Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First words from Larry Merchant's mouth after Mayweather KO'd Ortiz...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    Floyd can be classy when he wants to be. The chemistry between him and Larry is just not a good mix at this point.
    He also got smart with Kellerman, who's a big fan of his. Someone like Jim Gray wouldn't be able to interview him or something like that can happen again. Lets remember how Gray irritated Toney. Jr got very defensive with Rome who really didn't diss him at all. Wasn't even arguing(disagreeing) with him. And, yet Floyd got defensive.

Floyd said, "I'm 41 and 0, you should be riding my dick." It is clear this is how he truly feels. So to interview Floyd you have to be on your knees with your mouth open. And, that's the only way the interview would go smooth.

What HBO should do is hire someone like Ben Thompson just for Floyd fights to interview him. Because, if someone ask him a question that he doesn't like, or is not straight up sucking his dick. Then the interview won't go well...Or just have Mr. "you heard him" ask him questions. And, then none of this would be an issue any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
      *shakes head*
      Exactly, just keep shaking your head...Lets ignore that Floyd already had given thanks without Merchant cutting him off. Matter of fact why even have a post fight interview? Lets just give the mic to the fighters so they can thank everyone they want and leave. No need for questions.

Comment

Originally posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
        So much dumb ***** being posted that even I'm surprised lol.. But this post right here did it for me LOL!!!!
        first. listen to larry during the fight, he was talking ****.

second. we have seen on a number of occassions where floyd is talking to the commentators therefore he can hear them.

theres nothing dumb about my post. its a very possible floyd heard all of the commentators not only merchants hating

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
          Oh well, that just makes it more interesting. And for anyone who says that Larry Merchant is biased or unfair and had THAT coming to him from Floyd, I'll remind you of the fact that when Marvin Hagler was upset with Larry Merchant in the 80's for not giving him the perceived proper credit, The Marvelous One never cursed or verbally assaulted him. Hagler simply went into the ring and did what it took to earn the man's respect. Period.
          hagler and mayweather arent the same person. so you cant take one stroke of the brush and say one person should act like another.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
            first. listen to larry during the fight, he was talking ****.

second. we have seen on a number of occassions where floyd is talking to the commentators therefore he can hear them.

theres nothing dumb about my post. its a very possible floyd heard all of the commentators not only merchants hating
            you are Fcking stupid kid, They were giving Floyd credit for his performance they were not trash talking him, what are you talking about? Ohhh wait they are not supposed to give Ortiz credit when he gets his work in is that the problem?

STFU with your lies punk....

Comment

Hagler showed the best way to deal with Merchant if you're a fighter who thinks the man is not giving you enough respect. Go earn it in the ring. In Floyd's immature mind, the best he could come up with was to curse and verbally assail the man, pathetic really. In terms of what he did to deal w/ Ortiz, I take nothing from the man, he did exactly what needed to be done to be finished with Ortiz, but he threw it all away when he acted like a street thug to Larry Merchant.

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
                you are Fcking stupid kid, They were giving Floyd credit for his performance they were not trash talking him, what are you talking about? Ohhh wait they are not supposed to give Ortiz credit when he gets his work in is that the problem?

STFU with your lies punk....
                i said MERCHANT was hating not the other two, you asshat. but i said he could have heard all them commentating which means merchants hating as well

keep up

Comment

Who cares? Not about 2 boxers, stop talking about old ****

NSB never delete hating on Mayweather threads though

Comment

Hagler showed the best way to deal with Merchant if you're a fighter who thinks the man is not giving you enough respect. Go earn it in the ring. In Floyd's immature mind, the best he could come up with was to curse and verbally assail the man, pathetic really. In terms of what he did to deal w/ Ortiz, I take nothing from the man, he did exactly what needed to be done to be finished with Ortiz, but he threw it all away when he acted like a street thug to Larry Merchant.
                    again. everyone is different and handle **** in their own way. while i dont agree with what floyd did, its about time someone actually went off on Merchants hatin a*s

Comment

Oh well, that just makes it more interesting. And for anyone who says that Larry Merchant is biased or unfair and had THAT coming to him from Floyd, I'll remind you of the fact that when Marvin Hagler was upset with Larry Merchant in the 80's for not giving him the perceived proper credit, The Marvelous One never cursed or verbally assaulted him. Hagler simply went into the ring and did what it took to earn the man's respect. Period.
                      That's respectable. I suppose we would all be bored if everyone was as polite and gracious as Oscar De La Hoya in every interview.

I guess one would have to take the time to watch all the interviews between Larry and guys like B-Hop, Floyd, and Roy to get a good grasp of why there's some beef with Larry.

I guess it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X