Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mayweather really God gifted?? Or does he just bust his asss?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Mayweather really God gifted?? Or does he just bust his asss?!

Floyd says he's God gifted, but I must say I disagree. I think Floyd just trains his assss off. When I think of people who are God gifted, I think of guys who have a lot of natural power and stamina. Guys like Prince Naseem, who doesn't really put that much work into training, but will get knockouts. Basically, people who were born with natural gifts. They say punching power is born and not made. So that would be considered a gift from God. The person didn't work for that natural power. That person was already born with it. But I feel like Floyd actually works and trains his asss off. I mean, to be honest, I've never seen a harder worker than Floyd. Even when he does have all that money, he trains like he's broke.

No one will ever be one of the greatest of an era without being very, very talented. Obviously hard work is needed to get that far as well, but only one of those components isn't enough.

Comment

Both.

Ring IQ like his is impossible to train into yourself. At his level, it's too reactive to just be the result of training or drilling.

Comment

To be a smart fighter is one thing. But to match brains with brawn....man, that's a whole nother animal.

Comment

The one thing people overlook is Floyd's conditioning. He always finishes the fights stronger than his opponents. His defense allows him to conserve energy whilst making his opponents work even harder and this causes them to gas out during the second half of the fight.

Floyd's ring IQ is second to none in boxing right now. His ability to adjust in fights allows him to control the tempo and eventually his opponents lose faith.

But after everything is said and done, Floyd is the complete boxer. Only if had the power to match he could have easily been an ATG.

Comment

I dont doubt that floyd trains hard, but because he dont film himself, where do people judge how hard Floyd trains? Its all secretive with him!

I dont know if he is fitter than everyone as well. He finishes fights stronger sometimes because his opponents punch themselves out trying to knock him on the chin, rather than the abs. And floyd dont throw that many punches as well from what ive seen. Against Ortiz he threw more than usual. So Ortiz was going to come on strong in that fight if anyone was going to come on strong.

He isnt god gifted.

Comment

Both. Like his long ******ed unnatural reach for his height.

Comment

Floyds defense skills & ring IQ are god gifted...

Prince Naseem was a ****in showman...not saying that he was a bum he was also mad talented but people are thinking cause he was exciting to watch and nearly only fought bums that he is a ATG or stuff like that...Mayweather is maybe not that exciting to watch for casuals but he would beat Naseem EASY...and guys who know the sport know that...

Comment

......do you mean god gifted in the literal sense.

as in GOD gave Floyd his talent?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
                    Floyd says he's God gifted, but I must say I disagree. I think Floyd just trains his assss off. When I think of people who are God gifted, I think of guys who have a lot of natural power and stamina. Guys like Prince Naseem, who doesn't really put that much work into training, but will get knockouts. Basically, people who were born with natural gifts. They say punching power is born and not made. So that would be considered a gift from God. The person didn't work for that natural power. That person was already born with it. But I feel like Floyd actually works and trains his asss off. I mean, to be honest, I've never seen a harder worker than Floyd. Even when he does have all that money, he trains like he's broke.
                    Its both imo,he is clearly talented but his work is what makes him great..I always said talent with no hard work = ****..The difference in Jordan and James will always be the work they put into their craft,while James uses his physical talents Jordan perfected every part of his game..Mayweather is god gifted but works his butt off which is why he is on another level compared to most boxers..

Comment

Working...
                    X