Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“BELIEVE IT OR NOT” BLACK FIGHTERS DON’T DRAW! ,, (by Pedro Fernandez)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest draw right now is a black fighter, the most famous boxers of all time are black for the most part. The difference between black americans and mexicans/puerto ricans/flips is that they only get behind one or two fighters, which is understandable because blacks represent the poorest segment of the US population so they have to pick and choose which PPV they're gonna buy or which fight they're gonna attend. Not that complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan25 View Post
      and your not black no matter how hard you try to be......you will never be black
      And you're point is?

African Americans and Cubans are the best boxers by far. My favorite boxers are black, so what? My favorite baseball players are white [Paul O'Neill], Puerto Rican[Bernie Williams], Panamanian[Mariano Rivera] and black/European[Jeter]. My favorite actor is Italian/American[Al Pacino]. I am not nationalistic, I just acknowledge who the best is. And lol at me trying to be black, i'm far from trying to be black. Just cause i'm not a racist like 95% of Boxingscene, makes me a black wannabe? Okay

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        And you're point is?

African Americans and Cubans are the best boxers by far. My favorite boxers are black, so what? My favorite baseball players are white [Paul O'Neill], Puerto Rican[Bernie Williams], Panamanian[Mariano Rivera] and black/European[Jeter]. My favorite actor is Italian/American[Al Pacino]. I am not nationalistic, I just acknowledge who the best is. And lol at me trying to be black, i'm far from trying to be black. Just cause i'm not a racist like 95% of Boxingscene, makes me a black wannabe? Okay
        ****** puto

Comment

I think this has been said and proven time after time (regarding title of thread).

And yes, Floyd is a draw today but he was only a true draw after he fought Delahoya. Before that Floyd too was having a difficult time selling out an arena.

I do think the Staples will be a close sell out or sell out, because you have boxing fans in or near L.A, that want to see a boxing match. It happened when Lewis fought Klitchko.

Comment

Originally posted by LaMexicanMigra View Post
            Julioo Cesar Chavez vs. Oscar DelaHoya (1996).

Closed Circuit PPV buys were astronomical.
            It sold-out many theaters, that they had to open newer ones a week before the fight.
            Damn, that fight brings back memories.

Went to see the fight at a Middle School. The gym, had a huge screen, easliy, over 3 hundred people packed into the gym. Sucks for the people who had to view Chavez vs. Delahoya in a reg. class room on a reg. tv because the gym was packed. They sold out big time and made tons of money, i don't think we'll see that again anytime soon.

Comment

Surprised Fernandez' quote is causing any sort of uproar. He's right, everyone knows that. Aside from Mayweather, there aren't too many African-American fighters who draw. That speaks to what the fighter's constituency follows. African-Americans are drawn to basketball and football for obvious reasons. Those in the Philippines are drawn to boxing for that very same reason. Countries like Mexico, etc. follow soccer and boxing more for...the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                ****** puto
                You god damn hype job.

Comment

****** puto
                  Suck a dick, pussy.

Comment

****** puto
                    Fuck off.

Comment

****** puto
                      Honestly People like -Kev- got punked by black kids growing up, likely since he couldnt defend himself and got tired of giving away his lunch money as a kid to people of color, he sold out to them..... I mean if you cant beat em.... join em...

Comment

Working...
                      X