghe looked like an amateur who couldn't even hit his opponent. hopkins guarded himself from the wide slaps and landed all the clean punches(boxing) but they rewarded the tard for swinging at air constantly.
                  Last edited by daggum; 10-15-2011, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Was a good showing by Bellew that makes me think Enzo Mac could blast out Cleverly if he can get down to 175. Make that fight!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      both? i wouldn't say that. calzaghe looked like an amateur who couldn't even hit his opponent. hopkins guarded himself from the wide slaps and landed all the clean punches(boxing) but they rewarded the tard for swinging at air constantly.
                      Wow, I can see you still can't get over the fact that Joe whooped Hopkins a$$. And it really is not healthy for you to hold on to all the resentments and hostility.

Comment

Working...
                      X