Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Did Mikkel Kessler turn down the Lucian Bute fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kessler gonna kick bootays ass

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      Kessler was offered $3M
      That's not true at all.

Kessler wasn't happy with the arrangement because it wouldn't be shown during Prime time in Denmark where something like 60% of the population turn into his fights.

Comment

Yeah, I'm disapointed that fight didn't happen.
        I remember Kessler sitting ringside with Al Bernstein and Steve Albert during Bute's fight against Magee specifically saying he would be willing to go to Montreal to fight Bute.

As far as money goes I've heard conflicting reports about how much they offered Kessler.
        Last edited by Visceral; 10-07-2011, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
          That's not true at all.

Kessler wasn't happy with the arrangement because it wouldn't be shown during Prime time in Denmark where something like 60% of the population turn into his fights.
          My bad, apparently Kessler was only offered $750K but he would have made more than a mil if you add the danish tv money.

Comment

Kessler has made some extremely smart "business" moves. . . pulling out of the super six, and fighting the easiest champion for his belt. . . he can sit back, let the winner of the super 6 fight Bute, AND THEN he can fight the winner of that fight - so he doesn't have to go through the tough fights, risks, and wars, and still has JUST AS MUCH of a chance to be claimed the top dog at SMW. . . Very smart moves. . . .

Comment

Kessler ain't got anything to prove against Bute. He has a rematch with the winner of the super six to take care of. Whoever is left standing after that (Kessler, Froch, Ward) will have the rest (Bute, Dirrell, Pavlik, Johnson) to think about. Until then Bute can start fighting some real competition at 168, Johnson's a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                Kessler has made some extremely smart "business" moves. . . pulling out of the super six, and fighting the easiest champion for his belt. . . he can sit back, let the winner of the super 6 fight Bute, AND THEN he can fight the winner of that fight - so he doesn't have to go through the tough fights, risks, and wars, and still has JUST AS MUCH of a chance to be claimed the top dog at SMW. . . Very smart moves. . . .
                If anything, Bute is the one pulling the brilliant moves. He managed to totally bypass the super six, at least secure his place as number 2 in the public eye if plans for him to fight the super six champion happen. Brilliant career planner.

Comment

Working...
                X