Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale's Chin Tested By Wilczewski, Wins EBU Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeGale, like most English fighters, is not elite.

Comment

I think DeGale still has what it takes but needs a different trainer. I don't care how techincally astute McDonnell is, DeGale would benefit a lot more going with a proven world class trainer.

He should go to America like Jeffries did, he has the talent and potential to do well.. best not waste it.

Comment

great fight and a great performance from DeGale, he showed a bit of everything tonight.

Comment

DeGale to be fair has only had 12 fights. However, what tonight proved was a strongish, but very limited guy caused him all sorts of bother.

Tonight's shown me he can be beaten off the back foot (Groves) and front foot (tonight - against a stronger fighter.

Can he win a World Title? Yes, against the right opponent. Is he ready for Kessler - absolutely no way!

DeGale's problem is he likes to fight at his own pace and, secondly - is a rhythm fighter.

Fights in spots and periods - top guys will study him, work it out and that's that.

Comment

To be fair he did what he had to do coming off the back of a loss. He's only had 12 fights. No where near Kessler, Froch or Bute but he could beat Allan Green now.

Comment

He needs to pick up the phone and have a conversation with Freddie Roach. Ditto Cleverly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                I really wonder if this guy has any shot at beating anybody decent..I wonder if he could beat green,or even a Bika or Miranda??
                Hes only had 12 fights....

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Hes only had 12 fights....
                  He's been boxing his entire life.

Comment

Originally posted by S.J. II View Post
                    He's been boxing his entire life.
                    Whats your point???

Comment

People seem to forget that this is only his 12th fight of his career so some of the Briticism hes receiving seems to me to be a bit stupid and just plain hating on him what more can you expect from him hes already European champion at twelve fights his loss came in a very close contest from another decent fighter wow im very proud that hes a British fighter representing our country hes certainly not taking the easy road fighting bums this pole dude was no mug another great step for a 12 fight novice I personally think that degale would do a job on kessler any day of the week. needs a new trainer though needs a real world class trainer american preferably.

Comment

Working...
                      X