No announcement yet.

Makes no sense for Floyd to fight Sergio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makes no sense for Floyd to fight Sergio

When all he has to do is wait a couple of more weeks and get Pacquiao. Sergio is higher risk less reward. "Man without a country" with not much fanbase. Don't even think he ever been on PPV. Sergio is much bigger and maybe as skilled as this version of Pacquiao whom Floyd is reluctant to fight. It just doesn't make financial sense..

Originally posted by SungLong7inDong View Post
    When all he has to do is wait a couple of more weeks and get Pacquiao. Sergio is higher risk less reward. "Man without a country" with not much fanbase. Don't even think he ever been on PPV. Sergio is much bigger and maybe as skilled as this version of Pacquiao whom Floyd is reluctant to fight. It just doesn't make financial sense..
    wtf.. its the best fight out there to make lol who else should he fight! sergio p4p number 3

Comment

this would really show every one who is the best sergio is better than pacquiao

Comment

I think it's a way bigger risk to fight Sergio than to fight manny. However I also think if Floyd does fight Sergio than it pisses on any fight manny could take and by doing so Floyd and manny fight will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
          I think it's a way bigger risk to fight Sergio than to fight manny. However I also think if Floyd does fight Sergio than it pisses on any fight manny could take and by doing so Floyd and manny fight will never happen.
          This right here ^

Comment

I believe Floyd when he says he is willing to fight the best out there... He just always forgets to say as long as Arum isn't their promoter!!

I find it odd that a man can go his ENTIRE career fighting the best and then get labeled a ducker toward the late-prime/peak years...

If the deal with Sergio is really on the table and Floyd fights him (let alone boxes his ears off) then we have to call it what it like it is... Ain't no ducking, just business and the CEO of Top Rank has been at the center of all of the bull****.

Comment

When all he has to do is wait a couple of more weeks and get Pacquiao.
              As if. Pacquiao will be fighting Bradley next, Arum is only using Mayweather's name to hype his guy up and keep attention on him.

Mayweather is right to continue on with his career. If he won't be afforded the opportunity to beat Pacquiao head-to-head, he'll beat him by fighting better opponents and making more money.

THAT SAID, I strongly, strongly doubt he will fight Sergio next. It'll be Khan in the latter half of 2012, I'd bet my house on it.

Comment

floyd will not fight pacquiao for whatever reason.

the only competitive fight out there for floyd is sergio.

nobody is going to pay $70 to watch floyd fight another huge underdog. how do we know this? cause the PPV # for floyd/ortiz are still a guarded secret.

Comment

Floyd Martinez is the biggest fight that can be made outside of Floyd-Pacman. It outsells every other fight too. It also puts Floyd head & shoulders above Pacman legacy wise. Simply put Floyd-Martines is the biggest fight left for Floyd, period.

Comment

You can't seriously say Floyd is fighting Sergio and avoiding a Pac fight this May, like Mayweather isn't waiting for Pac to get done.

Wake up!!!! Bradley is already in line to fight Pac next, Top Rank and Bradley just won't say it. Same thing happened with Margarito, Mosley, and Marquez (even JMM said he was contacted in April 2011 about a third fight with Pac). Arum doesn't want to make a Floyd fight, I don't care what anyone says. We have 3 different stances on drug testing in the Pac camp, Arum is lining up opponents when he is supposedly trying to make a fight with Floyd, it's bulls**t. Either Pac is on PED's and is just avoiding drug testing, he's getting horrid advice from his team, or Arum straight doesn't want to make the fight because he's not done milking Manny. It's one of the three.

Now let all the Pac fans say "Martinez sucked, Mayweather is avoiding Pac", I can't wait!!! Pac said he'd fight Sergio at 150, to which Sergio agreed....no word from Pac.

Comment

Working...
                    X