Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well they can waste as many letters as they want but the fact is he is officially the champ and there is nothing they can do about it. He deserves the belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post

(What's going on with boxing? The sport is being killed by repeated, high-profile controversy. In the past month alone: Mayweather's distasteful KO of Ortiz; Hernandez's questionable victory over Cunningham; Dawson's unjust "victory" over Hopkins. To quote Shakespeare: "When sorrows come, they come not single spies, but in battalions.")
      Everything should be back to normal after the Donaire and Pacquiao fights. They pretty much won't leave bad tasting controversies or doubts on this high profile fights.

Comment

• Hopkins is a dirty fighter that's why i don't have a problem with a TKO win for Dawson

Comment

• If I was Dawson I wouldn't feel right getting the title that way. But thats just me.

Comment

• why even posting this ****? Hopkins quit - Dawson wins

Comment

• this is a joke. it should be reversed by wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                Well they can waste as many letters as they want but the fact is he is officially the champ and there is nothing they can do about it. He deserves the belt.
                Originally posted by -uppercut- View Post
                Hopkins is a dirty fighter that's why i don't have a problem with a TKO win for Dawson
                Originally posted by vick_ramalot View Post
                why even posting this ****? Hopkins quit - Dawson wins
                Bernard has a history of dirty fighting and play-acting, but that doesn't make what happened on Saturday correct. Chad didn't win that fight via boxing rules. Hopkins somewhat charged Dawson, then Chad clearly tackled his opponent. Bernard dislocated his shoulder due to Dawson's actions. If Hopkins had injured himself during the course of a boxing exchange, or even with no contact, the outcome would've been justified. If you want to call it karma, fine. As it is, the fight should've been ruled a no-contest.

And, really, Chad acting self-righteous and deserving of the belt was embarrassing to himself and the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth View Post
                  If I was Dawson I wouldn't feel right getting the title that way. But thats just me.
                  No real champion could feel good about that "victory". Chad was quite capable of winning the title legitimately. If anything, Dawson should've felt cheated that he didn't have the chance to convincingly beat an ATG for all to see. They probably won't reverse the outcome, but I hope they do.

Comment

• Yes it should and will be reversed, but enough of the coming to Hopkins's defense crap. This was karma biting him in the ass finally, courtesy of Bad Chad Dawson.

I'm also sick of people acting like fights have never ended the way Mayweather-Ortiz and Dawson-Hopkins did. There's been far worse, those two fights are not signs that the sport is tanking. They are just two unfortunate outcomes close together.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      No real champion could feel good about that "victory". Chad was quite capable of winning the title legitimately. If anything, Dawson should've felt cheated that he didn't have the chance to convincingly beat an ATG for all to see. They probably won't reverse the outcome, but I hope they do.
                      He did feel cheated. He was extremely angry after that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X